Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the DAB and online outlet have relaunched as simply fresh cork with a new jingle package also.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DublinsABC

Join us this Sunday from 18.00 BST for Radio Memories and recordings of "Capitol Radio / Nitesky" First From February 1987 this is a recording of Nitesky 96, the alter-ego of nighttime service from Dublin’s aternative music pirate Capitol Radio, broadcasting on 95.8MHz. Nick Carney is on air with his early evening show. Followed By From December 27th 1988 this is the last show from Tony Gahan on his alternative rock music station Capitol Radio." With thanks to Radiowaves Ireland / Gary Hogg ..Tune-in on 93.3 FM Stereo in North Dublin /Tune-in Radio app/Alexa and https://daniel.torontocast.com:3015/stream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Yes I wonder what the radiation pattern is. Was also on the M50- M1 earlier.

Club dab drops just south of Drogheda and just north picked back up and perfect all the way to Dundalk but also worked perfectly all round Dundalk,

Strange but great we have DAB again. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Donuthead

On the M50 between Blanchardstown and the M1 exit, scanned the band and got a hit on 108 playing rap music. Was thinking at first it was one of those in-car FM tranmitters because of the audio quality but it turned out it was not.

Is anyone else hearing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Donuthead

Very good coverage from this indeed, loud and clear in Newry also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Muller1991

Caught a bit of 94.3 Family FM today between 1 and 3 while out doing a few bits in the car , whoever was on at 1 i had no idea what message they where trying to share, The guy on at 2 was leaps and bounds ahead of them. He probably has experience in radio or trying to gain some. Sound quality was fairly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Two transmission sites most likely. One Dublin, one North East.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Picked up a station near Dublin Airport on 102.5 FM on Friday afternoon, but it faded near the M50. It was playing dance music. Any ideas?

Just listening online now to ABC 80s recordings of Capitol/Nitesky as mentioned above. I am curious as to who Nick Carney is. He mentioned Dave Carney was on before him. I don't remember hearing Nick Carney from those days. Could they be the same person?? I know Dave Carney was Alan Cantwell which means...

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Iradio and Spirit radio have been off air for weeks in Dundalk. LMFM also off air today

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i am surprised they are off that long, well i radio anyway.

whatever about spirit i am surprised I radio are off that long.

they surely have some way of monitoring the transmitters?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

102.5 - local/low power return of Ice Radio maybe?

Radio Memories on ABC 80's this Easter Sunday at 18.00 BST is from "Cara 95 FM (95,5 FM ) " October 8th 1987 - This recording features the last few minutes of Brendan Ryan’s late night show leading up to midnight. The second recording on October 9th 1987 - This recording features Chris Martin on the air from midnight; and then later the breakfast programme with Lawrence John. Tune in to ABC 80's on 93,3 FM Stereo North Dublin /Alexa / Tune-in Radio app and https://daniel.torontocast.com:3015/stream With Thanks to Radiowaves Ireland and Ian Biggar And as usual ABC 80's will have the best in 80's all Bank Holiday weekend ..."Music you grew up with"

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

Relay for cork Pirate kiss fm on 91.6 fm in south dublin bad audio sounds like a cork version of FKs Hot Fm 🤣

First time I’ve heard a Cork station relayed on FM to Dublin. Live DJs too, so credit where it’s due. Nobody else is on air with widespread coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Dublin bandscan , South Dublin

91.6 Kiss

93.3 ABC 80s - much better than 96.0

99.4 Unid Dance

105.2 Unid Dance

105.7 Unid Oldies , mono , no audio processing but consistent signal

107.1 Retro Now

1440 AM Energy 208

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I'm based in the north east and working in Dublin, CLUBDAB is uninterrupted from Dundalk till just before Drogheda and then it drops out till after Balbriggan, then all the way over the M50 after Ballymount.

(It's looks like the exact same mix on the M50)

At the weekend there is a second mix in the north east with Storm/Kiss FM and many others and is only available from Dundalk up as far as north Drogheda.

Not sure how DAB works can they target a certain area or is it just based on the location of the transmitter. The town of Drogheda is like a large fort so that could also be the reason.

Fantastic selection of stations a bit of promoting would really help them as most modern cars have DAB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Would that be Phever relaying Cork's Kiss on 91.6 FM?

Would 105.7 be from The Beach/Star1057 stable? Up to a few weeks ago, it had been intermittent broadcasts of Star1057 since some time in January. Then, all of a sudden (or at least when I came across it), The Beach came back again.

Any ideas on the Unids at 99.4 and 105.2?

Re 93.3, it tends not to be great reception, or at least consistent, around Dundrum/Ballinteer areas.

Re Energy Power AM, Paul Murray was broadcasting live this evening and giving out their mobile number for requests. At one stage, he said Energy 1395 and then corrected himself - understandable!

A little aerial work to be done during summer to 93,3 FM and we'll be better

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Seems to be in Tralee too, I saw this shared on Social Media this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Drogheda is down in a valley so it can be troublesome to get signals in there. Today FM and Spirit have their own relays just for the town and Saorview also has one that was installed in the last few years. I have an attic-mounted FM dipole which works quite well but without that it would be poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭kazoo106

DAB SCAN 18/04/2022 - Plenty out there

ABC 80's "Music you Grew up With" this Sunday 24th at 18.00 BST on "Radio Memories" is "City Centre Radio Limerick - This is a recording of Limerick pirate station City Centre Radio from the evening of May 27th 1985. On the air is Ger Hickey and the record button was pressed at 9.40pm." See Alexa and 93.3 FM Stereo in North Dublin / https://daniel.torontocast.com:3015/stream With thanks to Radiowaves.fm

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Has Radio North on 846khz increased the power or an aerial upgrade ?

It's quite usable on the south west Wales coast from early evening over the last month or so and even sniffs of a signal during the day on a XHDATA D-808 with internal aerial .

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Just had a quick listen and I’m getting some good old fashioned preaching on 846am (I’m in South Dublin).

Also getting Spirit Radio on 87.6; don’t know from where.

87.5 is putting out some very bizarre stuff, sounds like someone playing out random YouTube or TikTok channels!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

With KIIS now on high power in Cork on 87.5, low powered pirate Energy in Carrigaline has moved up 0.3 to 87.8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

87.5 and also 108.0 will have lots of micro transmitters in cars to link music players etc to the FM radio ( I have often heard them when queuing at traffic lights) , of the whole FM band these frequencies are likeliest to have the least or no interference when driving long distances in the majority of the country so are very often used for micro-transmitters , your reception on 87.5 may be just one of them in a nearby car?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭TheBMG

I’d normally think it was a nearby car but I was up the hills (Kilmashogue) at the time. Also received Irish language programming on 107.1 which I presume is the community station from Belfast.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

With Ed Sheeran playing Cork this week, Cork’s RedFM have changed their imaging to Ed FM and their RDS PS now reads “EdFM”

ABC 80's on all Bank Holiday weekend with the best in 80's on 93.3 FM Stereo in North Dublin and on-line at https://daniel.torontocast.com:3015/stream We have Radio Memories from 18.00 BST on Sunday ( 1st May) which is a tribute to Mark Anthony from Radio Carol -Ann and Signal 102 Westmeath who pasted away in the last few weeks R.I.P. (We would all like to be remembered as part of radio in Ireland) Taken from Radiowaves Ireland / Jess Codd with Thanks webpage with Thanks This is a rare recording of Athlone-based pirate station Radio Carol-Ann from August 1981.

Midland Radio (2 Recordings )

The presenter is Mark Anthony, who identifies the station by the name Radio Carol-Ann, whereas idents give a station name of Midland Radio.

The banner seen here was at the entrance to the station.

The recording was made by the radio station touring lads of the DX Archive site, who stumbled upon Radio Carol-Ann by accident whilst travelling around.

So, thanks to them for both the recording and for these photographs which were taken whilst the recording was being made!

Starting at 3.20pm (with a few edits at the start) this is Mark Anthony on the air – and the picture on the left was taken during this show.

Mark later went on to start the pirate station Signal 102 in 1986, which was also in Ahlone, and lasted until 1988, and also to work for Midlands Radio 3 in the licensed era in the 1990s. (One Recording )m This is Signal 102, broadcasting from Athlone in Co Westmeath, with Mark Anthony on the air on October 21st 1986 from just after 1.20pm.

Comment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭Tow

Send in your requests via CB...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement