Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&I Cup SF: Munster A vs Leinster A, Fri 26th April 7:30pm (Garryowen FC, Dooradoyle)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

thats a pretty young leinster team.

There is a lot of depth missing

VDM injured means McGrath with seniors and JOC starting
    No Ruddock no Ryan (both seniors) No Murphy (injury)
    No Browne (if fit would have been with seniors pushing Roux or Toner into A squad)
    No Cooney at 9
    Goodman Darcy Macken and EOM missing strains the centre with Leinster having to field two teams.
    No Hudson, D Kearney or Fitzgerald (means conway is with seniors) puts strain on the back 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

.ak wrote: »
    Who's Mick Mcgrath?
    Clontarf player. Don't know anything else about him
    Would love to go into this. Havent seen Cathal Marsh play since I was playing mini rugby with him In Dublin 15 years ago!!
    Munster should win this. Leinster have a much younger side out and I think we will just edge this

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

Mick McGrath is a tarf winger who spent last year playing pro with plymouth albion in the championship.
    Quite a strong and powerful lad with a big chest

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

lurtz wrote: »
    ... with a big chest

Not something I usually look for in a winger :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

molloyjh wrote: »
    Not something I usually look for in a winger :pac:

Ha its just what I noticed about him when I saw him play

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

1. JOC(23) v Cronin(22)
    2. Dundon(30) v Henry(25)
    3. Bent(27) v Cotter(26)
    4. Denton(25) v Foley(24)
    5. Flanagan(23) v Nagle(24)
    6. Marshall(22) v Ronan(30)
    7. Gilsenan(20) v BOM(26)
    8. Au'ava(28) v CJ(23)
    9. McGrath(20) v Williams(27)
    10. Marsh(20) v JJ(20)
    11. SCM(21) v ROM(23)
    12. Reid(22) v Dineen(25)
    13. Byrne(18) v Barnes(23)
    14. Boyle(21) v Hircock(22)
    15. Carr(27) v Scanlon(24)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Buer

A very exciting Leinster side and would love to see how they get on. On paper though, I think they'll just be too callow to get anything out of this. Whilst a lot of their players might have a high ceiling in terms of development, they're far from there yet. Munster have a very seasoned side. 263 senior caps in that side. I'd expect them to be able to outmuscle Leinster overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

so who won, who played well etc =D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Buer

so who won, who played well etc =D

Leinster by a point, 32-31. Adam Byrne with two tries. Crossed in the final seconds after finishing a move he started in his own 22 with an outrageous break. Marsh with conversion from the touchline to win it.

Ben Marshall dominated the line out. Stole three opposition throws. Gilsenan was absolutely everywhere, tackled like a demon and won several penalties on the deck.

Then I woke up from my nice dream and remembered the match is on tomorrow!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

1314029819767.png

although in my own defense op did state that the game was on the 25th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

d'oh, my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

Might see Dom Ryan in this now seeing as he wasn't named in the Leinster side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Hype710 wrote: »

I'd say he'll still 'travel with the team', though likely we'd have seen him, and others, if this game was on Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

I'd say he'll still 'travel with the team', though likely we'd have seen him, and others, if this game was on Sun.

Possibly. Although I'm sure both he and Leinster are keen for him to get more game time. We'll see tonight I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Possibly. Although I'm sure both he and Leinster are keen for him to get more game time. We'll see tonight I guess.

I doubt it really. They'll always take an extra backrower just in case, and Jennings in particular has pulled out of a lot of games this season at short notice for various reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

SOB's probably not carrying a knock, he's just getting ready to line up for this game. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

.ak wrote: »
    SOB's probably not carrying a knock, he's just getting ready to line up for this game. :D

ye olde mind games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

These A sides are often subject to change before kick off, I remember a team came over here in the initial B&I Cup game or a warm up for it or something and JVDF, Dave Shanahan, Adam Byrne and Tom Daly were all meant to play but they were dropped before the game for senior players.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,794 ✭✭✭✭phog

One of the benefits of Leinster having both games on Irish soil, I had hoped the game would be set for Sunday and allow both teams to name a few of the fringe players that are usually on standby for the senior squad. All in all both A squads are fairly impressive and at the moment it's a great day in Limerick so should lend itself to a great evening for rugby.

phog wrote: »
    One of the benefits of Leinster having both games on Irish soil

The fact the game is on Friday makes it largely irrelevant I think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

These A sides are often subject to change before kick off, I remember a team came over here in the initial B&I Cup game or a warm up for it or something and JVDF, Dave Shanahan, Adam Byrne and Tom Daly were all meant to play but they were dropped before the game for senior players.

That happens more when the senior team plays before the A game.

Tox56 wrote: »
    The fact the game is on Friday makes it largely irrelevant I think

Well Munster flew out this morning and had to take whatever cover they deemed necessary, however, Leinster can still cho and change up to A squad arriving in Dooradoyle and can have their guys back in Dublin tonight if required for the senior team.

Well Munster flew out this morning and had to take whatever cover they deemed necessary, however, Leinster can still cho and change up to A squad arriving in Dooradoyle and can have their guys back in Dublin tonight if required for the senior team.

If they're backup for the senior team they surely wouldn't be played in this. Maybe Munster took 1 or 2 extra players but I would think it's extremely unlikely the likes of Dom Ryan will feature in this. If there is any possibility of them being needed on Sat I can't see why they would risk them playing a b and I cup game

Having to play two games in 24 hrs. Would never happen.

Tox56 wrote: »
    If they're backup for the senior team they surely wouldn't be played in this. Maybe Munster took 1 or 2 extra players but I would think it's extremely unlikely the likes of Dom Ryan will feature in this. If there is any possibility of them being needed on Sat I can't see why they would risk them playing a b and I cup game

My point is that Munster had to make a decision early today who was needed for their squad and head off to France, Leinster on the other hand can still chop and change if needed.

I'm not suggesting they play in both games. Didn't Boss sit on the bench for the senior team in the RDS and then race down the road to Donnybrook for an A game that evening.

Overall, this is a mountain being made from a molehill.

My point is that Munster had to make a decision early today who was needed for their squad and head off to France, Leinster on the other hand can still chop and change if needed.

I'm not suggesting they play in both games. Didn't Boss sit on the bench for the senior team in the RDS and then race down the road to Donnybrook for an A game that evening.

Overall, this is a mountain being made from a molehill.

It is, you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Has happened. Few times.

Jason Harris Wright did it a few times in particular for us.

It is, you're right.

I know, I'm seldom wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Maybe it's better to put this first so it's part of the buildup to the great rugby weekend rather than being overshadowed by it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Would love for this to be on the box. Real pity it isn't. Last years game was a cracker.

Advertisement