Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah, phenomenal achievement and hopefully he can do it again. He's getting older though and injuries come back to haunt you as you get older.
    Did you watch him yesterday? You could see he was protecting himself after a couple of holes, led to wayward drives.

Agree with this, he can't keep coming back. It takes a toll, no one ever beat time, wear and tear will beat us all in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Agree with this, he can't keep coming back. It takes a toll, no one ever beat time, wear and tear will beat us all in the end

Tiger will win another Masters yet. He could even win another British Open if the sun shines.
    & then 18 is only one win away!

He looks really slim and i would imagine is trying to lessen the burden on his back as much a possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

As a Tiger fanatic I'm a bit worried. His back is acting up after 5 months off, and after he's played just one competitive round. That can't be good.

Then again he withdrew from one of the playoff events last year and won a couple of months later without breaking sweat at the zozo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Absolute carnage today, 1 player under par. Rahm could shoot +4 today and win IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

fullstop wrote: »
    Absolute carnage today, 1 player under par. Rahm could shoot +4 today and win IMO.

Brooks really struggling plus 8 but most are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Consistent scoring from Dustin Johnson 80-80

Koepka getting in the 80s club now also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

El Sueño wrote: »
    As a Tiger fanatic I'm a bit worried. His back is acting up after 5 months off, and after he's played just one competitive round. That can't be good.

Then again he withdrew from one of the playoff events last year and won a couple of months later without breaking sweat at the zozo.

Love watching Tiger myself but I think its clear this is what he's at now. An event thats somehow special to him here and there. The majors. And thats probably it. I'd say any normal person would never play golf again never mind tour level after what he's been through with his back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Phil acting like an absolute knob. Putting from 80 yards on 13 and then laying up on the par 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,218 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

fullstop wrote: »
    Phil acting like an absolute knob. Putting from 80 yards on 13 and then laying up on the par 3.

Just hearing him talking about it, I dont believe his explanation at all. Wouldnt be the first time hes acted this way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Golf is my Game

When Phil gets pissed at something he doesnt like about a course he does something dumb to try to show how dumb the thing he does like about the course is, but just makes himself look dumb and childish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

When Phil gets pissed at something he doesnt like about a course he does something dumb to try to show how dumb the thing he does like about the course is, but just makes himself look dumb and childish.

Jack must be majorly! pissed off with his carry on.

That type of carry on by Phil won't go down well with the top brass considering it's Jack's event.

I'm a fan of his but this type of stuff makes him look like a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

That type of carry on by Phil won't go down well with the top brass considering it's Jack's event.

I can’t wait to see his egomania run wild when he’s RC captain.
    Can’t be as cringe as Faldo, or the insufferable Clarke, but it will still be hilariously all Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,789 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Finau really knows how to not win!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Rahm at -14 is so good considering the other scores

Finau seems a bit of a choker.

Finau seems a bit of a choker.

I saw that Ben Coley tipped him at the start of the week

Why the feck would you ever back him??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Pretty sure Rahm should have had a penalty on 16. Ball clearly moved when he grounded his club. Surprised they didn't pick up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

PARlance wrote: »
    Pretty sure Rahm should have had a penalty on 16. Ball clearly moved when he grounded his club. Surprised they didn't pick up on it.

I thought it was me after a few beers, how did the commentators not call it? Looked obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I actually thought he did the same on 15. Will be interesting to see if they turn a blind eye to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

TV producer didnt dare give us a close up this time!

Toni Finau deffo did that yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Toni Finau deffo did that yesterday

Rahms moved, Finau's didn't move from its original position.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

I dont think it was enjoyable watching last night. The greens were simply ridiculous. I am all for not having winning scores of -20. Lengthening courses is not a desirable outcome to make conditions more challenging but rough and firm greens certainly is. But there is a line somewhere. Watching top players in the world shooting 7 or 8 over and they getting frustrated is not entertaining. Mickelson doing what he did was petty and childish. I think he dunked the ball in the water twice on that 16th par 3 so maybe that is why he laid up. That 16th was simply unplayable. On Saturday only 25% of players held that green. You can understand the frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's amazing the amount still f people giving out about Phil and what he did and hardly a mention of the winner and the ball that moved.

Also, that course was set up by Jack to show that you can invent any ball you want and hit it any length you want and courses can still be built to stop you. I think he was sending a not so subtle message to manufacturers to quit while they're ahead or face the ruination of the sport.

I know it's hosted the Ryder cup but I wonder why Muirfield Village hasn't hosted a major. It could be set up to host a PGA and after seeing it at the weekend it'd make a good US Open test

I know it's hosted the Ryder cup but I wonder why Muirfield Village hasn't hosted a major. It could be set up to host a PGA and after seeing it at the weekend it'd make a good US Open test

It really is a fantastic course

Its great to watch. Like a better version of Augusta in some ways and one of my favourites to watch on TV. Imaging how realy really great it would be if played with a proper ball that brought the fairway bunkers more into play and didnt let them airmail over corners for 400 yards drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Its great to watch. Like a better version of Augusta in some ways and one of my favourites to watch on TV. Imaging how realy really great it would be if played with a proper ball that brought the fairway bunkers more into play and didnt let them airmail over corners for 400 yards drives.

It found DeChambeau out eventually. Golf at that level is a risk/reward equation. Risk can be increased.

• Advertisement

First Up wrote: »
    It found DeChambeau out eventually. Golf at that level is a risk/reward equation. Risk can be increased.

It didn't I don't think, his own pigheadedness found himself out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement