Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Tiger on target for a round of 12 under. Impressive.

On target for a missed cut, what will all his cheerleaders do for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,791 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

HighLine wrote: »
    Tiger's game looking very sharp. No signs of rust at all.

Looks fairly rusty, to be expected after the long lay off.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Looks fairly rusty, to be expected after the long lay off.

Captain Hindsight, fair play. I posted that message after his first 3 holes... 3 holes which he played flawlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Tiger played a lot of poor shots today then it looked like all of a sudden he had a stiff back and a bit of a limp, probably a coincidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭badabing106

Tiger played a lot of poor shots today then it looked like all of a sudden he had a stiff back and a bit of a limp, probably a coincidence!

Tiger played like a 44 year old with a history of injury problems. Because of that, He is not going to win a tournament again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Tiger played like a 44 year old with a history of injury problems. Because of that, He is not going to win a tournament again

I would disagree with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Golf is my Game

Bryson is a physics major so he can probably do the geometry on best than a rules guy. I dont think Id argue with him on this kind of stuff so he must have a case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Bryson really is a pillock. "I don't believe it"... Those are the rules of golf.

People said Tuger wouldnt play again. That if he came back he would be a freak show pathetic shadow of his previous player. That he wouldnt evem be competitive. That he wouldnt win any thing. That him winning a major was talk that should should get you locked up in the looney bin. Yeh. Tiger is just on a different level so you cant judge by normal expectations., Or your likely to be wrong if you try.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭bren2001

Bryson is a physics major so he can probably do the geometry on best than a rules guy. I dont think Id argue with him on this kind of stuff so he must have a case.

Never graduated university, did he? No case at all. Very rude to the official as well. This is why I dislike him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Some meltdown by Bryson

bren2001 wrote: »
    Never graduated university, did he? No case at all. Very rude to the official as well. This is why I dislike him.

Didnt know that.
    Looks like he dont count so good neither. Seens like he was struggling to count to double figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭bren2001

I enjoyed his caddie running to block the camera focussing on him!

bren2001 wrote: »
    I enjoyed his caddie running to block the camera focussing on him!

I think Bryson did the damage to his image all on his own right there.

I think Bryson did the damage to his image all on his own right there.

He's at it the whole time, it's no surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Finally Bryson missing a cut

+3 is the cut now, so the tour will do some creative thinking, and play 3 balls from 2 tees. That way we can see tiger hole a 20 footer to get within 10 of the lead. Same sort of coincidence that saw him tee off at 9:05 in the open every year, for 9:00 BBC coverage

Two birdies in the last three to make it in. Terrific really. He just doesnt give up. Its the same attitude that gave him so many wins in his prime. Cheerleeders wil be able to follow him for another 36 holes so theyl be quite happy.

Two birdies in the last three to make it in. Terrific really. He just doesnt give up. Its the same attitude that gave him so many wins in his prime. Cheerleeders wil be able to follow him for another 36 holes so theyl be quite happy.

I'm happy enough he made it, it will be a help for the delayed majors. He looked really good in the exhibition with Peyton Manning against Mickelson and Tom Brady, was rusty, but holed a nice one at the last aswell, he could climb the board, its a tough course

• Registered Users Posts: 21,218 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

See another video of Bryson flattening grass before taking a drop. Looks nice and dodgy. On top of everything else that happened on that one hole, be great if he was pulled up on it

• Advertisement

I didnt think he was dropping it from knee hight either, looked like he was too high and you cant be either too high or too low, its got to be knee.

Consistent scoring from Dustin Johnson 80-80

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Consistent scoring from Dustin Johnson 80-80

Consistency is key.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Proper golf course - interesting holes, penal rough, quick greens.

Tiger looking rusty enough particularly the chipping from what I saw.

Bryson being an absolute muppet yet again. Delighted he missed the cut. Once again he fails miserably in a major quality field

Disappointed I didn't back Rahm or Woodland as I saw both being tipped. Fancy one of those two to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

El Sueño wrote: »
    Proper golf course - interesting holes, penal rough, quick greens.

Tiger looking rusty enough particularly the chipping from what I saw.

Bryson being an absolute muppet yet again. Delighted he missed the cut. Once again he fails miserably in a major quality field

Disappointed I didn't back Rahm or Woodland as I saw both being tipped. Fancy one of those two to win.

Rahm has a big chance now to get to #1 this week also. It will be interesting how that is seen in the US, given he hasn't won an individual event in the US in 2.5 years currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Is this a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Remind me wrote:
    Is this a joke?
    Well regardless of the way he put it there has to be serious concerns. He's had a long time off and on day 2 it was pretty evident that he was protecting himself on many of his swings.
    If he is struggling to get through two days of play it's really concerning.
    I hope it's just a one off in this tournament but I'm very worried that it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well regardless of the way he put it there has to be serious concerns. He's had a long time off and on day 2 it was pretty evident that he was protecting himself on many of his swings.
    If he is struggling to get through two days of play it's really concerning.
    I hope it's just a one off in this tournament but I'm very worried that it's not.

He couldn't walk and came back and won the masters and tour championship

Meanwhile we got to see the nasty side of DeChambeau again yesterday. It's all rosy when he's playing well but when things go wrong he is a moron. The disrespect he showed the rules officials showed a very poor side to him.

• Advertisement

Remind me wrote:
    He couldn't walk and came back and won the masters and tour championship
    Yeah, phenomenal achievement and hopefully he can do it again. He's getting older though and injuries come back to haunt you as you get older.
    Did you watch him yesterday? You could see he was protecting himself after a couple of holes, led to wayward drives.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement