Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Shane going great - this is right up his street.

1 over after 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Come on snedeker. Some round from him so far

Dustin Johnson having another shocker. Man just can't handle things when it's not going his way. Just can't battle.

Come on snedeker. Par or birdie the last and reckon the tournament could be his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Looking bad again.... really hope play isn't called... would screw Sneds up if they got to finish tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Great round by Lowry, + 1 only Snedeker better. Mightnt be far off top 10 if they finish it today.

Even though Dunne is +6 for the day he hasn't lost a huge amount of places on the day. Top 20 still a chance, actually playing steady after losing 4 shots in first 5 holes.

Great to see U.S golf played in a bit of "weather".

Edit: Stopped again, Lowry just finished in time.

• Advertisement

Play is called. I don't think this will get finished today.. really unlucky for Snedeker who played an amazing round but the lads will probably get to finish their rounds tomorrow morning in nice weather.

Clearance has arrived but wind is still howling. Tomorrow's forecast is breezy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Shane will want this to finish tonight.

• Advertisement

Double post*

Absolutely gutted for snedeker and my pp account that play got halted. Couldn't see anyone bar walker being close to the 6 under if play had continued.

Kj choi hit a drive into the wind 216 yards!!!!!

Supposed to still be windy when they resume this morning so hopefully won't be too easy for them.

Still not sure whether to cash out on snedeker :(

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

Absolutely gutted for snedeker and my pp account that play got halted. Couldn't see anyone bar walker being close to the 6 under if play had continued.

Supposed to still be windy when they resume this morning so hopefully won't be too easy for them.

Check forecast and if its not windy then check out, these guys are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Was in the same boat and cashed out. If he was ahead outright by even one i'd consider letting it ride but the fact Walker is 1 ahead and Choi is level means i can't see the 6 under holding up. Still hope i'm wrong as Sneds nearly deserves to win after his round in that yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

20 - 25 kph winds throughout the morning.

Only 'easy' birdie on back 9 in 18th with the rest difficult holes anyway.

Think I am going to let mine run for now and then reassess when play resumes

redzerdrog wrote: »
    20 - 25 kph winds throughout the morning.

Only 'easy' birdie on back 9 in 18th with the rest difficult holes anyway.

Think I am going to let mine run for now and then reassess when play resumes

That's the plan anyway. Snedeker nearly deserves the to win after the round he produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

That's the plan anyway. Snedeker nearly deserves the to win after the round he produced.

Rechecked there is actually 25 - 30 mph winds throughout the morning, dies down to around 20 about 3 o clock

Walker was playing well to be fair, forecast wind is stronger than yesterdays if anything. I still think -6 in the club house will at worst get a play off.

Start of play put back by another hour to clear debris.

Just let them out and drop shots please!!!!

• Advertisement

It doesn't look too windy on the live pictures now. A lot of trees down and damage done to the course. Sky say restart is now 6pm Irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

looks a toss up at this stage for snedeker vs the field. Even in benign conditions, this is a very tough course. throw in any wind and its super tough. I'd still say -6 is the number.

Now live pictures showing the wind has just got up and is blowing hard... hopefully none of ye cashed out on Sneds!

Well jimmy dropped one on 11 already. Three tied at -6 now.

In Germany so don't have sky and my usual place for a stream doesn't have the Monday golf.

Pga live feed only available in U.S.

Anyone have a recommendation for some site I can watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Dunne made a good par putt on 17... I'm a big fan of the guy, and I hate to say it - but he's very slow. Particularly around the greens. He's not alone in this of course - so many young players coming through play just too darn slow. Spieth is the same and again, I'm a huge fan.

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Dunne made a good par putt on 17... I'm a big fan of the guy, and I hate to say it - but he's very slow. Particularly around the greens. He's not alone in this of course - so many young players coming through play just too darn slow. Spieth is the same and again, I'm a huge fan.

It's definitely a real shame to see and then you have the knock on effect of kids watching and emulating.
    I hope in time both tours crack down and put a stop to slow play because the players will not change unless forced.

No shot tracker either :(

Totally agree about the slow play as well. It's up to the tours to start getting tougher on this issue. Players won't change otherwise.

And it's gone completely into the amateur game too. Was at the south of Ireland this year and they were taking over 5 hours to play their rounds in 3 balls and all players had rangefinders too. It was a joke altogether

Jim furyk out for next 3 months as well after wrist surgery. Will miss the masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Dunne birdied the last to get to level overall! Good man Paul...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

WHIP IT! wrote:
    Dunne birdied the last to get toe level overall! Good man Paul...

Thats a really impressive debut in lousy conditions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement