Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

loadwire wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think it's not always available when there is more than one course involved. Not sure why but I seem to remember it being like that for similar tournaments last year.

I definitely recall it being used on a tournament with multiple courses last year, so that's not the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Hi, does anyone know if the PGA Tour shot tracker has been done away with?, I can't seem to be able to find it, always found it a handy way to keep track...

It's still there, it will be on the south course only. So you could follow Dunne in round 1 and Lowry in round 2. Weekend action is south course only.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

It's still there, it will be on the south course only. So you could follow Dunne in round 1 and Lowry in round 2. Weekend action is south course only.

Yes, I followed Dunne for most of the evening, seeing as they weren't showing him. Nice interview with Sky after his round - such a level headed guy.

Yes lads, I know you can click an individual player and follow him but what I'm talking about is this, where you can pretty much see what everyone is doing at a glance.....

Screen-shot-2012-02-19-at-10.42.29-AM.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Seems Justin Rose is following in Padraig's footsteps and using a brainwave hat/band. Really think that's a waste of time but each to their own.

(about 1min in) http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10147907/rose-raring-to-go

• Advertisement

Shane Lowry has had another round of 1 under today, so will be around for the weekend. Paul Dunne seems to be struggling a bit on the easier North course. Currently 2 over for the round with six holes to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

And Paul Dunne finishes with a birdie and an eagle on his 17th and 18th.......Wow! 1 under for the round, and right back in it.

Yes lads, I know you can click an individual player and follow him but what I'm talking about is this, where you can pretty much see what everyone is doing at a glance.....

Yeah as of 2016 they retired the legacy version of Shot Tracker.

http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard/scoring-features.html

Yeah as of 2016 they retired the legacy version of Shot Tracker.

http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard/scoring-features.html

That's a shame, no actually that's a tragedy, change is NOT good!

RIP shottracker.

• Advertisement

Jason Gore just got an albatros on the 18th!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Great to see Dunne.

I'll take away the Irish flag for one second.
    I'll ask the question, is he a bit too slow of a player ?

I just know - I'm going to be watching him for many years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Great to see Dunne.

I'll take away the Irish flag for one second.
    I'll ask the question, is he a bit too slow of a player ?

I just know - I'm going to be watching him for many years

Haven't been following the thread so sorry for butting in but I remember saying the same about him last year think it was the open.

But yehh he looks like he going to have a career ahead of him.

That was a class putt.

Paul Dunne has shot -1 for the day - Sky just showed his birdie putt on the last. Currently tied 14th. If he gets to finish in the top 20 on his first outing on the PGA tour, it will be some achievement.

Lowry shot +1 today, currently tied 41st.

That was a class putt.

Yes, excellent - slippery, downhill putt straight in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Possibly mentioned already but just pointing it out so nobody gets caught out... They've moved the tee times forward for the final round at the Farmers, Sky's coverage will now start at the unusually early time of 4.30pm

Good luck, Paul

Terrible looking conditions there now and it's showing with lots of bogeys on the leaderboard

Edit: I can see this being called and a Monday finish if it gets worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Just called there now,can't see it being back on with the weather that's forecast...pity really as it would be nice to see them struggle in the conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Tough on those who had to play in the worst of it. I'd say Dunne would be happy if it was cut to 54. Lowry was level through 5 which was good going.

• Advertisement

Colt Knost was arguing with the referee for about 5 minutes before he hit the putt below because he wanted play to be called.... and then does this
    https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/693843464543301632

Double post*

Playing again

And play has been called off again but players holding in place so hopefully won't be too long.

Very annoying... play is underway and the American TV host are not filming. With such little golf that will be played today, that's just silly.

HighLine wrote: »
    Very annoying... play is underway and the American TV host are not filming. With such little golf that will be played today, that's just silly.

This habit they have of changing over channels and missing 30 mins of golf is just farcical!

great to hear this piece about slow play.

great to hear this piece about slow play.

Absolutely. That putt they showed from Spieth was beyond ridiculous and yet he had the cheek to complain about it afterwards (I'm a big fan of him but slow play drives me mad).

Will never happen but I would love to have a shot clock of 20 seconds for all shots.

HighLine wrote: »
    Absolutely. That putt they showed from Spieth was beyond ridiculous and yet he had the cheek to complain about it afterwards (I'm a big fan of him but slow play drives me mad).

Will never happen but I would love to have a shot clock of 20 seconds for all shots.

Yes - they need to lead from the top.

The big problem is that the average weekend club thrower is copying what they see on tv.

You can sort of understand kids watching them and do it - the ones that drive me nuts are grown men in 30s/40s at it.

The ones who spend about 40/50 seconds over a putt and then cry when it breaks left and tell everyone what just happened.

Yes example should be set at very top.

The interviews were great.

• Advertisement

Dunne struggling.

Shot tracker was wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement