Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Could be world No1 by this time next week, inside top 7 will do it, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Any idea why during the playoff it didn't go back to the sky studio for the guys insight??
    or had everyone gone home??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

Could be world No1 by this time next week, inside top 7 will do it, I think.

How did you arrive at that conclusion? By my reckoning, only a win will get him to number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Well if Rory stays injured for a while, it is hard to NOT see him being overtaken by Spieth pretty soon.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Well if Rory stays injured for a while, it is hard to NOT see him being overtaken by Spieth pretty soon.

I guess it depends how long Rory is out. If we assume he will miss the next 4 weeks up to and including the PGA, his total points will drop from 600.88 to around 565. His number of tournaments played over the preceding two years will drop from 48 to 45. His average world ranking points will therefore increase slightly from the current 12.52 to around 12.56.

Spieth currently has 587.23 points from 52 events, giving an average of 11.29. His divisor will remain at 52 and he will lose approximately 27 points over the next four weeks due to the application of the adjustment factor. In order to move ahead of Rory, he will need to have a points total of around 653.

Therefore he would need to pick up around 93 world ranking points in total over the next four weeks in order to take over as world number one. Obviously, if he wins either of the two majors on offer, he will achieve this. But it's still a lot of points and would require a number of good finishes if he doesn't actually win either major.

So it's not a foregone conclusion that Rory will lose the number 1 spot, but the longer he's out, the more likely it will become.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

http://www.worldgolfchampionships.com/bridgestone-invitational/tee-times.html

WGC bridgestone on this week.

Interesting that they have Andrew Dodt playing on his own. Surely they could have invited someone to come play with him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Rikand wrote: »

Interesting that they have Andrew Dodt playing on his own. Surely they could have invited someone to come play with him ?

He will have someone with him - just not someone playing in the competition.

Rikand wrote: »

The criteria for qualifying for this tournament are quite precise. There's too much money and too many world ranking and FedEx Cup points at stake for them to invite someone who hasn't qualified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Going for Ricky again this week. Jason Day in with a good shout too but I reckon it's all going to come together sooner rather than later for Fowler. Strong field though so should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Can anyone tell me about the course and does it lend itself to any particular style? Funking for Padraig think he has 4 rounds in him at some stage soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Sergio just had a 9 on the par 5 16th.... ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Jaysus Troy Merritt really showing what an up and down game golf is. 10 over par with a hole to play, dead last. Maybe had a few too many brewskies after last week.

GMac on top at the moment - and how he needs a good week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Jimmy was pretty Imense on his round gave himself many Birdie opportunities hit a very bad 2nd shot on the last by his standards. But it seems not making mistakes here is key and Jimmy dont make many.

TBH I dont even know the Danny Lee lad he didnt get shown much but has decent finished in his last few tournaments bar the Open.

Harringtons Driving was ok, but he only left himself one put inside 10ft all day, missed a 6 footer for birdie and wholed a 32 footer to get his one birdie

Jason Day having a Tin Cup experience on the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭zizou_

abff wrote: »
    Jason Day having a Tin Cup experience on the 16th.

He did well to rescue an 8!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Bubba non stop whinging the whole way around.

Absolutely hate watching him play.

Tilikum wrote: »
    Bubba non stop whinging the whole way around.

Absolutely hate watching him play.

Yep, I'm fed up with him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

Even though I hate the whinging after every missed putt, I keep hoping he misses every putt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

idle wrote: »
    Even though I hate the whinging after every missed putt, I keep hoping he misses every putt

Playing super stuff though!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Pretty unusual symmetry to the leaderboard there a while back

brdg_zpsr2mejtof.jpg

I had to watch on the laptop last night as I'm away from home......but this week nothing will get me away fom my TV. Really looking forward to Thursday night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Some Tee Times to look forward to:

Time|1|2|3
    14:05|Jason Day|Dustin Johnson|Rickie Fowler
    14:15|Tiger Woods|Martin Kaymer|Keegan Bradley
    18:20|Davis Love III|Darren Clarke|Steve Stricker
    18:40|Webb Simpson|Bernd Wiesberger|Shane Lowry
    19:00|Luke Donald|Graeme McDowell|Patrick Reed
    19:20|Rory McIlroy|Jordan Spieth|Zach Johnson
    19:30|Jason Dufner|Phil Mickelson|Padraig Harrington

Times are Irish

rrpc wrote: »
    Some Tee Times to look forward to:

Time|1|2|3
    14:05|Jason Day|Dustin Johnson|Rickie Fowler
    14:15|Tiger Woods|Martin Kaymer|Keegan Bradley
    18:20|Davis Love III|Darren Clarke|Steve Stricker
    18:40|Webb Simpson|Bernd Wiesberger|Shane Lowry
    19:00|Luke Donald|Graeme McDowell|Patrick Reed
    19:20|Rory McIlroy|Jordan Spieth|Zach Johnson
    19:30|Jason Dufner|Phil Mickelson|Padraig Harrington

Times are Irish

Harrington group guaranteed a lot of TV time! And going out just after the major winners' group.

For a second there, I thought they were talking about Tiger's swing and I began to worry!!
    https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/633995440426500096

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Tiger -5 thru 13 sitting in 2nd place

He needs at worst a 2nd place finish this week to make the playoffs I think I read

And Tiger now to -6. Helps when ones like these drop...

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/634380811047800836

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

He's back!

Run & Hide Jordan/Jason/Justin/Dustin! Run & Hide!

(Rory's name didn't fit in phonetically)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Be some achievement if he made the Fedex.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement