Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Options
1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

kidcummins wrote: »
    Hi ladies, hope all are well and happy? Could I ask yer daily routine please, back to work and crèche in a month so want to get something vaguely in place. At the moment we're nursing to sleep. Cheers
    Hi ladies, hope all are well and happy? Could I ask yer daily routine please, back to work and crèche in a month so want to get something vaguely in place. At the moment we're nursing to sleep. Cheers

Hi there! How old is your little one now? Mine is 23 weeks. We had our last breastfeed on Friday-it was a sad day! We were down to one feed a day so it was time to just out a stop to it, he loves his bottles now so it felt like the right time. We started purees then on Saturday-started with baby porridge and he loves it! Really looking forward

Kidcummins- our routine is something like this (am really not strict on times apart from bedtime!)
    6am - he seems to wake around this time each morning, can sometimes get another hour or so if I bring him into bed with me for a feed!
    Bottles at 6am, 10am,2pm and 6pm or every 3 hrs if he is particularly hungry. I'll be introducing purees at lunch then breakfast soon.
    Bed at 6pm (he is wrecked by 5.30/6pm but I may start trying to keep him up gradually for bed at 7pm) he usually naps about 2-2.5hrs after waking and then again in the afternoon around 2pm ish. He naps in his seat in the morning or in he car if we are out and about. I try and get him into the cot if I can! I'm not strict at all with naps but it's working for us at the moment so am happy! Hope that helps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Oops meant to say in really looking forward to the next stage of weaning and trying a few veg!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Hey Ladies,
    Am just wondering if any of you have any experience of allergies with your little one's? I am convinced my boy has an allergy possibly to something in his milk and will be at doctors tomorrow so want to say it to them. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this?
    His chest sounds quite wheezy a lot of the time, he has a constantly stuffy nose but nothing there, he comes out in red patches on his head and just today he has come out in red patches on his face. Nothing is bothering him, hes a very happy baby but he does find it very hard to sleep due to the stuffy nose. I think this is possibly enlarged adenoids due to an allergy. He was 6 months yesterday so going for his vaccinations tomorrow , dreading it!

I had brought him to the doctor about 6 weeks ago due to his wheeziness and she said at the time that he might develop asthma but nothing could be done until he was 2 so no point worrying about it until then. I'm not happy about this so I am going to ask again tomorrow. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has encountered this and what was done to help baby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Fima, my boy has a stuffy nose (mostly at night), I don't think he's chesty although my mother said he was the other day and he has on/off rash across his chest. Doesn't seem to bother him except for times during the night with the stuffy nose.

I was putting it all down to teething tbh. Be interesting to hear what your doc says though. I sometimes think I just blame everything on teething haha

My mother keeps telling me ' You put nothing down to teething! ' ok so, even when I know he's teething I can't blame it for anything ?! Granny's are mad.
    Vaccinations today, so dreading it for him, he screamed like a banshee at his 2 & 4 month ones. Feel so guilty for arranging for him to get hurt :(

• Advertisement

Sweet_pea wrote: »
    Fima, my boy has a stuffy nose (mostly at night), I don't think he's chesty although my mother said he was the other day and he has on/off rash across his chest. Doesn't seem to bother him except for times during the night with the stuffy nose.

I was putting it all down to teething tbh. Be interesting to hear what your doc says though. I sometimes think I just blame everything on teething haha

He was referred to paediatrics for allergy testing and a look at his tonsils & adenoids. There's a history of sleep apnea in the family also so they're going to look into that. Now I just have to wait for an appointment ... I bought the clevamama baby pillow this morning to see if slightly lifting his head will help him breathe easier , hopefully it does because he was very bad from 3am this morning until he got up at 6. Then slept in his buggy from 7-10 as he seems to be more comfortable in there. Wish I had a buggy to sleep in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Oh dear Fima, we'll hopefully you can get it sorted now, we've had no problems the last couple of nights so think I'm happy to put it down to teething.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kidcummins

Oh My F**kin God!!! I hate weaning onto food. He purses his lips and nothing gets by. Currently I'm 25 mins trying to get one icecube size of courgette ( his favourite according to childminders) into him. He's 7 months now so was thinking it's time to be mashing stuff but he won't even swallow the pureed food. I give him finger food to chew on and he's happy with that but if he gets a bit of it choking and spluttering until he spewing.
    Ahhhh it's so frustrating and upsetting and my weekends are ruined hangin around home to spend an hour trying to get him to eat

Oh My F**kin God!!! I hate weaning onto food. He purses his lips and nothing gets by. Currently I'm 25 mins trying to get one icecube size of courgette ( his favourite according to childminders) into him. He's 7 months now so was thinking it's time to be mashing stuff but he won't even swallow the pureed food. I give him finger food to chew on and he's happy with that but if he gets a bit off it, he's choking and spluttering until he spewing.
    Ahhhh it's so frustrating and upsetting and my weekends are ruined hangin around home to spend an hour trying to get him to eat

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Oh My F**kin God!!! I hate weaning onto food. He purses his lips and nothing gets by. Currently I'm 25 mins trying to get one icecube size of courgette ( his favourite according to childminders) into him. He's 7 months now so was thinking it's time to be mashing stuff but he won't even swallow the pureed food. I give him finger food to chew on and he's happy with that but if he gets a bit off it, he's choking and spluttering until he spewing.

There is a saying that food until one is just for fun. It's all about new tastes and trying a variety of food. It's not really about filling them up so to speak.
    Have you looked at baby led weaning at all, might suit ye better..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

We had the exact same.at exactly six months I started her on puree and she loved it for two weeks. Since then she refuses to let a spoon into her mouth so we now go by the baby led weaning.
    Its a little scary at times but now she eats the same food as us most of the time.
    And she loves liver,fish and any meat. So far cucumber seems to be the only food that doesn't agree with her. Some meals she doesn't seem to get any food into her and other times she seems to eat loads.
    I discovered that giving her a breastfeed just before her meal means she'll eat more than if I breastfeed her after. She is almost 8months old.
    Good luck!!

Hey all December Mammies! How are all the little ones? Hope all are doing well :)

Hey.....how fast is the year going by?!! Got halloween outfit today, all these firsts are so exciting. Another first happened today when he pulled himself up into the standing position using legs of highchair. He only mastered crawling 2 weeks ago but bored of it already.

I still cant believe sometimes that my baby is actually here, never mind 10 months in a few days! Oh get ready for the bumps to the head that come with standing :( Indy is going around with two semi permanent horns each side of his forehead from all his climbing and falling. He dived out of my arms and straight to the floor last night, got an awful fright but he was grand, was me that needed a hug after! Only has 1 tooth which arrived last week ... They're in such a hurry to grow up, I'm so conflicted, want him small forever but also want to see what he'll be like when hes walking and talking properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Soooky

Oh isn't it mad how time flies!!:eek: My LO got her first tooth last week as well and started standing up too - its like it all happening at once!! Cant believe I am even starting to look at ideas for 1st birthday present! We're taking so many videos and photos of her and when we look back at some of the older ones it seems like years ago! Has been the best year of my life so far and looking forward to what's to come :):):)

Happy Halloween!! Rant alert, sorry :-( it's the only place I have to do it anonymously. But is it just me or do others find their inlaws very annoying since having baby. I always got on fine with dem but aince lst dec, they wreck my head and my tolerance is low these days prob lack of sleep

Happy Halloween!! Rant alert, sorry :-( it's the only place I have to do it anonymously. But is it just me or do others find their inlaws very annoying since having baby. I always got on fine with dem but aince lst dec, they wreck my head and my tolerance is low these days prob lack of sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Soooky

Ha ha think it happens a lot once a baby arrives! I find I am probably super sensitive now when it comes to anything about my baby so that doesn't help :rolleyes:

Oh stop, I've actually been quietly fuming all morning over comments made by my OH's mother (again) ... I always got on great with her before baby but ever since he was born she has upset me time and time again. I said to OH once and we ended up rowing about it so I keep it to myself now but tend to avoid going over there even though we used to be there all the time. I posted a photo of baby in his Halloween costume to my close friends & family on FB last night and she comments 'Poor Baby" underneath. Why? He's the happiest baby you could ever meet. She also constantly deliberately misspells his name. My own mother corrected her last night ... I was delighted! All very petty but Jesus it builds up until the smallest thing would make you crack!

Happy Halloween!!

Advertisement