Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weirdest obession?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

summerskin wrote: »
    Lots, and each one costs money. Each one you pointlessly order costs money that is then passed on to the rest of us through our bills.

So stop. Just stop. Perhaps speak to a counsellor.

well i dont order them and just leave at home only have 3 but i gave them to my mates who use meteor network now . be stupid just leaving them there be bad. i just enjoy ordering them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭FiachDubh

There was a thing on the radio earlier about buzzards. Apparently they've been in Ireland for years, but a breeding pair was introduced in Antrim or somewhere in the 1800s and they have been spreading down along the east coast of Ireland since. There was a farmer on, in Meath I think, talking about how all the small birds and rodents on his property had been eaten.

Buzzards, mental. Raptors all over the place, there is.

Oh, and obsessions: nail varnish, Nail Varnish, NAIL VARNISH. You get the picture.

I did not know that at all :O I'm gonna look into it now though :)
    Do you know what station it was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Volume on everything I use has to be set at a number that ends in '0' or '5'. Otherwise I'll get twitchy and won't be able to enjoy it half as much.

I wear disposable latex gloves (surgical kind) when I'm cooking, especially if there's meat involved.

I HAVE to shower at least twice daily. If I don't, I feel like I cannot function. The shower first thing in the morning is of vital importance. I won't leave the house unless I'm freshly showered and wearing clean, fresh underwear (as well as my normal clothes; this is AH after all). It's no joke. I will not do anything else in the day before I've showered. End of. Even if I wake up half an hour late for work, I will shower before I leave instead of tearing straight in.

When I'm playing poker, I never look at my hand until it is my turn to act. Ever.

Yankee Candles; there's always at least 4 of them in my apartment. 2 lighting and 2 spares. Love them.

I set a trip counter on my car every time I fill the tank to see how much I get out of a full tank and then decide which garages have the "better" fuel on average. (Hank Hill would be proud).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Symmetry.
    I feel very anxious when things are not at least somewhat symmetrical.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭V Eight

Women's nails.

women

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Stroking corduroy pants.. Its a nice material

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RealExpert

Im obsessed with a lot of things heres just two,aircraft is the main one and clean cutlery is another.If its not shining like a mirror then in my opinion its not clean enough.
    Sad I know but true

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

FiachDubh wrote: »
    Vultures & ravens (hence the username)
    I have an obsession with birds in general but its those two kinds that really get me going.
    Interesting fact: A raven is an extremely large songbird despite it being associated with a harsh croak.

Ravens like to kill new born lambs , another fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

When I load the dishwasher, I sort the cutlery in the cutlery basket, forks go together , knives go in another section of the basket, together... really irritates me when someone else loads the dishwasher, I usually unpack it and do it again before I run it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I hate stepping on the lines between tiles, always have to step on the middle of the tile haha, same thing with footpaths :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Stroking corduroy pants.. Its a nice material

Noooo silk is much nicer. You should try it sometime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

DazMarz wrote: »
    Volume on everything I use has to be set at a number that ends in '0' or '5'. Otherwise I'll get twitchy and won't be able to enjoy it half as much.

I HAVE to shower at least twice daily. If I don't, I feel like I cannot function. The shower first thing in the morning is of vital importance. I won't leave the house unless I'm freshly showered and wearing clean, fresh underwear (as well as my normal clothes; this is AH after all). It's no joke. I will not do anything else in the day before I've showered. End of. Even if I wake up half an hour late for work, I will shower before I leave instead of tearing straight in.

I set a trip counter on my car every time I fill the tank to see how much I get out of a full tank and then decide which garages have the "better" fuel on average. (Hank Hill would be proud).

I pretty much do these as well but i have to set the volume to number that is not a mulitple of multiple or 5 or an even number.

I only started to whole shower into he morning thing a few months ago but now i find it impossibly hard to leave the house without having one.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

I can't open a pack of tayto if the packets upside down.

(The blood will rush to Mr Taytos head)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Finding everyone comments interesting :) want know how many sim cards you think each network has?

Heard they get issued 100 new ones per month. They're not allowed to exceed 14,268 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Finding everyone comments interesting :) want know how many sim cards you think each network has?

Is this thread turning you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

well i dont order them and just leave at home only have 3 but i gave them to my mates who use meteor network now . be stupid just leaving them there be bad. i just enjoy ordering them :)

that is such a strange obsession! are you a numberphile? perhaps your strangeness would be better served studying maths :)

check out wolfram alpha...i just asked it 'how many mobile phone numbers are there..'

16P7CAk.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Coming from a architecture background anything I design needs to have perfect symmetry, like a Gothic church, if there's any curves or anything fancy I tend to not like it as much as something that doesn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

Symmetry and even numbers. Hate odd numbers and disjointedness. *shiver*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Was the whole point of this thread to see who was an*l enough to spot spelling mistake in thread title.....if so i WIN yeah go me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Mylina wrote: »
    When I load the dishwasher, I sort the cutlery in the cutlery basket, forks go together , knives go in another section of the basket, together... really irritates me when someone else loads the dishwasher, I usually unpack it and do it again before I run it...

I used to do this until someone told me that that's a bad idea because the cutlery is more likely to stick to each other then and therefore won't get cleaned properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

I looove building corners when they line up with other building corners. Like if you drew a line from the corner of one building to the corner of another, and if the line was in line with the wall of the building... It makes me happy..

:'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

Coming from a architecture background anything I design needs to have perfect symmetry, like a Gothic church, if there's any curves or anything fancy I tend to not like it as much as something that doesn't

just out of sheer curiousity id love to know what that was sposed to mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I spend hundreds of pounds sterling every year on a club who've been marooned in the English second tier for the last 14 years.

That's my only weird obsession.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

I count the numerals on car reg plates.. Looking for those ever elusive 6 numeral ones. Found a few too :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

Heard they get issued 100 new ones per month. They're not allowed to exceed 14,268 though.

Really i thought be way more than that a month . would that be for each store?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

I'm a wheel whore, and have like 5 sets of alloy wheels and the stupid thing is most of them dont even fit my car. I just think they're purdy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

- I can't leave the house without music like ipod or etc.. if I leave it I have to go back and get it or I won't leave without it.
    - I have to have plates aligned in order of size when putting them away or on the washing board like the smaller plates together than the medium size etc. and all the cutlery not mixed together.
    - I hate spelling words wrong and if I'm unsure of the spelling I have to google it to make sure I spell it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Chop Chop

- I can't leave the house without music like ipod or etc.. if I leave it I have to go back and get it or I won't leave without it.
    - I have to have plates aligned in order of size when putting them away or on the washing board like the smaller plates together than the medium size etc. and all the cutlery not mixed together.
    - I hate spelling words wrong and if I'm unsure of the spelling I have to google it to make sure I spell it right.

That's normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

I like names to be even so if I meet someone who is called "John Brown" for example, he will forever after be known in my head as "A John Brown" because then its 5 and 5.

If someone has two odd number names such as "Johny Collins" that's acceptable because I can add them and divide by two but if you have an even and an odd I will find it hard to like you. If I can find out your second and confirmation name and make it fit then I'll be happy.

Yes I know its weird, my friends know its weird and the ones with even names know I like them better than the ones with odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

When walking on a pavement, I modify my stride to account for the size of pavement blocks or cement breaks. For example, it needs to be 3 strides for every 4 breaks or something. I go for a middle ground between a solid pattern and what is comfortable.

The internet needs more people like you

Advertisement