Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if a bomb went off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

i was thinking of the number of guys they were looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

If a bomb went off near me, I would stay exactly where I was, the poor souls in Dublin 1974 ran in panic, straight into the second bomb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

13spanner wrote: »
    I'll be keeping clear of marathons for a while.
    I was really stunned when some guy on RTE Drivetime started saying "this is going to present massive security difficulties at the london marathon"

seriously?

i'm not sure what their point was, but i'm pretty sure these lads weren't making political statements about marathons like...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

really? a bomb goes off in Boston, and After Hours manages to twist it into yet another thinly veiled "Ireland sucks" thread.
    If there's one thing we do well it's an Inferiority complex. :P

shock horror.... an After Hours thread with another "thinly veiled" comment - why cant people say what they think instead of trying to claim the thread maker has an ulterior motive for making the thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 maithanfear

ruthloss wrote: »
    If a bomb went off near me, I would stay exactly where I was, the poor souls in Dublin 1974 ran in panic, straight into the second bomb.

u have the british state to thank for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

13spanner wrote: »
    I'll be keeping clear of marathons for a while.

Prob very wise, their Best Before Date must have been years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

I reckon our lads would be too busy making appearances appealing for information from the public to bother with an actual investigation process.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

cena wrote: »
    I mean a big bomb. I know the IRA have let bombs off in ireland

Oh, sorry, I must have imagined Omagh then and all the classmates of mine who were injured and/or lost relatives. In total, 29 people died and 220 people were injured. How do you not consider that a big bomb? Or does NI not count?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I mean a big bomb. I know the IRA have let bombs off in ireland
    Are you serious? The various major incidents in ireland were no lesser "big bombs" when compared to Boston.
    I not trying to belittle the recent tragedy, so please nobody twist it like that. I just find the notion that any bombing is not big. Especially when some attacks killed over 30 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the boston guys more or less gave themselves up??
    as in instead of keeping a low profile, they caused a scene that required cops

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

39 years and counting

amateur. if youre bomb fuse is that long youre doin it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

kfallon wrote: »
    Sure anytime a bomb went off in Ireland before those that planted it were usually kind enough to ring in to let us know they did it. No need for the Gardaí at all, at all!

In fact they were often sound enough to let us know beforehand where the bomb even was!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

u have the british state to thank for that

Could you expand on this, with links please.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's easy, the terrorists generally keep on their black and white hats.

gallag wrote: »
    Could you expand on this, with links please.

no arrests hence no link. The British Government wanted the south to clamp down on the IRA so they had the UVF explode bombs in the south.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

No link hence no arrests. The British Government wanted the south to clamp down on the IRA so they had the UVF explode bombs in the south.

Are you serious?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

mikom wrote: »
    Tommy Tiernan back when he was good said it best..........

"You could be in a pub in Dublin...a pub made of christmas trees and petrol...wedged in between a fireworks factory and a juvenile delinquents home...on halloween...and if the fire alarm went off, sure, you'd look for the fire. If you didn't see it, it didn't exist! If it kept going, you'd start to make jokes about it! "ha ha is that my phone?!"

Quite possibly the best thing Tommy Tiernan ever came up with !

And very true too.

Shame he went to shíte after that though.

Are you serious?

Ya my dad told me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Ya my dad told me

Ahh thats one of the best replies I have ever read here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Ya my dad told me
    Anyone wrote: »
    Ahh thats one of the best replies I have ever read here :D

Even better because of the username.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

If a bomb went off in Ireland say like what happened in Boston. How quick would the guards be to find who did it?

It just seem very fast that the f.b.i could find these guys in Boston.

Doubt they would ever catch the culprits, useless shower we have keeping law and order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Doubt they would ever catch the culprits, useless shower we have keeping law and order.

Yeah.
    Portlaoise filled itself.

Yeah.
    Portlaoise filled itself.
    they were a bit of a laughing stock back in those days though. Shergar, sophie de plantier..etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

"Garda, garda, a bomb went off!!!"

"Oh right so"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Nodin wrote: »

Also some informed opinion here http://irishfreedomcommittee.com/HISTORY/DublinMonaghan/dublin_monaghan_historybackground.htm

and if anyone really cares they could do worse than look up "Hidden Hand" an ITN Documentery that is still available online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Ya my dad told me

Thats good enough for me, ****ing brits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Lapin wrote: »
    Quite possibly the best thing Tommy Tiernan ever came up with !

And very true too.

Shame he went to shíte after that though.

Went to see him a while ago,he is definitely back on form, after a few bad years.

Went to see him a while ago,he is definitely back on form, after a few bad years.
    yeah i enjoyed it too, some of the fans seemed to be from his bad years though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,679 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Garda - 'Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless.'

Advertisement