Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would Clonmel support Community Radio?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I don't think anyone has, unless you count Aaron Burchael's new internet station, which seems to be doing quite well.

In my last post I said there would be lots of people interested in setting up a community radio station. There was a community station several years ago as far as I know. So you've a few people who were involved in that. Then there are some more involved with the hospital radio. And then there's a college full of Multimedia students who I'm sure would love to get involved.

What would you deem as "quiet well " with Aarons new internet station?.Listeners or advertising.Does he have many listeners,does he have many adverts? I haven't heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Queen of Pots

DT100 wrote: »
    What would you deem as "quiet well " with Aarons new internet station?

Tut Tut, DT100. I didn't say a 'quiet well'. I said 'quite well'. :D

Tut Tut, DT100. I didn't say a 'quiet well'. I said 'quite well'. :D

You are "quite right" Queen of pots:D

Maybe 2014 will see some move towards a community station for Clonmel?

Stella FM to hold public meeting
    Stella FM, your local community radio, is to hold a public meeting on May 9th at 7.30 in McKenna’s “The Yanks”, Main Street, Borrisokane. CRAOL (the forum for community radio in Ireland) and the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) will attend on the night and will give a brief talk on the advantages of having a community radio in your area. They will also give information on how a community radio station is run, who can get involved and what types of programmes can be made.
    Athlone Community Radio, who recently facilitated a training programme in the Borrisokane area, will also be there on the night to present training certificates to 20 volunteers who have recently completed a radio training programme which was supported by North Tipperary Leader. NTLP are also expected to attend to give information on the type of supports which they can give to existing and developing community groups.
    A large crowd is expected on the night as this will be both an informative and an entertaining evening. The meeting is open to everybody. Stella FM’s open door policy ensures that anybody who wishes to find out more about community radio will be made to feel very welcome. It is a not-for-profit organisation and the station will be owned and run by volunteers like “you”. So if you have an hour to spare and you are interested in radio or community development or maybe you might like to develop a very attractive skill set such as communications, audio editing, fundraising, marketing, administration, volunteer recruitment, programme production, presenting etc., why not come to this meeting. It is open to everybody from the young to the not so young. You will all be very welcome. We would love to hear what your ideas are for the radio. Hope you can make it.
    Contact us: stellafm@eircom.net   or like and share us on facebook: Stella FM

I thought Stella were to be on air last autumn,I wonder what is happening with the station?

• Advertisement

Would Clonmel be allowed have a community station,as the hospital radio has a licence to broadcast? A lot of towns have community stationds now,maybe Clonmel don't have any broadcasters left...I think Tipp Mid West should have the county licence,I would love to see that happen,as its a real station for the community...........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Would Clonmel be allowed have a community station,as the hospital radio has a licence to broadcast? A lot of towns have community stationds now,maybe Clonmel don't have any broadcasters left...I think Tipp Mid West should have the county licence,I would love to see that happen,as its a real station for the community...........

Tipperary has a new Senior Government Minister to represent them at the Cabinet table, why not ring his office and make an appointment to see him to discuss this with him at one of his clinics in Clonmel.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

Xenophile wrote: »
    Tipperary has a new Senior Government Minister to represent them at the Cabinet table, why not ring his office and make an appointment to see him to discuss this with him at one of his clinics in Clonmel.
    why don't you do so instead of trying to get other people to? Your postings make you sound like someone who would like to see changes in a lot of areas but do not want to be involved in making it happen or create waves. So you put the ideas into other peoples heads

Xenophile wrote: »

It would take an awful lot of money to set up.....Investors would be needed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

DT100 wrote: »
    It would take an awful lot of money to set up.....Investors would be needed...
    xenophile might contribute. it is his idea although he tries to get someone else to do the work in case it goes wrong. he obviously doesn' want to rock the boat.

• Advertisement

I am just wondering,if Clonmel had a community radio station,would it have reported on the big fire story,that wasn't reported on our "Local " radio station,because the news story happened on a weekend...I think its a great pity,that a town the size of Clonmel doesn't have a community radio,compared to the great station that is in Youghal..

Advertisement