Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would Clonmel support Community Radio?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Well the way things are with the so called local radio we have,the sooner the better.If there was a community station,they would have programmes and presenters when the could have,and if they had to close at a certain time,because of lack of content /presenters.Tipp FM is a disgrace with all the recorded programmes they have.Do people really think all the programmes are live?If the people do,thats a lie to the listeners.Sometimes at night,I imagine some poor person trying to contact the station,maybe late a t night,to have a song played..people who don't understand such things,people who think they can contact their station when its on air...but whats being played....A pre recorded show....we are given listenership figures,no figures for poor people living alone,who think Tipp FM are at the other end of the phone,just because they hear the sound on the radio:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

DT100 wrote: »
    Well the way things are with the so called local radio we have,the sooner the better.If there was a community station,they would have programmes and presenters when the could have,and if they had to close at a certain time,because of lack of content /presenters.Tipp FM is a disgrace with all the recorded programmes they have.Do people really think all the programmes are live?If the people do,thats a lie to the listeners.Sometimes at night,I imagine some poor person trying to contact the station,maybe late a t night,to have a song played..people who don't understand such things,people who think they can contact their station when its on air...but whats being played....A pre recorded show....we are given listenership figures,no figures for poor people living alone,who think Tipp FM are at the other end of the phone,just because they hear the sound on the radio:mad:
    what evidence do you have they are not live. ?

LoveCoke wrote: »

I listen..

I listen..
    and that is evidence? are they allowed do what you say if they do. why not find out if they are allowed do it

and that is evidence? are they allowed do what you say if they do. why not find out if they are allowed do it

Hey LoveCoke,I see some of your replies to posts and you look for evidence or source..I am not bloody CSI...I am giving an opinion that it is crap,pretending to be live.The argument if its allowed or not,doesnt come into it.You keep going on abot no news at the weekend....did you find out if that's allowed? did you do anything about it....I thought we were on the same side :D

• Advertisement

Hey LoveCoke,I see some of your replies to posts and you look for evidence or source..I am not bloody CSI...I am giving an opinion that it is crap,pretending to be live.The argument if its allowed or not,doesnt come into it.You keep going on abot no news at the weekend....did you find out if that's allowed? did you do anything about it....I thought we were on the same side :D
    Hey yourself My apologies i thought you were stating a fact rather than opinion when you said it is not live
    I see some of your replies to posts and you look for evidence or source..I am not bloody CSI
    not being smart but if you want to change anything you will need both. internet rants are fine but will not effect change
    I thought we were on the same side
    we are :D i just think if you are upset re the not liveness you should do something to find out if it is allowed

Yes someone will make investigation about news

Well when I answered "listen " to one of your posts....Recorded/voice tracked shows lack time checks and text/requests....If you llisten to the late lounge,the same presenter is on at 4.30 each day...the show has no requests,which you would expect from a show at that time of night,plus no time checks,and some times a silence for many hours when things go wrong.While I answered your post with one word "Listen " it wasn't meant as a smart answer:D

Well when I answered "listen " to one of your posts....Recorded/voice tracked shows lack time checks and text/requests....If you llisten to the late lounge,the same presenter is on at 4.30 each day...the show has no requests,which you would expect from a show at that time of night,plus no time checks,and some times a silence for many hours when things go wrong.While I answered your post with one word "Listen " it wasn't meant as a smart answer:D
    good points but maybe they are allowed do voice tracked shows. i do not know if they are or not

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Going back to the original topic.....hopefully someone will start up a venture soon, was listening to Tipp FM late last night(working late) and was definitely recorded I would say......average age range of listeners to the station must be old enough?

Brgds
    Johnny

Tipp fm pretty sad today on tipp today. woman spends half the time reading from the papers trying to copy says in the papers from rte but two hours too late

• Advertisement

good points but maybe they are allowed do voice tracked shows. i do not know if they are or not

I don't think voice tracking is a problem as a lot of stations do it,but it probably wasn't in the pitch to gain the licence,as it wasn't in the pitch of any of the other stations either.Maybe they should do what some of the pirates did years ago,and close at midnight.The shuffle on an mp3 player is as good as most of the overnight stations these,come to think of it,better duribg the day as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

It is really easy to tell when a show is pre-recorded - there is no FB, calls, texts, Twitter or any interaction with the public. It is really obvious when you hear a DJ not interacting with the listeners at all.

Some shows are harder to pick out though.

I don't think voice tracking is a problem as a lot of stations do it,but it probably wasn't in the pitch to gain the licence,as it wasn't in the pitch of any of the other stations either.Maybe they should do what some of the pirates did years ago,and close at midnight.The shuffle on an mp3 player is as good as most of the overnight stations these,come to think of it,better duribg the day as well.
    maybe different in recession. Why not ask the bai are they allowed do voice tracking?

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    It is really easy to tell when a show is pre-recorded - there is no FB, calls, texts, Twitter or any interaction with the public. It is really obvious when you hear a DJ not interacting with the listeners at all.

Some shows are harder to pick out though.
    It is really easy to tell when a show is pre-recorded
    Some shows are harder to pick out though
    ??

??

It depends how good the person doing the voice tracking etc is.

To have a community radio in clonmel,you would need people with the same passion and drive for radio,as the the clonmel festival/busking people had.

The way things are Tipp FM now,it might be a good time to get like minded people together.

Well if a community radio station was set up,there wouldn't be a problem getting staff,with all that have left Tipp FM in recent times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

Well if a community radio station was set up,there wouldn't be a problem getting staff,with all that have left Tipp FM in recent times.

Not a big Tipp FM listener but do tune in every now and again, more over when passing through Co Tipp. Who has gone and where and who has replaced them.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

Tipp Today is pathetic with the sport obsesion and the spots by therapists slimmers and the nursing home reps all seeking free publicity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

alyssum wrote: »
    Tipp Today is pathetic with the sport obsesion and the spots by therapists slimmers and the nursing home reps all seeking free publicity

You can move that dial you know ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Queen of Pots

To have a community radio in clonmel,you would need people with the same passion and drive for radio,as the the clonmel festival/busking people had.

There are loads of people in Clonmel who would be interested in a community radio station. Absolutely loads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Big Tanya

There are loads of people in Clonmel who would be interested in a community radio station. Absolutely loads. :)

Hi Queen of pots. It would be nice to have a choice.
    Competition is always good. For the moment, I havent listened to community radio clonmel, or whatever its called,.

When is this station starting ? or where is it on the frequency list ?

You can move that dial you know ;-)
    that is hardly relevant, the station is crap and getting worse. they have these businesses doing spot which are free ads

that is hardly relevant, the station is crap and getting worse. they have these businesses doing spot which are free ads

What's your big concern why not tune into a station you enjoy listening to.

What's your big concern why not tune into a station you enjoy listening to.
    they should bot have these people on getting free advertising. and not everyone is a sport obsessed

they should bot have these people on getting free advertising. and not everyone is a sport obsessed

The point Im making is if you don't enjoy the content of the programme why listen to it. I've just realized this isn't even the tipp fm thread sorry everyone for taking it off topic.

The point Im making is if you don't enjoy the content of the programme why listen to it. I've just realized this isn't even the tipp fm thread sorry everyone for taking it off topic.
    And my point is they shouldhave content for all notsport obsessed. oops! me too:eek: sorry for going ot

Big Tanya wrote: »
    Hi Queen of pots. It would be nice to have a choice.
    Competition is always good. For the moment, I havent listened to community radio clonmel, or whatever its called,.

When is this station starting ? or where is it on the frequency list ?

I didn't know a new station was started.Who is on it? Where can I find it on the radio?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Queen of Pots

I didn't know a new station was started.Who is on it? Where can I find it on the radio?

I don't think anyone has, unless you count Aaron Burchael's new internet station, which seems to be doing quite well.

In my last post I said there would be lots of people interested in setting up a community radio station. There was a community station several years ago as far as I know. So you've a few people who were involved in that. Then there are some more involved with the hospital radio. And then there's a college full of Multimedia students who I'm sure would love to get involved.

Advertisement