Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanic

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

kneemos wrote: »
    There are three simple ways that all the passengers could have been saved...anybody know.Answers in twenty minutes.

Don't know... Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SunKing

If the Captain had gone to specsavers
    If global warming came earlier
    If the ship had taken the scenic route

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

If the captain had a massive flamethrower to melt the iceberg.

If there had been a gigantic robot to lift the iceberg with its massive hands.

If the ship had been fitted with massive legs it could have just stepped over the iceberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Reverse the engines after impact

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

paddy147 wrote: »
    Dont worry Titanic 2 will be along in 2017.

It will be a genuine "authentic experience"........... according to the man behind the project.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-21657201

Lots of rich fat yanks wanting to buy tickets for it allready.

already out

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640571/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

danniemcq wrote: »

What happens in Titanic 2 if the bloody thing sank in the first one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

There's also this version, if it takes your fancy. The dance remix of My Heart Will Go On.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Any hope of this thread hitting some sort of iceberg and sinking without trace with the loss of all lives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

A rich American is building a replica of the Titanic, it's not a sequel to the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

There are three simple ways that all the passengers could have been saved...anybody know.

One, They might have accelerated towards the berg and aimed to hit it 'dead centre' thus splitting it in half. The Titanic could have then carried on as if nothing had happened, and all the crew and passengers would be fine.

Two, after hitting the berg the Captain should have put her into reverse gear and accelerated away (in reverse) thus slowing the water getting into the massive gash at the bow, this would then buy the ship a few hours until the Carpathia arrived to save everyone.

Three, if the Titanic had been fitted with maritime airbags on the bow (front) this would have lessened the impact, and saved everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Global warming. Only need one, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

LordSutch wrote: »
    One, They might have accelerated towards the berg and aimed to hit it 'dead centre' thus splitting it in half. The Titanic could have then carried on as if nothing had happened, and all the crew and passengers would be fine.

Two, after hitting the berg the Captain should have put her into reverse gear and accelerated away (in reverse) thus slowing the water getting into the massive gash at the bow, this would then buy the ship a few hours until the Carpathia arrived to save everyone.

Three, if the Titanic had been fitted with maritime airbags on the bow (front) this would have lessened the impact, and saved everyone.

None of those options are even remotely linked to reality. Though I've only crossed the Atlantic a number of times, having been at sea as a deck officer nigh on eight years, so what would i know

Sorry LiamoSail, I should have signed off with a smiley, this is not a serious thread :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

LiamoSail wrote: »
    None of those options are even remotely linked to reality. Though I've only crossed the Atlantic a number of times, having been at sea as a deck officer nigh on eight years, so what would i know

You're taking offence at that but you're completely ok with the guy who wanted to build a bridge from a sinking ship to an iceberg?

orestes wrote: »
    You're taking offence at that but you're completely ok with the guy who wanted to build a bridge from a sinking ship to an iceberg?

What's wrong with that?

Its a rediculous idea, that's whats wrong!

If you built a bridge from the Titanic to the iceberg, whats to stop the bridge slipping off?

Icebergs are slippy you know, and anyway, the passengers would be very cold just sitting there on the berg :rolleyes:

LordSutch wrote: »
    Its a rediculous idea, that's whats wrong!

If you built a bridge from the Titanic to the iceberg, whats to stop the bridge slipping off?

Icebergs are slippy you know, and anyway, the passengers would be very cold just sitting there on the berg :rolleyes:

Cold?they're going to drown ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Can someone explain to me why 'Jack' didn't just climb on top of the fat girl "Rose' and float away happily ever after ?

Surely there was enough room for the two of them on that piano case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Can someone explain to me why 'Jack' didn't just climb on top of the fat girl "Rose' and float away happily ever after ?

Yup mythbusters even did a show on it and apparently they both would have been fine on it, jack was apparently a moron or rose just a selfish bitch

I'm not sure that you can automatically assume that fat people float!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

VinLieger wrote: »
    Yup mythbusters even did a show on it and apparently they both would have been fine on it, jack was apparently a moron or rose just a selfish bitch

I'm I speak for everyone when I say I was glad when the cun t drowned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

A bunch of trained penguins (who mysteriously migrated from the south pole) should've strapped ropes to the iceberg and towed it out of the way.

Or else they could've got Bruce Willis to lead a team of miners to plant a bomb and blow it in half so that the Titanic could travel between it, unscathed.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

In 50 years time this thread will be discovered by someone who just bought a second hand time machine on ebay. Being a kindly soul, they’ll decide to go back in time to that fateful night and avert the disaster.

However:

If there was no disaster, then this thread won’t exist.
    If there is no thread, then no one in the future will read it and travel back in time to avert the disaster.
    Which means the disaster will happen.
    So this thread will be created.
    Which means someone in the future will use their new Apple iTimeTravel to go back and avert the disaster.
    Which means this thread won’t exist.
    Which means the disaster will happen.
    Which means…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

orestes wrote: »

Taking offence? I stated something was impossible. That doesn't mean I took offence

As for the bridge, I didn't see that. I only really read the last page of the thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

So the answer was to build a bridge and shift 2500 people onto the jaggy ice mountain of death floating in the sea.

Ffs op, ffs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement