Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winds this Evening/Overnight gusting to 130km/hr in parts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭tomcosgrave

Wife was on EI179 - said it was horrible. No notice in airport of the diversion that they had - they have ended up in Glasgow - Cork and Shannon too windy, Belfast is closed for runway maintenance so the only option was Glasgow - there for the night and back in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

2 missed approaches as Dublin Airport, say they might shut up shop for the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

you listening to dublin airport on scanners or via internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

I see some Dublin bound flights heading cross channel to land there. Shannon was able to take diversions during the high winds due that it's runway runs from south west to north east. Crosswinds is not an issue there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The gust seem to be picking up again here in Cork City they were a little gentler for a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

internet was listening to cork and shannon, dublin is down http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=ork,
    enter einn for shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

2 more ryanair flights coming from bristol and heathrow, will be interesting to see how they get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

2 more ryanair flights coming from bristol and heathrow, will be interesting to see how they get on.
    1 Ryanair and 1 B.A. Cant see them landing surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Unless I'm mistaken, the wind seems to have tapered off just a little in the past while. They might make a run or two each and head to their alternate if there's no joy

Edit: looks like the BA one is going to give it a go....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Strongest winds where I am in Co. Waterford for a few yrs. Electricity gone for a couple of hrs and some tiles off the roof. Anyone know a good roof repairer ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

After a fairly quite evening in Castlebar winds have now picked up along with some squally showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

shamwari wrote: »
    Unless I'm mistaken, the wind seems to have tapered off just a little in the past while. They might make a run or two each and head to their alternate if there's no joy

Edit: looks like the BA one is going to give it a go....

BA flight missed and is heading north, possibly to Glasgow

Flight from Barcelona is having a go. A cargo flight just took off as well, so maybe there's a chance?

No, the flight from Barcelona has aborted the landing.

Looks like the Barcelona flight is headed north for Belfast or Glasgow.
    Looks like two Ryanair flights are coming over from Shannon amazingly enough! Are they going to attempt to land or are they heading to the UK?

Anyway, last post for the night, the wind is really shocking here and I am not far from the airport - reckon they won't land.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

the wind in tramore is just shocking, the tramore weather cam sensor must be broken because it not picking up the gusts. Was listening to a banging gate for a while until the massive bang and now its gone! there was some flying slates down the middle of the town this evening also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Holy ****. Serious wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Looking at the cockpit view(if its reliable) the Ryanair flight trying to land in Dublin(RYR31ZQ) is being thrown all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

And its aborted landing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

I know people need to get to places but why would they take that risk? It's to die down in a few hours right?

Half the contents of my balcony are smashed up as I type :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

few bangs out there now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Few bangs here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭robclay26

West of trim here and the wind is unreal with the showers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Wind seems to be coming from a north west direction here now. So on the back edge of it. Still gusty at times but nothing major at all like it was early evening. Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

top trumps for North Dublin from the 01:00 met.ie reports

DUBLIN AIRPORT SW 35 Gust 53

Pretty sheltered here behind the mountains but some nasty gusts are getting down.

Was up around 500m this evening, very nearly got blown over by the wind a few times which is no mean feat. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Window flower box blown off. Unreal, thats a pretty heavy box ,I would have thought it was pretty much an immovable object :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Never heard wind like I did last night in my life, 157m above sea level, Dublin. It freaked me out & didn't sleep a wink! The noise of it was just mind blowing & then the rain later on smashing against the window just added to it all later on in the night. Sunday & Tuesday nights were just warm ups...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Was an interesting night last night browsing this forum. I'm right under the flight path for winds in that direction and as people were posting about such and such a flight making an attempt and aborting I was listening to the whine of the engines making the approach overhead and a minute later the increase in power as it aborted, not sure how many in the haze of sleepiness and manic wind noise but I heard at least 3 attempts to come in.

Advertisement