Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why isn't there a GAA game for Xbox/Ps3?

Options
  • 16-04-2013 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Why haven't EA or some other big developers decided to make a decent Gaa game for the Ps3/Xbox. Isthere any chance of a new one coming out,In fairness the Hurling and Football games were the best sellers in 06.

Surely the demand for a good sport's game would go further than die hard Gaa fans.I know i've played games like Madden and NHL over the years and wouldn't have any interest in the sport.

It would also help the GAA grow.The amount of people in the states and other countries that are amazed when they see clips of hurling on youtube for the first time is surprising.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

There is

Ye didn't look too hard tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

SamHall wrote: »
    There is

Ye didn't look too hard tbh.

There isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

i remember the old one on the PS2....god it was horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Not a big enough market I'd say. The GAA games released for PS2 weren't great imo, the gameplay was poor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

As well as long not looking hard enough for the game, you also didn't look hard enough for the right forum to ask in.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

The potential market is too small i'd imagine. While the games would sell well here they probably wouldn't sell many outside of ireland. Feck all money to be made!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yurt wrote: »
    Why haven't EA or some other big developers decided to make a decent Gaa game for the Ps3/Xbox. Isthere any chance of a new one coming out,In fairness the Hurling and Football games were the best sellers in 06.

I would bet a serious amount of money that this isn't true.

If you meant "in Ireland", i'd be pretty sure that's not true either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Thwip! wrote: »
    i remember the old one on the PS2....god it was horrendous

Yeah, sorry op that's the one I was thinking off too.

Ps2........

Sorry can't help.

Not a big enough market I'd say. The GAA games released for PS2 weren't great imo, the gameplay was poor.

Exactly.It was a terrible game made by amateurs and it still went on to be the best selling game of the year.

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I would bet a serious amount of money that this isn't true.

If you meant "in Ireland", i'd be pretty sure that's not true either!

Ya i do mean in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Exactly.It was a terrible game made by amateurs and it still went on to be the best selling game of the year.

best selling game of the year? really now?

Ya i do mean in Ireland

Any links or proof to show it was the biggest selling game of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

There was one out. I remember seeing it and looking at the Graphics and seeing clips for it and thinking it was shocking. Think it was a bit of a flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Hahaha the commentators at halftime..."now the players are going in for a cup of tea and a banana!"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

There definitely was. Except, ultimately, it was so shockingly bad that it just didn't survive.

That was for the PS2 though

May have even made a second one for either the PS2 or PS3.

If they did, that was also horrifically bad.

After that they just gave up, and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The developers couldn't get realistic images of the crowd eating ham sandwiches with O'neill's Jerseys that are 15 years older than the current team ones whilst being 2 sizes too small...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

You see define best selling game of the year in Ireland? 25,000 being really kind? There just isn't the market OP. I know there's other niche sports games being sold here like Madden or NHL live or whatever but they aren't made for with the Irish market in mind. Outside of Ireland the game would sell fook all and wouldn't break even I would imagine

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

There'd be practically no market outside of Ireland, wouldn't be worth a big developer's time to bother.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Hey, why dont you make one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

There was 2 on the PS2

Both were utter horsesh1t though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

This is why. Gameplay was atrocious.

TBH there isn't the market here to fund any sort of meaningful development.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Any links or proof to show it was the biggest selling game of the year?

It was in the top 5 anyway, I worked in HMV when it was released, we sold out of it a few times and then got stuck with a rake of them after christmas when people realised how appallingly bad it was and returned it. :pac:

Aha, found it: http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p%2Fsoftware%2Fire%2Farchive%2Findex_test.jsp&ct=210005&arch=t&lyr=2005&year=2005&week=50

outsold Call of Duty 2, WWE Smackdown and Pro Evo n the run up to Christmas that year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Scylla wrote: »
    There was 2 on the PS2

Both were utter horsesh1t though.

There was a hurling game too. There is no force of gods or man that could make me ever even consider playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

krudler wrote: »
    It was in the top 5 anyway, I worked in HMV when it was released, we sold out of it a few times and then got stuck with a rake of them after christmas when people realised how appallingly bad it was and returned it. :pac:

Bwahahaha, yeah.

I worked in a video game store at the time. Sold like mad for about two weeks, and then you could almost hear the whole city scream "JESUS CHRIST THIS IS AWFUL!" simultaneously.

We got so many traded back in that we had to stop taking them.

In fact, we had a playstation bundle that came with a copy, and even at a tenner cheaper than the regular one, we still couldn't sell it. In effect, we literally couldn't pay people to take it.

mfceiling wrote: »
    The developers couldn't get realistic images of the crowd eating ham sandwiches with O'neill's Jerseys that are 15 years older than the current team ones whilst being 2 sizes too small...

Don't you mean hang sandwiches and not ham sandwiches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did they have the fella with John 3:7?

Jimoslimos wrote: »

This is why. Gameplay was atrocious.

TBH there isn't the market here to fund any sort of meaningful development.

Oh please make it stop, make it stopppppp

krudler wrote: »

Aha, found it: http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p%2Fsoftware%2Fire%2Farchive%2Findex_test.jsp&ct=210005&arch=t&lyr=2005&year=2005&week=50

outsold Call of Duty 2, WWE Smackdown and Pro Evo n the run up to Christmas that year.

Top 5 I bet, but for some reason all I could think was "Sold more than Fifa? Get the f*ck!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Bwahahaha, yeah.

I worked in a video game store at the time. Sold like mad for about two weeks, and then you could almost hear the whole city scream "JESUS CHRIST THIS IS AWFUL!" simultaneously.

We got so many traded back in that we had to stop taking them.

In fact, we had a playstation bundle that came with a copy, and even at a tenner cheaper than the regular one, we still couldn't sell it. In effect, we literally couldn't pay people to take it.

Haaa, I remember that, it was an official GAA bundle and it was cheaper than buying just the normal ps2 on its own, and people would rather pay more and get the standard blue boxed ps2 than the one with the GAA logo plastered all over it.

Advertisement