Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends comeback ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I didn't like the whole Joey/Rachel thing. Also I hate Mike! Much prefer David.

If you don't laugh at Unagi there's something wrong with you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aSligoDub

phasers wrote: »
    official friends power rankings:

Ross
    Chandler
    Monica
    Joey
    Rachel
    Phoebe
    Chandler
    Monica
    Rachel
    Ross
    Phoebe/Joey tied last

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

you guys are all crazy, Ross Geller was one of the greatest comedy characters of all time.

I agree. The first few seasons, Chandler was the funniest guy, but then half-way through, Ross became this neurotic, childish, rage-filled ball of funniness.

I thought David Schwimmer's portrayal of Ross was pure comedy genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Could be good. I think seeing a washed out Matthew Perry playing Chandler will just depress me though.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Stark wrote: »
    Could be good. I think seeing a washed out Matthew Perry playing Chandler will just depress me though.

You can see him play Chandler in many of the other shows he's been in since :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

miralize wrote: »
    You can see him play Chandler in many of the other shows he's been in since :)

A slightly harsh remark there, IMHO. :o

While most of the characters he has played since aren't that much different to Chandler, surely the difference between Rachel and almost all the characters that Jen has played since is even less?

A slightly harsh remark there, IMHO. :o

While most of the characters he has played since aren't that much different to Chandler, surely the difference between Rachel and almost all the characters that Jen has played since is even less?

True, its a bit harsh. I quite enjoy Go On too. But you cant see that the mannerisms that he had with Chandler just carries onto the shows later on.

Good point about Aniston, she was really good in Horrible Bosses though, especially playing someone else totally different

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

True, its a bit harsh. I quite enjoy Go On too. But you cant see that the mannerisms that he had with Chandler just carries onto the shows later on.

Good point about Aniston, she was really good in Horrible Bosses though, especially playing someone else totally different

I know what you mean, Matthew Perry in Scrubs acted exactly like Chandler...but Matthew Perry IS Chandler!! If you ever watch bloopers of Friends, he's acts exactly like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Greyfox

With all my heart I hope theirs never a comeback, friends is one of the best shows ever but the good memories so many people have of the show is been destroyed by syndication, any comeback is flogging a dead horse, theirs nowhere else to go with the series, it should of been allowed to die years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I know what you mean, Matthew Perry in Scrubs acted exactly like Chandler...but Matthew Perry IS Chandler!! If you ever watch bloopers of Friends, he's acts exactly like him.
    i didnt think he acted chandlerly in studio 60, or the west wing, he was great in The Ron Clark Story film, the problem is that people only see him as chandler and if thats what will pay the bills then so be it, go on has been a fairly good show so far, its not spectacular but its an enjoyable 20 mins each week that i look forward to,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Lots of people like to get snotty over Friends. As far as sitcoms go, the first couple of seasons are as good as anything else in the genre.

Started going down hill after Monica and Chandler got together, and the final couple of season are awful. Happens most shows that overstay their welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

The best episodes of Friends are better by a thousand miles than the best episodes of any other situation-comedy, even Seinfeld and Frasier. I'd even go so far as to say the best episodes are better than Arrested Development. That's why it lasted so long and was as popular as it was.

catallus wrote: »
    The best episodes of Friends are better by a thousand miles than the best episodes of any other situation-comedy, even Seinfeld and Frasier. I'd even go so far as to say the best episodes are better than Arrested Development. That's why it lasted so long and was as popular as it was.

You've made a huge mistake.

Ok, maybe you're right, in fairness comparing the two is ludicrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The best episodes of Friends are better by a thousand miles than the best episodes of any other situation-comedy, even Seinfeld and Frasier.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy there. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭coL

Does anybody else remember a rumour that went around at the time of the series finale that after they filmed the last episode they also filmed two episodes which were set a few years later and were to be shown as reunion episodes?

The logic for this being that they would have two "reunion" episodes already filmed and ready for future auring while the cast was still under contract.

Have looked online but can't find any info on this. Did I imagine it???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

coL wrote: »
    Does anybody else remember a rumour that went around at the time of the series finale that after they filmed the last episode they also filmed two episodes which were set a few years later and were to be shown as reunion episodes?

The logic for this being that they would have two "reunion" episodes already filmed and ready for future auring while the cast was still under contract.

Have looked online but can't find any info on this. Did I imagine it???

Might be an obvious age differance at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

el dude wrote: »
    You've made a huge mistake.

2 actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm not a huge fan of Seinfeld and I think Friends is miles better than it as well.

The 90s were such a good time for network sitcoms though. There will never be another time when so many brilliant comedies are on the air at the same time imo

I'm not a huge fan of Seinfeld and I think Friends is miles better than it as well.

The 90s were such a good time for network sitcoms though. There will never be another time when so many brilliant comedies are on the air at the same time imo

I'm not a Seinfeld fan either but :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm not a Seinfeld fan either but :confused::confused::confused:
    Seinfeld isn't funny to me, Friends is. What are you not getting?

Also Jerry Seinfeld is a really awful actor.

Seinfeld isn't funny to me, Friends is. What are you not getting?

Also Jerry Seinfeld is a really awful actor.

No I get it, its just how you phrased it. It was a bit obvious...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Not a Seinfeld fan either but better than Arrested Development!? Come on..

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

mfceiling wrote: »
    2 actually.

Subjective. Personally think Seinfeld is a bit overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I'd rate Frasier above the lot of them (until Niles and Daphne get together then meh). Thats just the old Cheers fan in me though. Friends was funny enough first time around but doesn't bear repeat viewing.

PS. I also can't tolerate Seinfeld, one of the worst attempts at comedy I've ever tried watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Seinfeld beats them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

this could go on for a while:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'd rate Frasier above the lot of them (until Niles and Daphne get together then meh). Thats just the old Cheers fan in me though. Friends was funny enough first time around but doesn't bear repeat viewing.

PS. I also can't tolerate Seinfeld, one of the worst attempts at comedy I've ever tried watching.

It does though. Any episode from seasons 1-4.....ANY of them will have me laughing out loud. And I know them by heart. It's the same with the simpsons 2-9.

Funny is still funny the 100th times you hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

What's notable about Seinfeld is that the humor was slightly selective and didn't seem like it would appeal to the mass audience and yet it outperformed all other sitcoms during its run.

I'm not a huge fan of it. Probably because it wasn't as big in Europe and it's never in syndication on any of the Sky channels so I'm not as exposed to it the same way as Friends. Right now, Friends is more than likely being broadcast on Comedy Central. And if not now, the next hour or two for definite.

I've seen most of the classics though. The Soup Nazi episode for example is very good.

To me, Friends is my childhood, but Fraiser is by far the better sitcom. The writing is too good not to be.

• Advertisement

It's on SkyAtlantic right now.

Advertisement