Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Don't Believe This. Just For Men

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Arrgggg, I got a phone call a while ago and was told i wasn't successful this time but they would keep me on record for when another vacancy comes up :(. My nerves were gone waiting but no biggy, i'll get over it.

With me in panic stations at the time i have to laugh at myself over it all as it was one of those nightmare days. Maybe i'll have better luck next time :o.

Time to drown my sorrows now.

It was definitely the hair. Which is a good thing because, it means you will get the next job :P

sorry about the job OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I hope you didn't try all those suggestions to take the dye of your skin. I think that's what happened that Michael Jackson lad a few years back. Used the wrong colour hair dye, then after applying a mixture of toothpaste, baking soda, lemon juice, piss and washing up liquid he woke up white, half his nose missing and had a penchant to fiddle with kids and monkeys.

At least you'll have an answer to future interview questions like "What was you biggest challenge?".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

Whats a shmig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

why did you wait until the morning of your interview to be dying your hair????? :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

zenno wrote: »
    What good is a product if it changes your skin colour ? i'm scrubbing the life out of my skin but can't get rid of the black inky stuff.

Blackface?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lovesfatgirls

did you take pictures op?
    LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

reminds me of an interview I done years ago. Was leaving my current job and I banged my head of the corner of a machine.

Rushed to casualty and got stitches and a big bandage on the head.

Like to OP I thought this is it, this wont go down well at the interview.

Go in for the interview and the interviewer had a equally big bandage on his head.

Spent a couple of minutes discussing the pain of getting stitches in the scalp.

He had got a slap of a hurley on the head at a match on the previous day.

Anyway got the job and it was my entry into a career in IT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

It was definitely the hair.

I'm with whoopsadaisydoodles on that one! Probably didn't help that you would have been feeling very self conscious throughout. Best of luck with any other interviews... :)
    dingding wrote: »
    reminds me of an interview I done years ago. Was leaving my current job and I banged my head of the corner of a machine.

Rushed to casualty and got stitches and a big bandage on the head.

Like to OP I thought this is it, this wont go down well at the interview.

Go in for the interview and the interviewer had a equally big bandage on his head.

Spent a couple of minutes discussing the pain of getting stitches in the scalp.

He had got a slap of a hurley on the head at a match on the previous day.

Anyway got the job and it was my entry into a career in IT.

I turned up to an interview a few years back wearing jeans and the guy had the nerve to criticize me over it. I mean it was a minimum wage job in chart busters. Didn't get the job but not a single fcuk was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

becost wrote: »
    I'm with whoopsadaisydoodles on that one! Probably didn't help that you would have been feeling very self conscious throughout. Best of luck with any other interviews... :)

I turned up to an interview a few years back wearing jeans and the guy had the nerve to criticize me over it. I mean it was a minimum wage job in chart busters. Didn't get the job but not a single fcuk was given.

I'd say it was you're attitude he didn't like,if you're interested.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

kneemos wrote: »
    I'd say it was you're attitude he didn't like,if you're interested.

Nah, not really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job OP. also sorry to say Ive been reading this thread with tears of laughter in my eyes; you poor fella!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Grey hair is sexy on a man, I don't know why they would want to dye it.

Great thread OP, wish you had posted pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

becost wrote: »
    I'm 100% serious when I say the best way to remove this is to pee on a cloth and lightly dab the areas stained with dye for a few minutes. The main active ingredient of hair dyes (phenylenediamine) is broken down by hydrogen peroxide which is a sterile liquid by-product of the body secreted by the kidneys and passed in the urine.

Basically you're saying "blast it with piss"??

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ConstantLove

Try vinegar :) if this doesn't works try some cream and soap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

Twasn't the hair - twas the nails!

For future reference, only leave dye on for the right length of time. Don't overdo it. And, have a bottle of facial cleanser to hand. It is super for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

For future reference wear a wig.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

Washing up liquid mixed with baking soda or dandruff shampoo like head and shoulders, they strip the colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Grey hair is sexy on a man, I don't know why they would want to dye it.

Great thread OP, wish you had posted pics!

It was bad enough with what happened, No way was i uploading pics :D sure i hadn't any time to as i was running around in a panic trying to scrub everything off.

The closest it looked was like that guys hair on the video on the previous page, Soul Glo :). I can laugh about it now but i was all over the place trying to sort it out. I'll never live it down as my mates are getting them in bigtime now.

Advertisement