Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Don't Believe This. Just For Men

Options
  • 14-04-2013 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

There i was looking at my hair, but my hair is gone grey so i decided to try this product out called just for men and after rubbing it through my hair vigorously my whole face and neck is black after using it and i can't clean it off.

What good is a product if it changes your skin colour ? i'm scrubbing the life out of my skin but can't get rid of the black inky stuff.

Any suggestions as i have to leave very soon to meet a person for an interview. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Bleach or white ceiling paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

mfceiling wrote: »
    Bleach or white ceiling paint.
    Harsh chemicals can damage your skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Toothpaste on a baby wipe and rub vigorously.

Next time rub Vaseline around your hairline.

Good luck with the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Leave it there!
    If you don't get the job, you can sue for racial discrimination!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

White gloves, straw boater and start singing Mammy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

smcgiff wrote: »
    Toothpaste on a baby wipe and rub vigorously.

Next time rub Vaseline around your hairline.

Good luck with the interview

Damn, if i only knew this before i put it on. Definitely a bad hair day indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Go back in time, and put some Vaseline around your hairline and neck before using the dye. Will stop it colouring your skin.

Or maybe try lemon juice? Or bread soda? Both seem to be the common household remedy for just about everything ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

zenno wrote: »
    There i was looking at my hair, but my hair is gone grey so i decided to try this product out called just for men and after rubbing it through my hair vigorously my whole face and neck is black after using it and i can't clean it off.

What good is a product if it changes your skin colour ? i'm scrubbing the life out of my skin but can't get rid of the black inky stuff.

Any suggestions as i have to leave very soon to meet a person for an interview. :(
    Go to the dole office-claim to be an immigrant -chaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Rub a bit of vinegar on it. After you post the pics of your dirty looking head of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Go back in time, and put some Vaseline around your hairline and neck before using the dye. Will stop it colouring your skin.

Or maybe try lemon juice? Or bread soda? Both seem to be the common household remedy for just about everything ...

I hear spunk is great. But you need loads. So the OP had better get his friends over.

• Advertisement

What a disaster. I can't get it off, ah well, i will just have to deal with it, and it came out the wrong colour as well. Now my neck and face is gone red, multi-coloured i am now, i should have stayed in bed. :mad:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Get a turban. Or a burka. By the way, did you do a patch test before you used it?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/07/reddit-hair-dye-reaction_n_2638666.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

What a disaster. I can't get it off, ah well, i will just have to deal with it, and it came out the wrong colour as well. Now my neck and face is gone red, multi-coloured i am now, i should have stayed in bed. :mad:

Brush hair forward, wear high collar shirt - invent new look and make millions in the fashion industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Go all Kirk Lazarus on them

Right, i got a good bit of it off there using toothpaste and a scrubbing brush so not as bad as it was, but theres still a few patches around.

I'm not allergic to this crazy die stuff so i'm grand there. Here we go, combing this curly hair of the wrong colour now and it 's looking good. :). Time to use my craftiness and get payed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

No matter what it says in the ads, most people can spot a man dyeing his hair from a mile away. Put this one down to experience and grow grey gracefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Right, i got a good bit of it off there using toothpaste and a scrubbing brush so not as bad as it was, but theres still a few patches around.

I'm not allergic to this crazy die stuff so i'm grand there. Here we go, combing this curly hair of the wrong colour now and it 's looking good. :). Time to use my craftiness and get payed.

What have you done to get payed for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

I'm 100% serious when I say the best way to remove this is to pee on a cloth and lightly dab the areas stained with dye for a few minutes. The main active ingredient of hair dyes (phenylenediamine) is broken down by hydrogen peroxide which is a sterile liquid by-product of the body secreted by the kidneys and passed in the urine.

No matter what it says in the ads, most people can spot a man dyeing his hair from a mile away. Put this one down to experience and grow grey gracefully.

I think you are right, i won't be using this crazy stuff again that's for sure.

I Got the colour wrong as my hair is black now and my shmig is brown and grey as well as the eyebrows so it looks way out of place. Ah sure it was an experiment, that went arseways.

kneemos wrote: »
    What have you done to get payed for?

I can't tell you that :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I can't tell you that :P

You do say.

I think you are right, i won't be using this crazy stuff again that's for sure.

I Got the colour wrong as my hair is black now and my shmig is brown and grey as well as the eyebrows so it looks way out of place. Ah sure it was an experiment, that went arseways.

Sounds like you left it on too long. Maximum of 5 minutes. I've left it on for longer myself a few times and had the same issues as you. Either that or you got the wrong shade. Worst thing when this happens is that it's so obvious and it takes weeks for the color to fade again!

becost wrote: »
    Sounds like you left it on too long. Maximum of 5 minutes. I've left it on for longer myself a few times and had the same issues as you.

You have hit the nail on the head there. I did leave it on longer than 5 minutes as i was busy doing a few things so i think it was left on for 15 minutes. I even read the instructions but i just forgot the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2round

Options to try:

1. Toothpaste. Rub a little bit on the skin and rinse with cold water.
    2. Mix dish soap with either baking soda, lemon juice, or a combination of both. Mix equal parts, rub, and rinse.
    3. An acetone-based product (i.e. nail polish remover). Soak a cotton ball with it and rub it on your skin. Do it in a ventilated area and put moisturizer on after you're done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Set your head on fire during the interview during the interview. They will be too distracted thinking you are having a stroke that they won't notice that you blacking up

You have hit the nail on the head there. I did leave it on longer than 5 minutes as i was busy doing a few things so i think it was left on for 15 minutes. I even read the instructions but i just forgot the time.

Did you try my pee solution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

What kind of feckers would call ya in for an interview on a Sunday morning anyways?!

Set your head on fire during the interview during the interview. They will be too distracted thinking you are having a stroke that they won't notice that you blacking up

That's a bit extreme. I reckon he should dye his beard and eyebrows the same shade or shave his head to the skin and tell them he woke up with cancer.

becost wrote: »
    Did you try my pee solution?

I might be an arsehole but i'm not stupid to blast my hair with piss :D

This is what my hair looks like now...the same as sexual chocolates hair :o

• Advertisement

I might be an arsehole but i'm not stupid to blast my hair with piss :D

Good, I made that all up :D

I'd suggest a facial scrub with those tiny micro beads...

Advertisement