Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Don't Believe This. Just For Men

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Wash your hair with washing up liquid a few times asap, it will take a fair bit of the colour out.

Mind your head, your skin must be in bits by now.

Talk nice to a lady, a lady might help u apply some make-up to your face :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

zenno wrote: »
    I can't tell you that :P

You're an international assasinator and you're changing you're appearance for a new job?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

foxinsox wrote: »

Talk nice to a lady, a lady might help u apply some make-up to your face :-)

Bear in mind that he's going to an interview. Make up and jet black hair might send out the wrong signals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

becost wrote: »
    Bear in mind that he's going to an interview. Make up and jet black hair might send out the wrong signals.

Better than going with the smell of piss off his face! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

kneemos wrote: »
    You're an international assasinator and you're changing you're appearance for a new job?

WOW, are you psychic. Amazing stuff.

• Advertisement

Better than going with the smell of piss off his face! :-)

Could be worse. Make-up, dyed hair and a smell of piss. :D Would be a short interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Wash your hair with washing up liquid a few times asap, it will take a fair bit of the colour out.

e :-)

This. And for the rest of the week, use the strongest Head and Shoulders as your regular shampoo. It will fade the colour plenty. Go get a really good conditioner too as your hair will be like straw with all the harsh treatment otherwise.

I Got the colour wrong as my hair is black now and my shmig is brown and grey as well as the eyebrows so it looks way out of place.

:pac:

fiona-f wrote: »
    This. And for the rest of the week, use the strongest Head and Shoulders as your regular shampoo. It will fade the colour plenty. Go get a really good conditioner too as your hair will be like straw with all the harsh treatment otherwise.

Thanks for the information Fiona, i'll be doing that for sure. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I think you are right, i won't be using this crazy stuff again that's for sure.

I Got the colour wrong as my hair is black now and my shmig is brown and grey as well as the eyebrows so it looks way out of place. Ah sure it was an experiment, that went arseways.

You usually go for a colour that is way lighter than your natural colour as it won't bleach your existing colour but it'll dye your grey/white hair a bit.

Best thing is to ask a chick! They know more about this stuff and have hair dyes that won't make you look like you've just painted your head with black gloss paint!

Or go to a fancier barbers / hair salon and get it done professionally before the interview. They've probably got stuff for wiping off the skin stains too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Sounds like fifty shades of hair dye! :D

I don't have anything particularly useful to suggest here OP (although the pìss suggestion might not be as crazy as it sounds, it can take paint off walls yknow! I think it's to do with the ammonia in it, it's effective but fcuk me it smells nasty! :pac:), but I'm as surprised as others you're being asked to do an interview on a Sunday, unless it's for the priesthood! :pac:

Just by way of a cautionary tale in the aftermath OP-

My secondary school music teacher was going grey so he decided to try out hair dye, he came into school Monday morning with a head of hair like he'd stuck his head up a chimney. It got a few giggles alright, but that was nothing compared to the pìss taking he got a week later when the color was fading and his hair took on a fierce lilac purple tinge, he was from thereon out known as Dame Edna! :D

I'd say go to a place that knows about hair dye disasters though before the interview. They might be able to make ya look normal again or at least make the disaster look a bit cool and deliberate.

That or plaster on loads of white make up and try and pass yourself off as a goth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Head and shoulders is good for stripping colour

Solair wrote: »

That or plaster on loads of white make up and try and pass yourself off as a goth.

Yeah, just go in there wearing a cure t-shirt and they'll be none the wiser. :D

Seriously though, good luck with the interview and make sure to let us all know how things went.

Best of luck with the interview!

The hair probably looks way better than you think anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭schnitzelEater

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Leave it there!
    If you don't get the job, you can sue for racial discrimination!

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Been warning about those "solid dye jobs" for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Dont worry, i have it on good authority that women dig the Papa Lazarou look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Rub a bit of vinegar on it. After you post the pics of your dirty looking head of course.
    Go back in time, and put some Vaseline around your hairline and neck before using the dye. Will stop it colouring your skin.

Or maybe try lemon juice? Or bread soda? Both seem to be the common household remedy for just about everything ...

no the answer is a pot of mayonaise, Im sure of it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What exactly is the difference between just-for-men and any other hair dye? Do men feel manly using it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

I use JFM and Ive never had this problem. You do know you are supposed to leave it on max 5 mins and then rinse it out? You did do that didnt you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

What exactly is the difference between just-for-men and any other hair dye? Do men feel manly using it?

Nothing, its just marketing.

This employer does interviews on sundays, it's for a delivery driving company.

Well the interview went ok but there was a few other people there as well so won't know till later today. He was looking at my hands though and not as much as my head because there was still black ink all over them especially my finger-nails :( i used the head and shoulders 4 times and it definitely got rid of the hard colour so that was grand. Next time i will read the instructions if i ever use this stuff again, that's what happens when you forget to wash it off within 5 minutes as i left it in for 15 minutes or longer :D.

I woke up this morning and my pillow was black :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Funniest thread I have ever read ... class. Hope you get the job mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Victor wrote: »
    Harsh chemicals can damage your skin.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Could have been worse, could have eaten cheese and tikka masala roll for lunch before it and a gut like a volcano. They never tell you don't eat the tikka masala beforehand in the interview tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

I Got the colour wrong as my hair is black now and my shmig is brown and grey as well as the eyebrows so it looks way out of place. Ah sure it was an experiment, that went arseways.

I just genuinely laughed picturing that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

2round wrote: »
    Options to try:

1. Toothpaste. Rub a little bit on the skin and rinse with cold water.
    2. Mix dish soap with either baking soda, lemon juice, or a combination of both. Mix equal parts, rub, and rinse.
    3. An acetone-based product (i.e. nail polish remover). Soak a cotton ball with it and rub it on your skin. Do it in a ventilated area and put moisturizer on after you're done.

For how long does he leave it in the oven?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Autumn Moon

I'm sorry OP but I was in tears laughin' at this thread yesterday.......! Ya poor thing! I hope everything goes well for you! Best of luck with the job! :-)

Advertisement