Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i think i married the wrong woman

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

im in ireland shes in england plus i now have kids to complicate the situation

Easy, leave the wife and kids and move to England...everyone's a winner (well apart from your wife and kids)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Jesus, the fucking vitriol in here is astonishing.

OP, you could just be bored in your relationship. People fall out of love, it happens, but if you loved her when you got married, maybe it can happen again. I can tell you, though, you'll regret sleeping with someone else.

What I really think is happening here is this chick is the one that got away, because to be honest you were pretty dim and dumped her for another chick, and when that went south it just reinforced in your mind that you'd made a mistake. You didn't let go. So either work real hard on what you have now, or leave. I'd say work on it, because a marriage and kids isn't for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

No the wife came after the woman who "persuaded" him to ditch ex. Come on now keep up:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lost in cork

She persuaded you to ditch the girl, move in together, get married and have kids?? Are you actually for real???
    read it again ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I think you should break up with your wife. You're not being fair to her by staying with her while you consider cheating.
    If you still like your wife though, maybe consider forgetting about your ex and stay with your family.

• Advertisement

MomijiHime wrote: »
    I think you should break up with your wife. You're not being fair to her by staying with her while you consider cheating.
    If you still like your wife though, maybe consider forgetting about your ex and stay with your family.
    not going to leave the wife as i say we are good friends and we have kids ,i was only wondering whether other people felt they had married the wrong person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Lost in Cork, I'd say, from reading this, that your the first and only person ever to have seen an ex and gone hmmm???mmm??mm. Ever. Probably. Establish a strong picture of your ex in your mind and pretend your wifes her when ye make love. That's the sex bit sorted anyway. Another plus is, your wifes still a friend. Wait till she spots a sexy rich ex and starts resenting you. Then you'll really be fecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The kids don't seem to figure highly in the equation or are they just friends as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

im in ireland shes in england plus i now have kids to complicate the situation

what a wonderful father you are... nice to think of your children as the product of your foolish f_ckin around with peoples lives...

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

not going to leave the wife as i say we are good friends and we have kids ,i was only wondering whether other people felt they had married the wrong person

Oh.. well I'm not married so I'm afraid I can't say

• Advertisement

No never felt like i married the wrong person i adore him but im still human and can appreciate other men but would never act on it. Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the menu just don't order from it..iykwim

oh yes the vinos going down well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭pipelaser

When i was 22 i had a girlfriend and everything was going well so we moved in together in a flat we rented,things were ticking along nicely till i met an ex girlfriend who persuaded me to ditch my gf ,i did this and then had a relationship with this girl but it soon went sour and finished ,i moved on and eventually married a woman who made me happy ,but as time moved on it has become clear to me that we are just friends no more than that,on top of this i have just become friends on facebook with the first girl i lived with and she looks stunning and after chatting with her she is still a great laugh ,think i made a big mistake years ago,has anyone else married the wrong woman

Im not trying to be crude here man but,
    Go and have a ****, Im serious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Yeah, so I got divorced, if its wrong for one its wrong for both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

read it again ffs

There were 3 girls then? So the second girl convinced you to leave the first chick? How?

pipelaser wrote: »
    Im not trying to be crude here man but,
    Go and have a ****, Im serious
    about what?

Really OP, if this is a serious issue for you, you shouldn't post here. You're asking for the piss to be ripped. I can see you're serious though so....

....people often portray a certain image of themselves via Facebook. It's very easy to post your best photos and you've time to consider saying the right things and nothing "real" comes into the equation to complicate matters and a whole multitude of human-ness can be hidden behind a screen. How can you be sure you'd have a spark with this woman face-to-face?

Tbh, if you're not planning on leaving your wife, it's not fair to be in touch with the first woman. That's just my opinion - it's really not fair on your wife and kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

OP your just having whats called a "mid life crisis". Just buy yourself a Porsche you cant afford and everything will be alright again.

THIS!!

A Porsche is exactly what you need to shift your worries OP!
    Here's a good one: http://www.carzone.ie/search/Porsche/911/911SC-02/201314214224357/advert?channel=CARS
    Its red so will bring you all the attention you want and it's a classic so will shift your focus from worrying about women towards worrying about maintaining your fancy Porsche!

Its nice to know that so many morally perfect people are on boards.ie,when we are looking for tds next time we wont have to look far,also its been an interesting observation how quick people are to judge a person through 1 paragraph ,i can imagine that 100% of those people are not as squeeky clean as they would let others to believe

Its nice to know that so many morally perfect people are on boards.ie,when we are looking for tds next time we wont have to look far,also its been an interesting observation how quick people are to judge a person through 1 paragraph ,i can imagine that 100% of those people are not as squeeky clean as they would let others to believe

What did you expect posting here? :confused:

What did you expect posting here? :confused:
    i was just checking that the morals of far right Ireland were still intact

• Advertisement

Lost in Cork i would like to think that i showed you a little empathy. My post was supposed to convey that what you feel isn't abnormal .....just think carefully bout what you could lose before you act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Are you a bishop? Did we pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Xbox Live is down ATM, but this is great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MariaStar!

It's not about being far right really, it's about having empathy which you just seem to lack. I don't think anyone here wants that feeling of heart ache for your poor wife. Grow up or give her a divorce and act like a child for the rest of your life putting yourself first. I'm sure she's met plenty of hotter men than you but thought how hurt you would be and ignored her impulses.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

When i was 22 i had a girlfriend and everything was going well so we moved in together in a flat we rented,things were ticking along nicely till i met an ex girlfriend who persuaded me to ditch my gf ,i did this and then had a relationship with this girl but it soon went sour and finished ,i moved on and eventually married a woman who made me happy ,but as time moved on it has become clear to me that we are just friends no more than that,on top of this i have just become friends on facebook with the first girl i lived with and she looks stunning and after chatting with her she is still a great laugh ,think i made a big mistake years ago,has anyone else married the wrong woman
    I Think your wife married the wrong man. She's obviously too good for you

Akrasia wrote: »
    I Think your wife married the wrong man. She's obviously too good for you
    And you have managed to come to that conclusion from a paragraph,staggering!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Three Seasons

MariaStar! wrote: »
    It's not about being far right really, it's about having empathy which you just seem to lack. I don't think anyone here wants that feeling of heart ache for your poor wife. Grow up or give her a divorce and act like a child for the rest of your life putting yourself first. I'm sure she's met plenty of hotter men than you but thought how hurt you would be and ignored her impulses.

I don't think he said he plans on leaving his wife, in fact if my memory if this thread is correct I believe he may have said he won't leave her.

He can't help his feelings, they aren't something you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

After hours is the last bastion of pure unfiltered honesty. The concensus here is that you are treating others with a shocking disregard. Your own judgement is hopelessly inadequate. You should stop making decisions once and for all and throw yourself on the mercy of your wife and family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Its nice to know that so many morally perfect people are on boards.ie,when we are looking for tds next time we wont have to look far,also its been an interesting observation how quick people are to judge a person through 1 paragraph

It was the content of that one paragraph that people are judging you on, I've always said it that people are inherently judgemental, and based upon information available to them they can either judge you in a negative light, or a positive light.

You posted this information on a public forum and gave people no reason to judge you in a positive light. You come off as an incredible mé-féiner. Why are you even surprised by that, let alone getting so defensive about it?

i can imagine that 100% of those people are not as squeeky clean as they would let others to believe

Nobody else was stupid enough to open themselves up to being judged. There's a pattern of stupidity in your behaviour OP that you may want to examine before compounding your already stupid behaviour with even more stupid behaviour. This thread alone should be a lesson to you that your childish attitude isn't doing you any favors or encouraging anyone to empathise with your situation which is entirely of your own making.

As for your original question in your OP-

Let me just go ask my wife first and I'll get back to you after she tells me what to say :pac:

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    After hours is the last bastion of pure unfiltered honesty. The concensus here is that you are treating others with a shocking disregard. Your own judgement is hopelessly inadequate. You should stop making decisions once and for all and throw yourself on the mercy of your wife and family
    what shocking disregard am i showing .what judgement is inadequate,explain?

Advertisement