Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sails [Starz - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't expect that now in fairness. I was waiting and waiting for some arrow to sever the rope, and when Billy said "Now" i thought the lads were going in to start the rescue. Was wrong on that too! Talk about making sure!

Yeah, I was just thinking of Prince of Thieves.

Billy will have to explain that now, though he may wait for a rebellion to start before he goes anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

or Blondie to shoot the rope

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Long John Silver. Arrr mateys. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Kirby wrote:
    Long John Silver. Arrr mateys.

First mention of a Black Spot too! Wonder if/when Black Dog makes an appearance...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Great finish to the series and setup to the next, clear sides drawn and issues on both sides, it's a great show really, the new Spartacus :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I only realized after it ended that it's the finale :(
    Amazing season though! Probably my favorite show only behind GOT.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm living in hope that because Jerry Bruckheimer is a producer that as long as they keep making Pirate of the Caribbean movies that they'll keep making Black Sails, even though it all ends in Treasure Island there's loads of possibility in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Love this series!! My favourite at the moment. The long wait begins now for the next season.

Can't understand why its not more popular and that the viewer numbers are so low compared to other series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Only got around to the last 4 episodes now and just watched them all back to back. Bloody fantastic and can't wait for the next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

I was looking for something new to watch after finishing another tv series and didn't want to start GOT just yet, caught this out of the blue and being a massive pirate fan immediately LOVED it. I got through every episode in less than 2 weeks. desperate for more now! if anyone is wanting to feed their pirate fix till the next series starts I highly recommend playing assassins creed 4 or assassins creed rogue and the movie master and commander.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Haha , yeah I was playing Assassins Creed Black Flag when I first heard about this show. Good times plundering after watching an episode :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Is this worth watching?

Trying to fill my Game of Thrones/Vikings void

Cheers

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Is this worth watching?

Trying to fill my Game of Thrones/Vikings void

Cheers

Definitely. A lot better than Vikings. The first season is a bit slow but it kicks off in the later episodes. Season 2 and 3 have been fantastic television. Great characters.

Definitely. A lot better than Vikings. The first season is a bit slow but it kicks off in the later episodes. Season 2 and 3 have been fantastic television. Great characters.

Brilliant :)

Gonna get cracking this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

You forgot Jessica Parker Kennedy!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cina wrote: »
    You forgot Jessica Parker Kennedy!

Not possible to forget her.

Is she tidy?

In work so can't check

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Is she tidy?

In work so can't check

she's Luverly!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Oh how I love this show, the way the fight/battle scenes are shot is amazing, gives a great feel of just how bloody it must have been. Amazing characters too, they did some brilliant casting when selecting the roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Last seasons sea battles were really well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The battle at the end of season 2 with the aerial bombardment was nuts, felt like the D-Day landing from Saving Private Ryan in terms of sheer effectiveness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Only started watching this after Game of Thrones ended as I was looking for something that ticks all the boxes - first season is slow enough and being honest, far too soap-like for me in spots, but it improves massively towards the end and throughout season 2. Looks gorgeous as well, very convincing naval battle scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I found the first series had more direction , Ive about 3 to go on the second but found a few episodes a bit meandering. Hopefully it finishes strong

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Only realized there that the actor who plays Woods Rogers played Ser Arthur Dane in Game of Thrones.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reece289

silverharp wrote: »
    I found the first series had more direction , Ive about 3 to go on the second but found a few episodes a bit meandering. Hopefully it finishes strong
    Keep with it lad. The third series is the best imo. The ending of the second is rather good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

One of the strongest aspects of the show is that every series ends well. One of the reasons you put up with some of the cheap mid-season episodes is that you know the money is being saved for the big finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reece289

bluesfan wrote: »
    One of the strongest aspects of the show is that every series ends well. One of the reasons you put up with some of the cheap mid-season episodes is that you know the money is being saved for the big finish.
    True. Also it allows the show to build over a season. Simple tv, but they do it very well.

Season 2 I thought was fantastic story wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Starz just announced that the fourth season of its original series Black Sails will be its last. The 10-episode Season 4 of the Treasure Island prequel returns in 2017 with its pirates at war in the West Indies.

http://deadline.com/2016/07/starz-black-sails-to-end-season-4-treasure-island-prequel-1201789425/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

Advertisement