Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sails [Starz - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Airs in the US tomorrow night folks.Sundays mornings wont too bad for the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭satguy

VLC Player > open file > Black Sails S03E01 > get popcorn ....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

satguy wrote: »
    VLC Player > open file > Black Sails S03E01 > get popcorn ....
    I have to ask, why not just doubleclick on the file?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Dad's back and these little tykes need manners putting on.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjQvO61uOVSDx7fPs3b6BoV6_iM5qRyGr1wYZbeg89mUc9xA2z

Thargor wrote: »
    I have to ask, why not just doubleclick on the file?

Waited for the 1080p MKV, But could have just gone "doubleclick on the file",,I'm old school, so did it the hard way...

240MB + VLC = :)
    360MB + Netflix = :mad:
    RD + VLC = :D

• Advertisement

....Yes, ""BlackBeard"" ,,They never said it out straight,,, But "BlackBeard" was what popped into my head..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was he not in it before? Seem to remember Vane getting involved with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Yeah. He was in it before but a different actor.

Yeah. He was in it before but a different actor.

Who Blackbeard? He wasnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Vane killed his previous captain who just happened to have a black beard. They never gave the character a name but i thought it was inferred that it wasn't the Black beard/ Ed teach.

• Advertisement

Yeah it was this guy. The history between the two also plays into what Vane says to the spanish captain of the slave ship in this episode.

http://black-sails.wikia.com/wiki/Albinus

I was thinking Vane met someone like that and it was implied at the time. Not being familiar with the history/Treasure Island and not wanting to read about it due to it spoiling events of the show, I was surprised he was written out so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjQvO61uOVSDx7fPs3b6BoV6_iM5qRyGr1wYZbeg89mUc9xA2z
    where's he been?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I stand corrected. Could have sworn they referred to him as blackbeard at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭jmcc

I stand corrected. Could have sworn they referred to him as blackbeard at some point.
    There was a scene in Series 1 with a rather nervous Silver being brought to meet Blackbeard. :) But it wasn't Teach.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

jmcc wrote: »
    There was a scene in Series 1 with a rather nervous Silver being brought to meet Blackbeard. :) But it wasn't Teach.

Regards...jmcc

...or a beard. Probably the moment a lot of us decided this is worth sticking with for a laugh.

I thought this was the final season of Black Sails until I read today about someone being cast for season 4. Was it not reported as being the final season before?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

how many sharks did they catch? good season so far, think the show is trying to trick us a bit at the end of the ep

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So he finally came clean about the gold. No secrets now. And Flint knows how much Silver needs the crew.

Anybody else a bit sick of the Ann/Max thing at this stage? It seems every scene between them is the exact same. I love the show but that irks me a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

A very good episode this week. Really starting to set up some big events!

• Advertisement

Yes that was an excellent episode.

Next weeks looks like a cracker too.

:eek:

:(

Kirby wrote: »
    :eek:

:(

If only it was Game of Thrones, we could cod ourselves into thinking Melisandre could bring him back :(

"Get on with it mother****er..."

Going out like a badass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Ah bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

is this the last season of black sails? getting rid of main characters is usually what they do in last seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

is this the last season of black sails? getting rid of main characters is usually what they do in last seasons

http://deadline.com/2015/07/black-sails-renewed-season-4-sarz-1201488413/
    Pirate drama Black Sails is officially Starz’s flagship series after the pay cable network picked up a 10-episode fourth season of the show...

Didn't expect that now in fairness. I was waiting and waiting for some arrow to sever the rope, and when Billy said "Now" i thought the lads were going in to start the rescue. Was wrong on that too! Talk about making sure!

http://deadline.com/2015/07/black-sails-renewed-season-4-sarz-1201488413/

Didn't expect that now in fairness. I was waiting and waiting for some arrow to sever the rope, and when Billy said "Now" i thought the lads were going in to start the rescue. Was wrong on that too! Talk about making sure!
    I think that was more to ease his passing.

Indeed. Short drop hanging very rarely broke the neck. So they often ended up hanging their for several minutes. Obviously thats not very pleasant so the family members usually came in and pulled to expedite the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Now I'm sad...

Advertisement