Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divinity Original Sin Kickstarter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Xenji wrote: »
    My main gripe with the game is that key items are sellable, you may do it by accident or you get something far earlier then you are meant to, also Leandras blood is after disappearing from my inventory which has buggered my game, have not been able to find a workaround yet.

You didn't send it to the homestead by accident did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You didn't send it to the homestead by accident did you?

Unfortunately not, went back to any vendors I used and I did not sell it and I do not drop anything, it is a known bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Xenji wrote: »
    My main gripe with the game is that key items are sellable, you may do it by accident or you get something far earlier then you are meant to, also Leandras blood is after disappearing from my inventory which has buggered my game, have not been able to find a workaround yet.

It doesn't help that Leandra's Blood looks exactly like a health pot either. I did exactly this in my playthrough and there was no way I was going to find out who I sold it to. Luckily the game keeps several autosaves and I didn't have to restart the whole game over :)

I'm going to wait a while but I think I'll try another play through without companions using different classes than before. Was such a fun game.

What am I supposed to be going for with a witch character? She seems useless other than summoning a spider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

What am I supposed to be going for with a witch character? She seems useless other than summoning a spider

If you keep to the witch template and go Geomancer and Witchcraft you will be a powerful summoner/buffer soon. The early witchcraft spells are kind of bad though, except for Oath of Desecration, which is boss. You can get summon skeleton at level 4 or 7 I think.

If I start again (wont be for a while I think, probably if another RPG gap appears but Wasteland 2 should be coming out in a few weeks :D) I'll probably make an all out thief. Scoundrel was one the only skill set I didn't touch in my playthrough but some of the skills looked awesome.
    I'm going to wait a while but I think I'll try another play through without companions using different classes than before. Was such a fun game.

If you didn't do a ranger type yet, I highly recommend it. With the Glass Canon talent you can really put the hurt on things and stay far enough away to not get hit most fights. A melee ranger/thief could be awesome with haste, tactical retreat, charm and other nonsense. I found that most of the ranger support skills (Doctor and such) were useless as the ranger was never near enough to anyone to use them :P But there could be some really nice synergy if up close with a warrior. Daggers and bows both require dex too so you could switch out if required for certain fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Glebee wrote: »
    Anybody else found this very difficult, All my characters are level 3 and im about to leave to leave the first village, but no matter what direction I take I keep getting my ass handed ti me in combat. My line up is 2 figher class, 1 wizard and 1 ranged.. Maybe I should start over...

Reduced the difficulty. Now im flying..:p

Reduced the difficulty. Now im flying..:p

Here is a map of what level you should be for what area. It is arguably a spoiler for those who are sensitive to that kind of thing so I'll just leave a link: http://i.imgur.com/O42hd38.gif

Have not played for a while. Completely stuck at Bruccus Rex. He kicks my ass every time. I appear to be geared up and use fire protection potion but no joy. It's stopped me playing the game completely. Hugh jump in difficulty level.

Have not played for a while. Completely stuck at Bruccus Rex. He kicks my ass every time. I appear to be geared up and use fire protection potion but no joy. It's stopped me playing the game completely. Hugh jump in difficulty level.

What level are you? How have you gone about the fight so far?

Stuff I did (will put in spoilers just in case)
    Initiated the fight with just one character, and a wall between me and Braccus. If he spams his fireball then it'll hit the wall
    Lay oil where the poison guy spawns, then set it on fire. If the fire is there when he spawns it'll explode the poison and do huge damage. Then send your pet Spider after him who is immune to all his attacks (if you don't have spidey yet, GET SPIDEY NOW)
    Use the ice spell on the fire summon
    Get your melee guys to take out the other one
    Use a bloodstone if you get really hammered by the fire attack during the fight

I had a lot of trouble with him initially but once I got my strategy down I destroyed him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I one shotted him. I still don't know how.

On the first turn he killed one of my party members. On the second he killed another. So I'm standing there with 2 characters left and Braccus has his three buddies and I'm thinking about how long it's been since I saved instead of what to do. But I went through the motions anyway and I kept rezzing my guys and chucking out spells and attacks and eventually won. It was ridiculous. :p

Every time I'm down to 1 party member after 2 turns. Must check has my difficulty level gone back up. It's maddening. Have the week of work and was going to wipe this baby out.

Every time I'm down to 1 party member after 2 turns. Must check has my difficulty level gone back up. It's maddening. Have the week of work and was going to wipe this baby out.

You're definitely doing it wrong so. Keep 3 of your party back by the door and initiate the battle with just one party member and it'll be impossible for you to be down to 1 party member after two turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

If you have summoning spells, then use them, otherwise go an find them. I had the spider and a zombie summoned that I put in front of me, so that they get the brunt of the attacks. I then just kept firing missile weapons and spells at them (Jahann's ice spells do the trick and you could maybe use his rain spell before initiating combat to make sure the enemy starts at a disadvantage). Even my melee fighter had a few ranged attacks, so I'd use them when I could and would move them in to finish off the enemies when they were down to about half health.

And just in case you didn't realise, some attacks can heal enemies instead of damaging them (fire attacks can heal fire based enemies, for example).

Is there a way to redo a characters stats? An item that allows you to do it once off maybe? One of my characters is next to useless

Is there a way to redo a characters stats? An item that allows you to do it once off maybe? One of my characters is next to useless
    I haven't tried it, but I'm told that in the Hall of Darkness in your homestead (you unlock it after the cathedral) you can respec you character, but it wipes all the skills you've learned as well, so do it with care.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

humanji wrote: »
    I haven't tried it, but I'm told that in the Hall of Darkness in your homestead (you unlock it after the cathedral) you can respec you character, but it wipes all the skills you've learned as well, so do it with care.

Yep, any spell or skill learned will be gone meaning it has to be bought or found again plus it is also well into the game when that happens. If its early in the game some characters like a rouge can be real shítty. Stick with it, they come good eventually.

PartyJungle, there is a save game editor but the temptation to boost a character will always be there and it would ruin this fantastic game.

Not a chance I'm touching a save game editor!

Not a chance I'm touching a save game editor!

Whats so bad about your character, what level is it?

Whats so bad about your character, what level is it?

Not sure what level. Its the girl you start with. Started out as a witch but she is absolutely useless in combat besides the spider spell. Piled some points into dex in an attempt to add some utility to her but didn't have enough points to equip any decent bow. So now I have a half witch, half ranger who is mediocre at both. She is just a vessel for the spider spell.

• Advertisement

Not sure what level. Its the girl you start with. Started out as a witch but she is absolutely useless in combat besides the spider spell. Piled some points into dex in an attempt to add some utility to her but didn't have enough points to equip any decent bow. So now I have a half witch, half ranger who is mediocre at both. She is just a vessel for the spider spell.

Yeah, sounds bad alright. With my rouge/ranger, it was maybe level 6/7 before she started to kick ass. The fact you split the character between magic (INT) and ranger (DEX) will halve the progression. I reckon it either a restart, save editor or just soldier on.:(
    Have you got the extra two characters yet?

You can complement her skills with special arrows. That'll make combat a lot easier for you. Covering people with oil then setting them on fire, that sort of thing.

How far in are you? I actually restarted once I originally left the first town as I didn't like the character set up. It wasn't that hard to speed through the rest, knowing how to complete each quest to get back to where I was.

I just beat Braccus Rex and entered the forest. I couldn't take starting over. I think I'll just power on.

I just beat Braccus Rex and entered the forest. I couldn't take starting over. I think I'll just power on.

Just thumpted him myself at long last...:)

Just thumpted him myself at long last...:)

I didn't recognize two of his minions. I fought them elsewhere after the Rex boss fight. The skeleton guy in the gardens was going on about how Rex was going to be raised from the dead... but I had already defeated him.

Stick with the DEX/rouge stuff - she'll come good soon enough. Give her the Glass Cannon, Backstab perks and use tactical retreat....and as Humanji said, load her up with arrows. Charm, Stun and Static Cloud arrows work great!

Storming through it again but those damn death Knights in the mines have me stumped. Saw something on line about invisibility potions but can't seem to find any for sale. My sneak does not seem to be high enough to get by either. Any suggestions????

Storming through it again but those damn death Knights in the mines have me stumped. Saw something on line about invisibility potions but can't seem to find any for sale. My sneak does not seem to be high enough to get by either. Any suggestions????

Using sneak you can see their line of sight. Check on line for a recipe for the potions, you'll probably have tons of ingredients by this stage. Once you get by them to the east of the map you can progress. You will encounter them later to kick their arses.

Jesus... Those Death Knight almost turned me off the game.

Spent an eternity trying to sneak past. No luck

Spent an eternity looking for invisibility potion. No luck

Eventually get my hands on an invisability potion and then manage to sneak past first go without using it...

Any way on we go at last.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Saw this on g2play for 18.66 really interested in it , looks awesome, is it really tough though?

Advertisement