Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divinity Original Sin Kickstarter

Options

Comments

How exactly does the multiplayer work?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

How exactly does the multiplayer work?

Haven't tried it yet but I think basically you control one of the other of the main characters and your coop partner controls the other.

Haven't tried it yet but I think basically you control one of the other of the main characters and your coop partner controls the other.

That sounds like it would detract from the game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd say it would be great. Allows you to argue on decisions that you don't agree on, though the way they decide on arguments is kind of weird from what i remember (some sort of rock paper scissor type thing). I'd give it a shot, but most of my mates wouldn't touch this, and the others don't have 50+ hours to spare.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's a few elements of the game that don't stand up to scrutiny.

The rock/paper/scissors crap is one of the more perplexingly bad game design decisions I've ever seen.

Far too many of the enemies can cast various charm/frozen/fear/blind effects. What gameplay is there if I'm repeatedly stripped of control of my characters?

• Advertisement

Maybe 20 hours in and I discover how to barter with NPC's...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`

Have finished the game now. I absolutely loved it, highly recommend to any RPG fans. Took me about 70 hours in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Im stuck on the murder quest for so long. I read solutions i just cant get the thing to happen, i must have missed some step. quite and old school problem

Spunge wrote: »
    Im stuck on the murder quest for so long. I read solutions i just cant get the thing to happen, i must have missed some step. quite and old school problem

What exactly is the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

you can go off and do other things and you'l come across clues for it outside of the town.

Tell us exactly what you're stuck with and I'm sure we can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Xenji wrote: »
    Had the day off work today, started playing around 11.00 and have only dragged myself away from the game now, it makes me want to go back and play all the old classics again.

Only found out about this game last night. Bought, downloaded, installed it and got about 1 hour in, most of which was character creation. I managed to blag a day off work tomorrow too. I can't fooking wait. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Picked it up yesterday as well. Epic game. Its Balders Gate all over again..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SeanFrank

This game is not getting close to the attention it deserves - the whole engine is so open and inviting. It's what Ultima was trying to be and what Diablo III should have been.

I really hope more games take inspiration from it because this is definitely the way forward for RPGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Am I doing something wrong? I'm pottering around the town at the start. And I can't kill those zombies outside the gate...

Zulu wrote: »
    Am I doing something wrong? I'm pottering around the town at the start. And I can't kill those zombies outside the gate...

Keep pottering. You aren't supposed to be level 3 till you leave town. You can gain experience from doing quests

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That locked chest after you defeat
    Braccus Rex
    is pretty stupid. By the time you get the key for it, you are way over levelled for the gear inside. The only way of opening it there and then is to have a magic unlock scroll in your inventory.....and the odds of that are mighty slim.

What exactly is the point of that? One aspect of old timey game design I don't miss.

I really don't enjoy managing equipment in this game. You get so much crap which could be slightly better than your current stuff, but that happens all the time. I just pick up everything now and go through it every 5 hours or so. I couldn't be arsed making sure all my characters have the best of the best at all times. You don't even need to be properly equipped to get through the game on normal.

I really don't enjoy managing equipment in this game. You get so much crap which could be slightly better than your current stuff, but that happens all the time. I just pick up everything now and go through it every 5 hours or so. I couldn't be arsed making sure all my characters have the best of the best at all times. You don't even need to be properly equipped to get through the game on normal.

Completely agree. I was always on the lookout for weapons but with armour as you said I'd take 15 mins every 5 hours of gametime or so to go through everything I had to check if it was better than what my dudes were wearing at the time.

The inventory was the one thing I really didn't like about the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Completely agree. I was always on the lookout for weapons but with armour as you said I'd take 15 mins every 5 hours of gametime or so to go through everything I had to check if it was better than what my dudes were wearing at the time.

The inventory was the one thing I really didn't like about the game.

The inventory was fine. It was larger than in most games of this type and you had the ability to auto-sort it. The problem is that there is way too much loot, which ends up meaning that 90% of it is clutter. You dont need enemies to be loot pinatas in a game of this scope, especially since you can make/upgrade your stuff quite significantly by crafting. Loot should come in smaller but more meaningful doses, such as after a boss or rare lucky drops. Many games suffer from this kind of gear overload. I'm getting real tired with all the random prefix-suffix malarky too. I dont want some Shepherd's Two Handed Sword of the Swollen Lamprey, I just want a Two Handed Sword. Baldur's Gate had it right in this regard. Fallout 1&2 did loot really, really well too.

If you didn't know, you can open two inventories at once by right clicking on your characters avatars. So much handier being able to see two at once while sorting stuff.

Anybody else found this very difficult, All my characters are level 3 and im about to leave to leave the first village, but no matter what direction I take I keep getting my ass handed ti me in combat. My line up is 2 figher class, 1 wizard and 1 ranged.. Maybe I should start over...

Leave the northwest exit. Enemies are easiest around there I think

Leave the northwest exit. Enemies are easiest around there I think

Along the beach???

Glebee wrote: »
    Along the beach???

No thats where orcs and stuff are. Try the exit further north

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Try the summon spider spell. It is immune to poison which a lot of the undead use at the start of the game. Summon it out in front of you to initiate combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Glebee wrote: »
    Anybody else found this very difficult, All my characters are level 3 and im about to leave to leave the first village, but no matter what direction I take I keep getting my ass handed ti me in combat. My line up is 2 figher class, 1 wizard and 1 ranged.. Maybe I should start over...
    You can change the difficulty in the menu. It might be worth dropping it down to easy until you get a hang of using your team together and some of the little tricks you can use. Things like using Jahan's teleport spell to pick up and drop stragglers at the edges of enemy groups, help to whittle them down.

I did have the same set up as you though and found I had a bad set up. I restarted and created characters that cover most areas. For example, Madora is the fighter, Jahan is a water and air mage, and I created one character who is a fire and earth mage who can pick locks and craft, and the other is a ranger and witch who can talk to animals. With the four I'm set for most fights.

Combat can be a bit uneven in the first part of this game. At the beginning it's incredibly easy and once you leave the first town you can quickly find yourself completely outclassed when you're expecting it to be a nice even curve. But even creatures of much higher levels can be taken out with the right tactics.

Two things to always keep in mind is to save before you go into battle, so if it's not going your way you can just reload, and also be mindful of what weapons and magic you use on enemies. For example, fire based weapons and magic can sometimes heal fire based enemies and you're not really given any warning about it (I only realised this by accident, and thought a fire elemental was healing every round!). So try and think about who you''re fighting and how best to defeat them while also using the selection of elemental skills to complement each other (cast a rain spell to get everyone wet, then fire a lightning bolt at them, for example, or explode poison puddles with fire etc).

It can take a while to get around how versatile the skills are (the teleport spell doesn't just have to teleport enemies *wink* *wink*!)

You can teleport on top of other enemies for double damage. I like to teleport their more delicate fighters right into my formation and ravage them in one turn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

My main gripe with the game is that key items are sellable, you may do it by accident or you get something far earlier then you are meant to, also Leandras blood is after disappearing from my inventory which has buggered my game, have not been able to find a workaround yet.

Advertisement