Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Mass Shooting

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

shane547 wrote: »
    Wonder how many were hoping this was another US shooting so they can go off on a tirade on big bad guns
    MadsL wrote: »
    American guns are the bad guns. Everyone else's guns are the "unfortunate" guns.
    It doesn't matter where this happened, it's still fcuked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It doesn't matter where this happened, it's still fcuked up.

Yeah, but when it happens in America, it is America that is fcuked up, when it happens elsewhere it is the person.

Just an observation on what I have learnt from AH.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Not too sure how confident I'd be firing a gun created entirely via 3D Printing! Even injection molded plastic wouldn't be strong enough for that purpose.

Sounds like a good way to lose a few fingers.

Not sure what the problem is with injection molded plastic. My SIG P2340 is made with the stuff. So's every Glock, the Springfield XD, and a whole bunch of other polymer guns which are lighter and just as reliable as the steel-framed ones.

As for 3D printed guns, they work. This is, under US law, a 3D printed firearm.

They have another video up of them emptying a 50-round magazine.

Now, so far, not all the components are plastic. The hammer/trigger/sear, bolt and most importantly, barrel, are still standard forged and machined metal. But considering this time last year their receiver broke after only six rounds, I don't expect it will be very long before a full 3D printed firearm is functional.

Advertisement