Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaky Blinders - BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Its interesting - he knows she's lying to him at every step but still keeps her close. I'm laying money (though not with the Shelbys) he's a patron of galleries himself.
    I did like the way Sam Neill went from beaten copper to diabolic vengeance upon an uppity child in about two seconds flat.
    This show will travel if the writing keeps up. The wee pretend gangsters in Love/Hate look midgety by comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The wee pretend gangsters in Love/Hate look midgety by comparison.

Speaking of which.... Tom Vaughan-Lawlor is going to appear in Peaky Blinders as an IRA man apparently.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Speaking of which.... Tom Vaughan-Lawlor is going to appear in Peaky Blinders as an IRA man apparently.

Nice one. I was wondering when the genuine non-singsong IRA were going to show up with an offer from Uncle Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

Cillian Murphy is Irish - well , Republic of Cork but near enough.
    Sam Neill was born in Northern Ireland but was raised from childhood in NZ and established himself as an actor in Australia. He does accents well though so has often played Americans for cash.
    There might be an American or two in there somewhere but it is a BBC production as said above.
    All actors work for 'cash'. Jobs do that. Sam Neill is Irish having been born in Omagh, County Tyrone and is very proud of his Irish roots and has an Irish passport - source? I have met him and he told me so himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SOA's Tommy Flanagan debuts this week
    as Arthur Snr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Wow that was beating poor old Nidge got :D

RIP Nidge. No wonder he's depressed if thats how his previous life ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The finale of series 1 is next week apparently. I've really got into the story and characters over the last couple of episodes, it's good stuff. Hopefully there's a second series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fantastic episode. Murphy and neill have been excellent throughout

The finale of series 1 is next week apparently. I've really got into the story and characters over the last couple of episodes, it's good stuff. Hopefully there's a second series.

I thought that was the finale. One to go is good news. I saw an interview with the shows creator where he said he was already writing series two. So that looks positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

exactly the same, was looking forward on a thursday night to the next episode. Cillian is brilliant to watch have to say, great accent to. will there be a second series though, dosent strike me as you could really expand to to far with this series? maybe im wrong.

I read a report in the paper a few weeks ago that there already planning a 3rd series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Watched the final episode tonight, enjoyed the series, definitely worthy of 2nd season. Good to see historical drama from a working class POV.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Thought it was a bit hit and miss tonight, Cillian not figuring out she was a spy just was too weak for me, the shootout was just too staged as well.

Neill was good again, the acting in the scene at the start with the prostitute was excellent, played the stereotypical Ulster Prod from that era brilliantly.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I suppose the final gunshot was Sam Neill ending it all. Hopefully not. Looking forward to season 2 already.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

what did Thomas say at the end in his letter to grace??

meet you in 3 weeks??

> wonder did he tell the police chief where Grace was??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Really enjoyed the series,also looking forward to series 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

fryup wrote: »
    what did Thomas say at the end in his letter to grace??

meet you in 3 weeks??

> wonder did he tell the police chief where Grace was??

no he said he would give her his answer in 3 days. apparently she asked him to go to new york with him. maybe in the end she took out her gun and popped sam neill...john wayne style. really enjoyed the series even if cillian did recover very quickly from that gunshot wound. very quickly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Really enjoyed the series. It's well shot and directed with great acting, particularly from Murphy and Neill.

I did think Tommy should have copped that it was Grace betraying him but I guess he was blinded by his feelings.

Really looking forward to series 2.

Has anyone found they get a weird reception when they mention the show to others? Nobody I know has heard of it and their initial reaction to my recommendation is, "What a weird name".

Fantastic ending to a fantastic season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Just finished it last night,Very good show,The IRA Singing was a bit cringe but other than that was v.good...Hope Grace got it at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Great actor.

Charlotte Riley (Tom Hardy's OH) and Noah Taylor join cast Source

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

this worth the watch?

Raf32 wrote: »
    this worth the watch?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes

Thanks, gonna start it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭brian_t

Teaser for series 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭brian_t

Season 1 is being repeated late on BBC2 this week and next.

Starting tomorrow night at 20 min past Midnight.

• Advertisement

Thursday, October 2 at 9pm on BBC Two Season 2

Advertisement