Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭the great purveyor of mediocrity

Yeah them Pro-Lifers would wreck anyones head, the way that they are against ripping children out of bellies and flinging them into buckets. Bloody headwreckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Fine here :o

The signals take longer to come to Cork ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Isn't it amazing how these '' pro-life'' people are absolutely certain of everything?
    And anyway, I've never met anyone who's anti-life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

coolhull wrote: »
    Isn't it amazing how these '' pro-life'' people are absolutely certain of everything?

They don't last long!

Caroline Simons even has her own website :eek:

http://www.carolinesimons.ie/Home.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Argghh! This woman is so frustrating to listen to. How can she sit there and refute expert opinion? It's like taking structural advice on a house from a guy who likes to look at Channel 4 property programmes instead of taking advice from an Architect. She's just trying to tie the argument up in legal complication.

Anti-Life is probably the inappropriately named Pro-Choice. My ould one announced the other night at the kitchen table, whilst drinking tae that she was pro-choice. I say thank ****, there is no abortion in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What really annoys me about this debate is that one side come out and "this study from this university says this" and then the other crowd counter with "ah but Doctor Very Very Important and his team of very very important doctors have said that" absolute nonsense.....

I dont understand why they dont just let the doctor's Hippocratic Oath take precedence.. Doctors are the best trained to judge the situation, and should be allowed to carry out whatever actions they believe will bring about the most positive outcome..

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Anti-Life is probably the inappropriately named Pro-Choice.
    Pro-choice is another word for Anti-life?
    What dictionary do you use?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The panel discussions on VB always seem to come to an end just as they're beginning to warm up. :(

If there was less time faffing about with the news at the start and the papers at the end it would be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭Hitchens

they are 'pro-life' antenatal............not quite so much postnatal, methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I wonder is Thomas Gear pro life, given that he is alive yet dead..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What really annoys me about this debate is that one side come out and "this study from this university says this" and then the other crowd counter with "ah but Doctor Very Very Important and his team of very very important doctors have said that" absolute nonsense.....

I dont understand why they dont just let the doctor's Hippocratic Oath take precedence.. Doctors are the best trained to judge the situation, and should be allowed to carry out whatever actions they believe will bring about the most positive outcome..

Yeah but define "positive outcome"

If its a choice between foetus or mother?

Pro-choice is another word for Anti-life?
    What dictionary do you use?

Well sure like what else is it really? It stands for allowing women the choice of whether or not to legally continue with their pregnancy or to legally terminate their pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

This is the same doctor that was on the Marian Finucane yesterday... (talking about the Savita Halipanavaar case).. Breda O'Brien was representing the "pro life" side, and it's worth listening back to just to hear how embarrassing she was..

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/04/21/dr-peter-boylan-and-breda-obrien-the-transcript/

Time hasn't made that any easier to watch. Just watched it again and it made me feel all uneasy all over again. Reminds me of the way The Smurfs used to terrify me when I was a nipper. Used to watch them from behind a pillow.

I feel the same way whenever I see Thomas Gear on the ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Caroline the verbal diarrhoeaologist, doesn't listen to anybody. She has no medical nursing or psychological qualifications,yet roundly denies the proven knowledge of experienced obstetricians and eminent psychologists:eek::eek: What gives her that right? The" gods"of the "prolife" nazis? :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

The feed was awful this evening, I had to switch to www.aertv.ie/#tv3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Lapin wrote: »
    I feel the same way whenever I see Thomas Gear on the ads.
    .......or when I hear the Thomas Crean ad on RTE :o

South Georgia on the tip of my b*&%$x

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »
    The panel discussions on VB always seem to come to an end just as they're beginning to warm up. :(

If there was less time faffing about with the news at the start and the papers at the end it would be better.

For some strange reason, Sam Smyth always seems to have plenty of time to have the discussion and review the papers when he's standing in for VB. Must be a different space-time continuum when Vinnie is presenting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

What is the story with prominent right wing males being so vocally "pro-life".
    Ganley just tweeted his support there.

Anything that eclipses Man Utd's victory celebrations can only be a good thing !

Good on ya Suarez me old son !!

You'll never bite alone !!!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What is the story with prominent right wing males being so vocally "pro-life".
    Ganley just tweeted his support there.

Idiot

Ah go easy, there are plenty more stupid out there than Ganley.

@vicwatson
    Me or Ganley? :eek:

Does anyone else think it isn't such a great idea for Wayne Molloy to be advertising for a goldsmith, considering what he's been up to in Fair City recently?

@vicwatson
    Me or Ganley? :eek:

You, joking, Ganley of course

Ah go easy, there are plenty more stupid out there than Ganley.

I didn't say he was stupid, I said he was an idiot;)

• Advertisement

Nicola rocking the sexy secretary look.
    OK, that's my quota for commenting on VB hot women for tonight. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement