Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Martin King is the worst weather man in the world.

Someone should tell him the rain "on the way" has been in the Country for 24 hours.

It's howling here and lashing rain.

Look a little further than out the window Martin.

And I've no rum. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Little Richard Bruton for Education, Sean Sherlock as Jobs Minister

Remember, you read it here first ;)

King - '' There will be showers in places''

Which f**kin' places, Martin? Thats we want to know :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

coolhull wrote: »
    King - '' There will be showers in places''

Which f**kin' places, Martin? Thats we want to know :mad:

Low places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

sligojoek wrote: »
    Low places.

Cant stand that square headed t**t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Cant stand that square headed t**t

No meteorological courses have been injured in the production of this "weatherman".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Kathleen Lynch :rolleyes:

I wouldn't put her in charge of organising a p!ss up in a brewery.

That's why Joanie is Labour Party leader and you're not, Harry :D

Austerity is over for Ivan, at least. A year in Wales and it's all grand again.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Katleen Lynch and Pathcal Donohoe. Christ, if they're promoted, that means their irritating voices will pop up on the news far more often. Unbearable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Austerity is over for Ivan, at least. A year in Wales and it's all grand again.

giphy.gif

He made me sick talking about being depressed/invoking suicide during his time in Wales. Insult to people who are depressed.
    He'll always be OK.

Is Bruton still getting health anyone know.

I thought Leo would be getting Health?

I wouldn't want to be 'Bottlers' stand-in. Could go to Liam Twomey, maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

As long as it's not Kathleen Lynch, I don't mind. She should be kept far away from any department with a 'th' in the title.

No he seems to have a charmed political career so far and it seems set to continue with him avoiding it (last I heard).
    It would make sense for him to move to health though and he's not one of Enda's boys so I'm not sure how he managed it.

Nobody should take any notice of IBEC. All they want is to pay workers the minimum amount possible so their fatcat members make more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

He made me sick talking about being depressed/invoking suicide during his time in Wales. Insult to people who are depressed.
    He'll always be OK.

Disgusting failed bookie. It is the likes of him who brought the country to it's knees, now he is so called clean and back in the circle. It must impress the youth being forced to struggle to get an education, while those born with the golden spoon can spoof on, at their expense.

No he seems to have a charmed political career so far and it seems set to continue with him avoiding it (last I heard).
    It would make sense for him to move to health though and he's not one of Enda's boys so I'm not sure how he managed it.

I think Leo could have his choice of ministries. He puts the wind up Enda, and won't go anywhere he doesn't want to go. Maybe stay where he is?

Disgusting failed bookie. It is the likes of him who brought the country to it's knees, now he is so called clean and back in the circle. It must impress the youth being forced to struggle to get an education, while those born with the golden spoon can spoof on, at their expense.

In fairness I don't like to kick someone after they failed but there's something about Yates (as you say). He has the down-to-earth man of the people shtick down pat but he's as embedded in the establishment as they come.
    I suppose it's admirable he's trying to get on with things but as I say he will always be OK with his old friends in FG. He is a great example of the neo-gombeen IMO.

• Advertisement

I think Leo could have his choice of ministries. He puts the wind up Enda, and won't go anywhere he doesn't want to go. Maybe stay where he is?

With Enda's henchmen, Big Phil going to Europe and James Reilly being relegated to Arts, it's possible that Enda mightn't want to raise Leo's profile too much. He's probably the only Fine Gael minister with any credibility left. Enda won't like him for that.

In fairness I don't like to kick someone after they failed but there's something about Yates (as you say). He has the down-to-earth man of the people shtick down pat but he's as embedded in the establishment as they come.
    I suppose it's admirable he's trying to get on with things but as I say he will always be OK with his old friends in FG. He is a great example of the neo-gombeen IMO.

Why are the banks not moving on the assets that supported his borrowings, like mammys house. Or do they do that only on the little people who are so far out of the golden circle.

To be fair, Yates gave a lot of employment in the good times and did all he could to keep his shops open but AIB pulled the plug

I knew his bookie's business was dead in the water the day that one of his employees tried to convince me that the Grand National wasn't a handicap :D

To be fair, Yates gave a lot of employment in the good times and did all he could to keep his shops open but AIB pulled the plug

Ahh, Mammys house secured his borrowings, why did they not call it in.

Jaysus, Sean Penn still with Charlize Theron.

My VHI now over 1300.
    Fcuk off, off to Laya probably.

Ahh, Mammys house secured his borrowings, why did they not call it in.
    I dont what security he used, but maybe they're waiting for the Ma to kick the bucket?

I dont what security he used, but maybe they're waiting for the Ma to kick the bucket?

No it is open season, why are the holding back. Oh oh AIB have connections, they go back a long way.

The Sun says Brookes should settle for 3 concerts.....

Well obviously if the Sun says so, then that's what he should do :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

RayM wrote: »
    As long as it's not Kathleen Lynch, I don't mind. She should be kept far away from any department with a 'th' in the title.

Brilliant!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement