Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stood up by POF

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ruaille buaille

How do I find this facebook status thread? I could do with a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

i met a girl, shes was right nervous!, it was both of our first time online dating:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

How do I find this facebook status thread? I could do with a laugh

Before you click on the link below, I must warn you that a bottle of eye bleach is an absolute necessity-

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056238863/326#post84004476

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ciarakitten

Just wanted to post something here. I met my partner from this site and we have been together for over 5 years now. I think it depends on HOW you use the site. If you are pleasant to people and read their profiles carefully and only reply to people who state that they "want a relationship" and ignore those who state "casual dating/no commitment", you will meet people like yourself who are genuine. Thats very important because initially when I did it, I didnt look at that and met a load of idiots.Couldnt work out why until I signed off and in the exit recommendations, POF state that statistically those who only reply/meet or chat to those who have ticked "seeking a relationship" have met someone.

Yes, it takes a bit of time to meet the right one on that site but if yu think about it, it makes sense. You are meeting 1 -2 single people in your area who are looking to meet someone. There is no drink involved and its not 2am so you are probably in a better mind frame to make an impression and be yourself.

Good luck to you and dont give up because there is someone out there for you. Keep on motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,353 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Just wanted to post something here. I met my partner from this site and we have been together for over 5 years now. I think it depends on HOW you use the site. If you are pleasant to people and read their profiles carefully and only reply to people who state that they "want a relationship" and ignore those who state "casual dating/no commitment", you will meet people like yourself who are genuine. Thats very important because initially when I did it, I didnt look at that and met a load of idiots.Couldnt work out why until I signed off and in the exit recommendations, POF state that statistically those who only reply/meet or chat to those who have ticked "seeking a relationship" have met someone.

Yes, it takes a bit of time to meet the right one on that site but if yu think about it, it makes sense. You are meeting 1 -2 single people in your area who are looking to meet someone. There is no drink involved and its not 2am so you are probably in a better mind frame to make an impression and be yourself.

Good luck to you and dont give up because there is someone out there for you. Keep on motoring.

It's good to hear a success story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

thinly veiled op is a munter thread????

Advertisement