Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stood up by POF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Thought thread was about POV. I am disappoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

If the OP could sent give us a Link to your profile then we boards.ie lads
    Could tell the OP where she is going wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

This is rubbish. I thought the whole site stood you up.

Like you had a job interview to work for them and when you turned up they'd moved their offices or something.

Instead some girls just thought you were a bit fugly.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

POF = Zoosk on training wheels.
    IPod touch = iPhone in other words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

gugleguy wrote: »
    POF = Zoosk on training wheels.
    IPod touch = iPhone in other words

I completely don't get your iPod touch/iPhone thing there.

You're saying that the iPhone and the iPod Touch are the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

Steve O wrote: »
    It's window shopping really, works if yer decent looking or any type of woman.

I'm becoming accepting of my hermit status :D

I agree with you but I'd add that's it's probably OK if you're over 30. I know someone who's a borderline slob and he pulled a fairly respectable girl on it. He's over 30 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Pug160 wrote: »
    I agree with you but I'd add that's it's probably OK if you're over 30. I know someone who's a borderline slob and he pulled a fairly respectable girl on it. He's over 30 though.

Maybe I should lie about my age...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭warehouse1

p***s or f***y

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭GobblyNob

I had a look at that site. Couldn't ****ing figure it out. I just wanted to search for "byore" and "cork" but I had to answer a ****load of questions first so they could AUTOMATICALLY?!?! match me with other people!

So if I said I like Movies, I could be matched with some massive 90 year old granny who also loves movies!

Is that how it works? Is there any way to simply browse the byeuores?

GobblyNob wrote: »
    I had a look at that site. Couldn't ****ing figure it out. I just wanted to search for "byore" and "cork" but I had to answer a ****load of questions first so they could AUTOMATICALLY?!?! match me with other people!

So if I said I like Movies, I could be matched with some massive 90 year old granny who also loves movies!

Is that how it works? Is there any way to simply browse the byeuores?

Eh, use that username and you'll be just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Nope, I've met some of the chic's ~ and bloody hot they were too.

Two lads broke up with their wives over their carry on, lost the run of themselves (idiots).

Its certainly working for some people.

T'is some serious crack for sure, altho I dont reply on it all the time, but i've met some of the nicest girls on there. who were mental behind closed door's .. and mental i mean durty .. in a good way of course ..

You know you're popular on boards when your inbox and outbox are simultaneously full.

Did nobody else see the innuendo here ... bravo madam !! bravo !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Some of my mates are riding like fook off that site ~ hard luck op.

Playing pass the sti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Did nobody else see the innuendo here ... bravo madam !! bravo !
    I just knew you would! ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

Nope, I've met some of the chic's ~ and bloody hot they were too.

Two lads broke up with their wives over their carry on, lost the run of themselves (idiots).

Its certainly working for some people.

How old are the lads in question, and how old are the girls? I think it's much tougher to pull a decent girl online if you're under a certain age. Most attractive young girls are just window shopping in my opinion.

Playing pass the sti

Only got this laptop for christ sake, spat vodka all over it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Chucken wrote: »
    Plenty of farming?

Yup, Animal Farming ~ there's been a few pigs too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Buddy of mine was on it after break up, making bit of all sorts of yokes on it(his words not mine) some of the stories would make you cringe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

Hi just wondering what the story is with POF??!! Joined it 2 months ago and I have been asked out on 4 dates. Every single one either cancelled at the last minute with some lame made-up excuse (sick etc) or just didnt show up. I dont understand why someone would do this after 2-3weeks of messages back and forth.
    The only thing I can think of is they were too nervous? But then why join the site in the first place aaarrgghhhh :mad:

Ah..I see you are using ze acronyms

Ze people who are using the acronyms are being shot.

All people who use these little codes under the assumption that others inhabit their world rather than taking 10 seconds to type full words need to smb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Try okCupid OP, plenty of fish is full of time wasters.

I know a good few people who've met their other half on okCupid. Or benaughty if you just want the ride

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Join POF if you want your head done in. I've known a few people who have been on it and they all say the same things... Timewasters, prick teases, weirdos, users, liars (etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

I've met a good few girls off POF. Helps if you're not an atrocious looking individual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

cant be as bad as ok cupid? That site is dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

cant be as bad as ok cupid? That site is dire.

It's the best one I've used, hands down.

From the layout to the people on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭WOCM4

POF is the easiest to use and free.

Thats why its popular.

As I read here on boards, 'Not many fish but plenty of whales'

I aint gay but I looked at the lads hunting wimmins, and by god that was depressing for the future of humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tearwave

What's funny about a lot of (Irish girls in particular) , profiles on plenty of fish is they virtually all state "must not do drugs" as requirement for partners, then waffle on for the next 2 paragraphs about how they love "going out for drinks with me girlos" as a past time, or suggesting "few drinks" for a first date.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

WOCM4 wrote: »
    POF is the easiest to use and free.

Thats why its popular.

As I read here on boards, 'Not many fish but plenty of whales'

I aint gay but I looked at the lads hunting wimmins, and by god that was depressing for the future of humanity.

Or the girls that have a profile that says.
    xxxxooooxxxx JUS ASK xxooooxxxxx

Next to a photo of them and their 3 kids with their three dads.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,327 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I know a few lads who are getting plenty of action out of it. Two of them had to stop cause they couldn't Afford going out 3 dates a week ( nearly all resulting in carnal knowledge )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

@Anonoboy

I don't own an iPhone or iPod Touch.
    Go to
    http://www.apple.com
    to check up the specs on each.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It's a pity we can't have a thread for the dumbass stuff people put on that site.

If you want a laugh, do a search for people who do drugs more than 3 times per week. There are some very, very monged people on that site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Grayson wrote: »
    It's a pity we can't have a thread for the dumbass stuff people put on that site.

If you want a laugh, do a search for people who do drugs more than 3 times per week. There are some very, very monged people on that site.

Genuine question Grayson, but why would anyone WANT to go in search of idiots, let alone give them even more attention? That would only serve to further delude these people that their idiocy was somehow attractive?

I know what you mean and all by laughing at them, and sure, they set themselves up for it, but Jesus, isn't the facebook status thread enough already?

Maybe if you PM the Mods and ask could the same rules apply as the facebook thread would it be ok to start one off. I too could do with a laugh, but I imagine the more times I'd just facepalm! :pac:

Advertisement