Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Coriander taste awful to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Lamb tastes how sheep smells. Yuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

That's not genetic, everyone does it. Don't they?.......

I used to think so too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Larianne wrote: »
    Who puts celery in stews?

The holy trinity - onions, carrots, celery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Hermione* wrote: »
    I like coriander. Love ginger and lemongrass. I do cook celery but I prefer it in salads and juices. Apple, celery, natural yoghurt, herbs and lime juice = yum.

I really like Tony Flynn!

Holy people ruining a good stew.

Like everything else in this country!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

I have a similar issue with pork. Tastes vile, like faeces. Read that this is also a genetic thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Oh, radish's can feck off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭GoldenLight

Nope I love coriander (it tastes very earthy to me, great in meat dishes) I love cucumber, very refreshing, like a new wave, very similar to a honey melon, love celery, more it's texture but a very distinct watery peppery off it when it raw (and at it's best), rocket is similar but a good bit stronger on the peppery taste.

and by the way can someone make commercially good tasting scotch eggs, come on the sausage meat needs to have a proper sort of taste, (seasoning and herbs like) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I quite enjoy a Thai curry.

Oh, radish's can feck off too.

Oh I like them, kinda hot.

• Advertisement

Oh I like them, kinda hot.

Ew,

And hummous is also on my "nil by mouth" list!

Ew,

That was just really bad hummus. I do a good hummus.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Ew,

The list of foods you don't like must be longer than those you do like! Hummus is amazing!

That was just really bad hummus. I do a good hummus.

There is no such thing as good hummus! Well, Il decide next time I try it.
    Hermione* wrote: »
    The list of foods you don't like must be longer than those you do like!

No that's it Hermy! Oh green peppers.....everything else I'm down with! :pac:

Mushrooms?

Mushrooms?

Me likey!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I absolutely hate celery!!! Disgusting fibrous pee tasting thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Who puts celery in stews?

I haven't had it in a stew yet but will certainly try it next time I'm making one. Celery and wholegrain honey mustard are the secret ingredients to an amazing Shepards Pie. You don't taste the celery per se but it does something magical to the overall flavour of the dish.

I absolutely hate celery!!! Disgusting fibrous pee tasting thing!

You have tasted pee?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

There is no such thing as good hummus! Well, Il decide next time I try it.

LOL! Green peppers are actually one of the few things I don't like. Only good for cooking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

You have tasted pee?

Only my own, I swear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Cucumber is manky I can't eat it at all but it does feel nice and refreshing if put on your eyes :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Not overly fond of coriander but I usually only have it in Indian dishes where the taste of it masked with other stuff but cucumber is absolutely disgusting. Can barely even eat stuff that has had cucumber on it. A vile little vegetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I get a disgusting taste out of cucumber, can't get enough coriander. I can't grow enough of it to cook with it often though, the plants just end up dying on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭GoldenLight

Chestnut mushrooms, beautiful, I like the regular button sort, (used to hate them, they felt like slime in my mouth when I was younger)

It's like a certain blue cheese tastes like boot polish to me, ( never tasted boot polish in my life) but this cheese tasted exactly like black boot polish that was seating in our press, at age seven I got everyone in my house to taste the cheese and smell the boot polish, and then tell me I was wrong (no one did probably more out of fear of a hissy fit though, rather than me being right)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

In the USA, Coriander is known as Cilantro, so if you're looking online, try searcing for I Hate Cilantro too. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

It's the most vile disgusting food in the world and unfortunately, comes in a lot of dishes in Vietnam so I always have to ask for food without it.. I've been absolutely starving sitting in my girlfriend's parents house and had to skip the entire meal because there were specks of coriander in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

OP, give it a chance, you might get to like it. I didn't at first but now I really appreciate it in Indian or stir-fried noodles, even though I can still get the soapy taste. I wouldn't eat it without spicy food though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I love coriander, tastes great to me. I love Thai, Indian and Mexican food so it's an essential ingredient.
    amacca wrote: »
    I kinda have the same thing about celery tho....particularly in stews...god how I hate it even if it supposedly is a good flavour enhancer

I loathe celery in dishes. I see people eating it raw in salads and crudites and wonder how they can enjoy it when I think it tastes so vile.
    With one exception-when I add it to soups and blitz the soup with a hand blender to a smooth consistency so I no longer taste the slices on their own.

It does indeed enhance certain recipes like many soups, but for me only when it's thoroughly mixed in with other ingredients. In a stew when I can see and taste it on it's own is a no-no.

• Advertisement

I love spices and eat a wide range of foods. Love Mexican.

Have acquired a taste for many things but Cilantro/Coriander I know I`ll never acquire a taste for. Tastes vile to me, like some sort of chemical. This explains it

Drives me mad when it is added to food as a matter of course in mexican restaurants.

Advertisement