Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Seomra Caidrimh - Ullmhú don Scrúdú Béil

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Go n-eirí an t-adh libh go léir! Beidh mo bhéaltriail an seachtain seo chugainn!

Tá mé an-neirbhíseach anois..

(I'm very nervous now)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Go n-eiri an t-adh libh maidir leis na scrudithe. Beidh gach rud ar fheabhas, na bi buattha. Is feidir linn!

Good luck everyone with the exams. Everything will go great, don't worry about it. We can do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Ceist, conas is féidir leat a rá 'We have lived' nó aon rud le 'have' mar cuid den aimsir chaite. Tá a fhios agam i Spannis go bhfuil sé an 'Perfect tense' ach níor d'fhoghlaim mé an aimsir seo riamh sa Ghaeilge. :(

Question, how do you say 'we have lived' or anything with 'have' as part of the past tense? I know that in Spanish it's part of the 'perfect tense' but I never learned this tense before in Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Emerald Shilling

0mega wrote: »
    Ceist, conas is féidir leat a rá 'We have lived' nó aon rud le 'have' mar cuid den aimsir chaite. Tá a fhios agam i Spannis go bhfuil sé an 'Perfect tense' ach níor d'fhoghlaim mé an aimsir seo riamh sa Ghaeilge. :(

Question, how do you say 'we have lived' or anything with 'have' as part of the past tense? I know that in Spanish it's part of the 'perfect tense' but I never learned this tense before in Irish.

Tá tú albalta á rá "Bhí mé i mo chonaí nuair á bhí mé nios oige" no rud cosúil le seo. Céapaim gur caithfidh tú an Aimsir Chaite á úsaid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

It depends on the context really. You could use the Aimsir Ghnáthchaite if a change has come about in the situation or just use the Aimsir Chaite. I'm using Mair (to exist) as the verb because I'm not sure what context you mean to live really.

Mhairimis - AGc

Mhaireamar- AC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Nil a fhios agam riamh go bhfuil 'perfect tense' i mbearla gan tracht ar an ngaeilge :L Dearfainn "taimid inar gconai" i.e. taimid inar gconai anseo ar feadh ocht mbliana

I never knew there was a perfect tense in English, let alone Irish! I would say.......as in "we have lived here for eight years"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

"We have lived...." Did you mean a place you lived in?
    You could turn the phrase around...to make it easier and say.......at that time we lived in X

Ag an am sin bhí muid(ne) in ár gcónaí i(n) X

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

ChemHickey wrote: »
    It depends on the context really. You could use the Aimsir Ghnáthchaite if a change has come about in the situation or just use the Aimsir Chaite. I'm using Mair (to exist) as the verb because I'm not sure what context you mean to live really.

Mhairimis - AGc

Mhaireamar- AC

Go raibh maith agat, níor chuala mé riamh faoin Aimsir Ghnáithchaite! :o

Has anyone had their Oral yet?
    I had mine Monday and it went very well. Examiner couldn't have been nicer.
    Sraith - Timpiste sa Colaiste Samhraidh.
    Dan- Mo Ghra-sa.
    General conversation was great, allowed me to talk forever about the usual topics. And spoke about 3 of my past times. No topical news questions. Social problems and a modh coinnoilach.
    Now just for the written :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Has anyone had their Oral yet?
    I had mine Monday and it went very well. Examiner couldn't have been nicer.
    Sraith - Timpiste sa Colaiste Samhraidh.
    Dan- Mo Ghra-sa.
    General conversation was great, allowed me to talk forever about the usual topics. And spoke about 3 of my past times. No topical news questions. Social problems and a modh coinnoilach.
    Now just for the written :)

I don't have mine 'till Wednesday, but I hope I get an examiner like that haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Finished the Irish Oral last monday. I was the 1st person in (damn surname) so I wasn't sure what to expect from the examiner. She was real young (and unreal fine) so I wasn't sure if she was gonna be a b**** about the oral or not. The poem was grand (An tEarrach Thiar), the picture sequences were lying in a pile on the table with the 1st face up, so I picked that one cause I knew it pretty well ( Fadbhanna ar saoire). The general conversation was ridiculously simple. She just asked about myself so I just started about myself and my family, she kept interrupting me every ten words with questions I was about to answer in my next sentence anyway :L It was really random too, I was talking about college next year, HPAT and medicine when she suddenly asked me does my school have a kitchen for students? I'm just glad they only record the voices cause my face was looking like WTF.
    Not one question about my area, or my hobbies, or social problems. And I kept plugging in everywhere that I wanted to talk about the economic crisis ( I mentioned it at least 4 times). She wouldn't bite......da bitch.

Not so optimistic about getting an A1 anymore but I wasn't counting on Irish for points.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

An ndéanann an abairt seo ciall? "Thuig sé cé chomh buartha ina raibh sí"...sounds natural to say but I don't know! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

HPMS wrote: »
    An ndéanann an abairt seo ciall? "Thuig sé cé chomh buartha ina raibh sí"...sounds natural to say but I don't know! :)

Yep :P déanann.

(Déarfainn "cé chomh imníoch a raibh sí" ach tá an dá rud ceart agus sin mise agus is fearr liom ag baint úsáid as imní in áit buartha (for no reason whatsoever!)) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Yep :P déanann.

(Déarfainn "cé chomh imníoch a raibh sí" ach tá an dá rud ceart agus sin mise agus is fearr liom ag baint úsáid as imní in áit buartha (for no reason whatsoever!)) :P

Míle, míle buíochas! Scrúdú cainte Dé Máirt agus táim ag déanamh iarracht na sraith pictiúrí a fhoghlaim! :)

Advertisement