Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB: 2013 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

I don't think I've ever seen a team unable to handle the wall at Fenway as the Rays are tonight. Rodriguez seems to be completely flummoxed out in left field.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

All good now that I'm Airplaying from my phone. It really shouldn't have to be like this though. The Apple TV app has been appalling this evening.

Anyway really hope our bullpen can hold out here tonight. Would be a big win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Anyone else see this? It's very well done.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?topic_id=7417714&content_id=31079063

mod9maple wrote: »
    Anyone else see this? It's very well done.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?topic_id=7417714&content_id=31079063

and narrated by Ray Liotta ... of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

A-Rod - the story that keeps on giving. Now he's suing MLB for having a witch hunt to get him out of the league.

http://deadspin.com/alex-rodriguezs-suit-against-mlb-is-the-years-best-ba-1441117645
    Nobody is safe from A-Rod and his legal team :rolleyes:
    http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/10/05/sports/baseball/ap-bba-yankees-rodriguez-lawsuits.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

Another player we wont be seeing next season is Matt Harvey, he has decided to go under the knife to fix his elbow. Probably the best move for him long term...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Coeus wrote: »
    Another player we wont be seeing next season is Matt Harvey, he has decided to go under the knife to fix his elbow. Probably the best move for him long term...

Yeah, definitely the right decision. Roll on 2015.....

Nice set of DS going on at the moment. Three series tied at 1-1 and the Rays are where they want to be ....facing elimination games!

I must say I really enjoyed yesterday's Pirates/Cards game. I must admit I was flicking back and forth with the NFL so didn't see it all but it was great to watch. I know he lost yesterday but Carlos Beltran really is a great player.

I have a really busy week in work this week so hope we close out the series tonight. 11pm start isn't the worst but if it's going to be a few late nights this week I may be in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I must say I really enjoyed yesterday's Pirates/Cards game. I must admit I was flicking back and forth with the NFL so didn't see it all but it was great to watch. I know he lost yesterday but Carlos Beltran really is a great player.

Unbelievable crowd atmosphere in Pittsburgh yesterday. I thought the same thing in the first game vs the Reds. That park is worth a run or two.

Some really interesting match ups now. If the Rays can be the rays and win tonight then there could be some really interesting games this week!

• Advertisement

Unbelievable crowd atmosphere in Pittsburgh yesterday. I thought the same thing in the first game vs the Reds. That park is worth a run or two.

Some really interesting match ups now. If the Rays can be the rays and win tonight then there could be some really interesting games this week!

I think there will be more and more night games as we move on but we've been spoilt with the amount of day & early evening games we've had since the playoffs began. It's been great.

I think there will be more and more night games as we move on but we've been spoilt with the amount of day & early evening games we've had since the playoffs began. It's been great.

True enough but most weekend games will be day/evening games so we can live with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Oakland in a good position to take a 2-1 series lead!
    LA will come through as well I think.

Final 4:
    Boston and Oakland
    LA and Pitt

The commentators on the Det/Oak game just said that Kershaw's going on short rest tonight so the Dodgers are really looking to kill off the series tonight.

Oakland win it and there was a few cheers (2 or 3) from the Oakland fans!
    I love crowd silencing!

Didnt realise Pitt (0) and St Louis (2) was in the 6th already!
    Wacha pitching really well in a crucial game!

Oakland win it and there was a few cheers (2 or 3) from the Oakland fans!
    I love crowd silencing!

Nice bench clearing row over nothing as well. Mics caught some nice language too!

Damn you Rays! That was a long long game. Not sure I can handle another game tonight

8-10 wrote: »
    Damn you Rays! That was a long long game. Not sure I can handle another game tonight

In all seriousness , this Rays team really seems to epitomise the word clutch. Tony Romo should drop over and ask them how they do it when the pressure is on.

8-10 wrote: »

I dozed off about half past one and woke up at 3. Was surprised the game was still on.
    Nothing for me tonight. Can't be doing an all-nighters during the week.

sleepy-smiley.gif

• Advertisement

DubTony wrote: »
    I dozed off about half past one and woke up at 3. Was surprised the game was still on.
    Nothing for me tonight. Can't be doing an all-nighters during the week.

sleepy-smiley.gif

I'm planning on napping after dinner (+ a few whiskeys) and waking up at 2 and watch from there. Not sure if it'll happen.

I'd love to just get up at 5 and watch straight through but I've tried that numerous times before and always gotten the result when trying to search for the game.

Either way I'm working from home tomorrow!

Oakland up 1-0.early doors.
    Can they wrap it up...?

Unbelievable by Scherzer. Talk about pressure pitching!

This game is tense as hell. Let's go Sox!

Koji. Awesome. Bedtime. ALCS time

Following on from the Brian McCann and his insistence that the game is played the right way, I thought this was funny

http://www.sportspickle.com/2013/10/mlb-announces-plan-dispatch-braves-players-remaining-playoff-sites-monitor-game-respecting

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

So it's Red Sox v Tigers. Feel for the A's. Would have liked to have seen them go further. Think the Sox will wear down the Tigers in the ALCS.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Sammo13

Really like the Sox against the Tigers... rotation not set yet, but Clay might go 2 and Lackey 3..Thought A's were very poor at the plate and especially the at bats against Scherzer in G4... Agree think Sox will wear down the pitchers and Tigers have failed to deliver in recent years, last year against the Giants, swept 4 zip, year before Rangers smacked them all over the place in ALCS.. going with sox in 5...:cool:

Great performance from Carlos Beltran last night, both with the bat and in the field.

• Advertisement

Great performance from Carlos Beltran last night, both with the bat and in the field.

Puig looked good in the field too but man he was awful at bat. 0-6

Advertisement