Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You 'feels' you lose

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My mother had a transplant about 8 years ago. She wanted to get in touch with the donors family but was told she couldn't. However she was allowed to write a letter to the family which, IMO, is enough. You've no idea how either side would react, the only way of knowing is by contacting them and as was said above, by then it's too late.

+1, We donated my wife's organs and we still have the letters from the recepients.
    My son and I and I look at them often and talk about how even though we lost his Mam....
    That her choice to donate meant that across the country there are 4 other families who have their Mam, Dad, Son, Daughter, brother or sister because his Mam made a brave choice and a huge gift.
    Her choice meant 4 other families have the ****storm of grief postponed and a chance to build many more memories.
    The letters from the recipients are a treasured gift, but I would never want to knowingly meet them or know who they are.
    Knowing who they are would bring expectations, and apart from them appreciating the 2nd chance they have been given....
    I never ever want to anything else about them.
    We probably have met at the yearly organ donor/recipients mass but even in that setting, it is a celebration of life, remembering those lost and the lives that loss helped save/prolong.

I think finding the recipient and listening to the heart, is unethical, unhealthy and odd....
    Its no longer her daughters Heart, its the recipients 2nd chance.....
    Let them have that chance with as little guilt or expectation placed upon them as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Saw a link for this film on the Baaaaaaaww thread, lost big time on this film. easily one of the saddest films i've watched...Beautiful movie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

major bill wrote: »
    Saw a link for this film on the Baaaaaaaww thread, lost big time on this film. easily one of the saddest films i've watched...Beautiful movie

don't watch

do not want

one of the saddest most gut wrenching films you will ever see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

This was in the news the other day, made me have the feels

The obituary for a 99-year-old veteran with no family requested that any available soldiers attend his funeral. The Internet responded.

On October 25th, Harold Jellicoe Percival died in his nursing home in Lancashire, UK, at the age of 99. Percival was a veteran of WWII, and being single, he had no family to attend his funeral service. So the funeral home included in his obituary (below), a request for any servicemen in the area to attend.

528108ae4948a.jpg

Not content to let this soldier's memorial attendance be reliant on devotees to old media, the Internet did what it could to make sure the service got packed.
    The image was posted online and quickly went viral on Twitter. A reddit post calling on reddit users to attend was upvoted to the top of the front page for most of the weekend. The funeral was held today, Remembrance Day in the UK, and according to BBC News, "About a hundred people were inside [the service] with another 400 standing silently outside in the rain.

BYyQc8KIYAAa1r2.jpg

BYyO3y5IYAA0Yle.jpg

BYySi97IYAEpnl7.jpg

Percival was a member of the RAF, and served as ground crew on Operation Chastise in May 1943, also known as the "Dambuster Raids" as the target of the raids were German dams.

:-'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

^^^^Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.-Winston Churchill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Very heavy stuff.. Holding back the tears. What an amazing man with very powerful words.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Very heavy stuff.. Holding back the tears. What an amazing man with very powerful words.

wow...that hit me like a punch to the gut. So sincere and so so visceral. Thanks for sharing it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Make a wish foundation make a boys wish come true. They turn San Francisco into Gotham and 5 year old Miles into Batman :)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-make-a-wish-foundation

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i found this was the one that hit me most

Goddamnit. My own OCD and own pedantic nature made me sure that video had been posted before, so I went through the thread to check. And now there's man tears. Damn this thread. Damn it!

Also, not sure if this was posted previously, but the user Argie, posted this extremely beautiful and moving poem over in the Creative Writing section a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Also, not sure if this was posted previously, but the user Argie, posted this extremely beautiful and moving poem over in the Creative Writing section a few years ago.

That poem has left me in a blubbering heap :/

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Man finds his dog alive after tornado *sniff*

Dog-2.jpg

Dog-3.jpg

Dog-5-634x356.jpg

Dog-6.jpg

Dog-7.jpg

Story taken from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
    Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
    Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
    Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
    Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
    Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
    Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
    My working week and my Sunday rest,
    My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
    I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
    Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
    Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
    For nothing now can ever come to any good.

W.H. Auden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

^^

funeral-scene-4-weddings.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Scudges Da

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

is somebody cutting onions in here?

Duno if its the hangover, but jaysus these are some great kids :(
    Prepare to have the feels

Sorry but I can't stop crying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzkOv0vvDI
    Mod: Family Guy Spoiler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Long, but full of feels:

a8W1vwO_700b_v1.jpg

Can't remember if this was posted before! This will always have me in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Ha I've made almost the exact sane speech to my mother a long time ago, I'd obviously seen this and used it as context.

Crazy the stuff you try to forget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Ahhhh jesus :( Lovely lovely idea, but so incredably heartbreaking. A man who lost his wife to cancer recreated his wedding photos with their daughter.

Moving-without-mom-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ahhhh jesus :( Lovely lovely idea, but so incredably heartbreaking. A man who lost his wife to cancer recreated his wedding photos with their daughter.
    http://cdn.visualnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Moving-without-mom-2.jpg
    I need to stop chopping these damn onions in work...

twas the one where they were dancing in the room that broke me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Lost so hard, dont know why i clicked into this thread :( lovely idea but so sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Am I the only one who thought that was, like, weird?

Am I the only one who thought that was, like, weird?

You're probably not the only one, but it definitely tugged at my heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I have literally thousands of pictures of my daughter, I would never recreate my wedding snaps with her in the place of my wife... WHAT THE ACTUAL FÚCK?

The relationship I have with my wife is completely and utterly different to that of my daughter and my wedding day held all sorts of meanings in emotional spheres my daughter doesn't sit in.

Advertisement