Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You 'feels' you lose

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

grown-up-10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Don't think this has been posted..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Ahhhh jesus :( Lovely lovely idea, but so incredably heartbreaking. A man who lost his wife to cancer recreated his wedding photos with their daughter.

game over for me :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I bet that guy wished he'd asked for more than socks and jocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Just came across this on my newsfeed
    http://www.today.com/holidayguide/years-after-death-wife-gives-husband-final-christmas-gift-2D11792103

And its broken me :/ I've lost so many times on this bloody thread but I keep coming back!
    I'm a widower myself, and this struck very close to home for me.
    The pain of loss changes over time, from the grief and agony of the bereavement...
    To the guilt that comes when you start feeling happiness again, because the person you lost isn't there to share it...
    To the stomach turning, vomit inducing guilt that being in a new relationship brings...
    Guilt because you feel like you are cheating on not 1, but 2 people that you care about :(
    The fear of the person you are with now, ever feeling 2nd best but not wanting to forget or gloss over the love you have for the woman who went before....
    For the 1st time in 7yrs my son and I are sharing our Christmas with someone, someone who has become very important to both of us and who will hopefully enjoy her time with us ;)
    The gesture by his wife is so lovely, it really shows how deeply she loved her husband that she would plan so far ahead and give her blessing from beyond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Yearning4Stormy

That's lovely, Banie :)

Related (and somewhat extended) article here -> http://www.her.ie/family/two-years-after-her-death-one-woman-gives-an-amazing-gift-to-her-family/

God bless you, I hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

1476005_658826000822298_1402009203_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

alzheimers-request.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I'm guessing it's very likely this has been posted before, but not going through 300+ posts...if it has, apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

This paper was turned in by a 2nd grader with Autism.

He deserves an A+.

84z8ry.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭csm

Dyslexia maybe? Not autism.

Obligpic
    dwightwide.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, autism. He alphabetised the letters within the words, misunderstanding the question.

I'm not sure if the actual story is true; it seems like a mistake that could be made any 8 year old, but either way I'd give them full marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭csm

Ah right, my bad. I'm clearly not high functioning...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

^ Sounds like my son (who has autism). He takes things REALLY literally, and I could definitely see him doing something like that!
    He'd be the opposite of dyslexic (if it were in fact possible to be opposite to dyslexic!) - He is an excellent reader and speller.

ericl wrote: »
    This paper was turned in by a 2nd grader with Autism.

He deserves an A+.

84z8ry.jpg

i dont get why he would ??:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

A V A wrote: »
    i dont get why he would ??:confused::confused:

Read a few posts above.

Read a few posts above.

kinda failling to see why he would deserve an A?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭Banneret

<<<snip>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

kinda failling to see why he would deserve an A?:confused:

Because they did what was asked, maybe not what the examiner wanted, but they should have been more specific on their question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Lana del rey on stage on vicar street in dublin, tears up because of how much the audience shows their appreciation after she explains that people have said a lot of stuff about her and she appreciates all her fans and the crowd sings along with her. nice feels.

i could post countless of gig where the same thing has happened, i dont find it baww sometimes, its just acting the pricl sometimes to me, great acting aswell :P

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Because they did what was asked, maybe not what the examiner wanted, but they should have been more specific on their question

yeah they did what was asked and yes they examiner should have been more specific but still why should they get an A+:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

This one always makes me well up a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

i could post countless of gig where the same thing has happened, i dont find it baww sometimes, its just acting the pricl sometimes to me, great acting aswell :P

ah yeah i know what ya mean, its not really a bawww moment its more of a feel good kinda thing i dont think she was acting there at all and i couldnt help but smile at it and be kinda proud of the irish audience showing their warmth and appreciation for her. good feels like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

This really hits me in the feels. Sure you can say it's somewhat just Woolworths profiting from Nelson Mandela's death, but this is a beautiful song and this type of singing has always had a special place in my heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Don't think this has been posted. It's kind of long, but well worth the watch. Incredible story, watch the first couple of minutes and you probably won't switch it off.

Advertisement