Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You 'feels' you lose

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Guys takes a photo of his wife's progress through cancer treatment (it doesn't have a happy ending)
    http://imgur.com/a/a1h6R

I had to scroll back to the top for few mins before clicking off :(

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Guys takes a photo of his wife's progress through cancer treatment (it doesn't have a happy ending)
    http://imgur.com/a/a1h6R

really beautiful looking girl.:(

please God cancer research makes that big break through that the whole of mankind wishes for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Agueroooo wrote: »
    really beautiful looking girl.:(

please God cancer research makes that big break through that the whole of mankind wishes for.

They already have it. There is no money in cures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Conspiracy theory forum thataway ->

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

May or may not /b/ true, but still a good feels story

WW0C4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Well its from 4chan so im just happy it didnt end with "and that's how i became the prince of bel-air"

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

what an apt username
    there's plenty of money for a cure. now prevention is whats needed

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

This makes me feels :(
    the_best_way_to_make_fun_of_dumb_instagram_pictures_post_stupid_text_on_them-125831.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

This makes me feels :(

Not sure if serious...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

1392071_582737235131883_557361432_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

1452213_10151970811838630_1542218599_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

^^ Agh, I felt that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

My brother volunteers in a cat sanctuary. Its a sanctuary for big cats. We visited him over the weekend and got some photos and videos. The video here is of one of the 2 Amur leopards they have. Their are only an estimated 35 left in the wild with 100-200 in captivity. Such a magnificent beast that may well be extinct very shortly due to inbreeding and human interference.
    Standing so close to them is an amazing experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

aBK89mQ_460sa.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Jaysus :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

No need for that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Should have worn his helmet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Is it wrong that I struggled not to cry at that because there were others in the room, but ended up having to leg it to the bathroom to shed a few tears?

Good God, that was sad... :( Very well done, though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

*sniffle* Good lord :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Can't describe how much I disliked that. Might as well have just put up a gif of a puppy being repeatedly punched in the face. Would have had about as much substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Jeez Louise, that family has some awfully bad luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

For those who don't want to click on a link to "jesus-loves-you" it's about a mother who donates her daughter's organs after an accident. Then she tracks down the recipient of her daughter's heart (totally against the rules of any donation) and listens to the person's heart beating with a stethoscope.

In my opinion this is a horrible thing to do to the recipient, who probably already suffers from guilt at "someone else dying so I could live". Having the added pressure of the family tracking you down (surely a breach of privacy) could be absolutely horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

nibtrix wrote: »
    For those who don't want to click on a link to "jesus-loves-you" it's about a mother who donates her daughter's organs after an accident. Then she tracks down the recipient of her daughter's heart (totally against the rules of any donation) and listens to the person's heart beating with a stethoscope.

In my opinion this is a horrible thing to do to the recipient, who probably already suffers from guilt at "someone else dying so I could live". Having the added pressure of the family tracking you down (surely a breach of privacy) could be absolutely horrific.

It depends on how the recipient feels about it. The person who received the heart could be so thankful for a second chance, & has no issue in giving the mother some final comfort. Or others like you mention, would see it as invasive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Myrddin wrote: »
    It depends on how the recipient feels about it. The person who received the heart could be so thankful for a second chance, & has no issue in giving the mother some final comfort. Or others like you mention, would see it as invasive.

Sure, I get your point. Of course, you wouldn't know how they would feel about it until after you had tracked them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Isn't that horribly unethical?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

My mother had a transplant about 8 years ago. She wanted to get in touch with the donors family but was told she couldn't. However she was allowed to write a letter to the family which, IMO, is enough. You've no idea how either side would react, the only way of knowing is by contacting them and as was said above, by then it's too late.

Advertisement