Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cameron to curb welfare entitlements for migrants - Should Ireland follow suit?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Yes, it's everyone else's fault you can't articulate yourself sufficiently.
    Ha Ha, well ain't you the clever one.........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

A Greek lad I used to work with bragged about the fact that Greece only had a tiny far right party, considering the number of illegals in Greece. Showed how tolerant they were, apparently.

That was nine years ago. Now that tiny fringe party are polling as the third largest party in the state.

Be careful what you wish for.

I wish that people weren't just tolerant but open and welcoming and not given to blaming everything under the sun on immigrants, legal or otherwise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

old hippy wrote: »
    I wish that people weren't just tolerant but open and welcoming and not given to blaming everything under the sun on immigrants, legal or otherwise.

Such a utopia does not exist.

He was elected by fellow councillors. Isnt that the lad who claimed he fled Nigeria in fear for his life, yet when he became mayor, he went back home to a heroes welcome!

Oh yes? Over the years plenty of people have fled their countries in fear of their lives and have been able to come home when the political system has changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

He was elected by fellow councillors. Isnt that the lad who claimed he fled Nigeria in fear for his life, yet when he became mayor, he went back home to a heroes welcome!

He was elected to the council by ordinary votes dear boy.
    And all the bullshít in the world cant take away from that fact.

• Advertisement

Such a utopia does not exist.

Only your myopia, eh?

We shall overcome. Petty, vindictive monoculturalists will be consigned to the dustbin of history. It won't be easy but in the end, the hatreds and ignorance will fade.

Oh yes? Over the years plenty of people have fled their countries in fear of their lives and have been able to come home when the political system has changed.

He was refused asylum but got leave to remain as he spawned on the island. He then went back to the country he fled from seven years later - to a heroes welcome!

He was refused asylum but got leave to remain as he spawned on the island. He then went back to the country he fled from seven years later - to a heroes welcome!

He was elected, and referring to a person from Nigeria as having "spawned" just shows up your post for the bigoted racist crap it is!

Only your myopia, eh?

We shall overcome. Petty, vindictive monoculturalists will be consigned to the dustbin of history. It won't be easy but in the end, the hatreds and ignorance will fade.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2301743/How-invasion-immigrants-corner-England-mockery-PMs-promise-close-door.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I guarantee that you will change your tune eventually.

He's not an animal, Wayne. Over the years plenty of people have fled their countries in fear of their lives and have been able to come home when the political system has changed.

In the meantime, can you post some links to your story?

• Advertisement

I'd rather die than dance to your ugly monotone.

I'd rather die than dance to your ugly monotone.

You are brainwashed with this multiculti nonsense, so. Name one country were multiculturalism has been a success. Its a failed ideology and its proponents should be ridiculed and laughed it whenever they try and spread it.

You are brainwashed with this multiculti nonsense, so. Name one country were multiculturalism has been a success. Its a failed ideology and its proponents should be ridiculed and laughed it whenever they try and spread it.
    Your Favourite boy, Canada!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭johnty56

Yes, but Canada have very strict regulations in relation to who they let in

If by multiculturalism, you mean people of different races, religions and cultures living side by side and sharing traditions? London, where myself (son of an immigrant to Ireland) and my wife (East Asian, worked in Dublin - contributed) live is fine. Yeah, it's not perfect but it's a lot better than the grim future you and your fellow travellers in the BNP/ICP would paint.

As for laughs and ridicule, Wayne - you're doing just fine yourself. We've seen plenty like you come & go, espousing the same hatred and filth. It won't work, a chara. It will never work because most ordinary decent people are above your crusade.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Canada with its strict immigration control

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

I almost don't have a problem with EU citizens claiming our social welfare, paid for by our taxes.

But I regularly see different nationalities from outside the EU in the post office with their 'get-free-money monopoly card'. Why should they be allowed collect anything?

I could not do the same thing in the states, so why is it allowed here?

johnty56 wrote: »
    Yes, but Canada have very strict regulations in relation to who they let in
    Gatling wrote: »
    Canada with its strict immigration control

The question asked was "name one country in which multiculuralism has been a success?", the obvious answer is Canada which in the 1970's became the first country in the world to offically adopt it. The question posed did not relate to immigration control but rather to multiculturalism.

jme2010 wrote: »
    I almost don't have a problem with EU citizens claiming our social welfare, paid for by our taxes.

But I regularly see different nationalities from outside the EU in the post office with their 'get-free-money monopoly card'. Why should they be allowed collect anything?

I could not do the same thing in the states, so why is it allowed here?

Simple if we don't pay these non nationals were a bunch of tattooed BNP white supremacist's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

jme2010 wrote: »

Wtf?

• Advertisement

The question asked was "name one country in which multiculuralism has been a success?", the obvious answer is Canada which in the 1970's became the first country in the world to offically adopt it. The question posed did not relate to immigration control but rather to multiculturalism.

But this whole thread is about immigration control
    Does multiculturalism work or are people in favour is a separate thread

Simple if we don't pay these non nationals were a bunch of tattooed BNP white supremacist's

O - there ye are.

Are you going to back up your position that its possible to arrive and claim, or are you going to do the decent thing and withdraw it?

Will you be as good as to answer the question put to you here?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...&postcount=620

Does multiculturalism work or are people in favour is a separate thread

multiculturalism =/= foreigners in the country.

Nonsense. Nick Griffin wears a suit and afaik, doens't sport any tattoos.

Try again, a specific question was asked, it was specifically about multiculturalsim, I answered it specifically, sorry if that offends you.

Nonsense. Nick Griffin wears a suit and afaik, doens't sport any tattoos.

Yeah your able to come in hear shouting racists for people wanting immigration control

Yeah your able to come in hear shouting racists for people wanting immigration control

No, I think the "racist" thing is more due to the wild claims, the failure to back up same, the "invasion by stealth crap"....you know, that kind of xenophobic bile.

I'm engaging with one or two individuals with dubious things to say about non nationals.

Do you understand?

Nodin wrote: »
    No, I think the "racist" thing is more due to the wild claims, the failure to back up same, the "invasion by stealth crap"....you know, that kind of xenophobic bile.

But you spout colonisation is evil in other threads yet the hypocritical statement believe that other nationals don't have a right to a country they were born in

• Advertisement

But you spout colonisation is evil in other threads yet the hypocritical statement believe that other nationals don't have a right to a country they were born in

This is not colonisation, you pumpkin. We're not under the yolk of some far off despot who's sent his armed forces to take the country :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement