Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cameron to curb welfare entitlements for migrants - Should Ireland follow suit?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

No it isn't except by a few nuts maybe, and right wing recactionary types, oops same thing!

You realise that Australia has been governed by the left wing labour party since 2007, right?

Are they right wing reactionaries? Or by right wing reactionaries, do you mean people who dont support your views?

Didn't happen, posted on the internet by a shíte stirrer, you know the type someone with a racist extreme right agenda.

I dont think you even believe that yourself.

mattjack wrote: »

Again he's here four weeks , got a PPS number and a medical card that quick ... now he is a fast mover.

Maybe the organisation you work for can give the lad a bit of working advising people who didnt meet the hrc requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Wayne , oh Wayne are you there ? .

I decided to have a read of that forum you were rattling on about , it does make for interesting reading .Apparently our new emigrant was here before for five years that might mean he'd have PPS number , wouldn't it Wayne and low and behold he's an UK citizen , so its not as if he just turned up

Here's his post

I am a UK national who lived in Ireland from 1998 to 2003. Since then I lived in the UK until a year ago when I moved to Nicaragua to carry out voluntary work. In the past year I visited my girlfriend in Peru twice and am now located there.

In early January 2013 we hope to marry. I plan to move to Ireland in late January and hopefully she and her 9 year old son can follow around the beginning of March.

Just for yourself Wayne , the same rules are applied to UK nationals and Irish nationals regarding HRC.

Maybe the organisation you work for can give the lad a bit of working advising people who didnt meet the hrc requirements.

Yes they can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Push Pop

I decided to have a read of that forum you were rattling on about , it does make for interesting reading .Apparently our new emigrant was here before for five years that might mean he'd have PPS number , wouldn't it Wayne and low and behold he's an UK citizen , so its not as if he just turned up

Here's his post

I am a UK national who lived in Ireland from 1998 to 2003. Since then I lived in the UK until a year ago when I moved to Nicaragua to carry out voluntary work. In the past year I visited my girlfriend in Peru twice and am now located there.

In early January 2013 we hope to marry. I plan to move to Ireland in late January and hopefully she and her 9 year old son can follow around the beginning of March.

Just for yourself Wayne , the same rules are applied to UK nationals and Irish nationals regarding HRC.

However these people got in is irrelevant at this stage. They are here to stay and tax payers can look forward to another strata of the exponentially growing welfare class.
    On another level is the 'West' paying reparations to developing countries by letting these abuses happen?

Push Pop wrote: »
    However these people got in is irrelevant at this stage. They are here to stay and tax payers can look forward to another strata of the exponentially growing welfare class.
    On another level is the 'West' paying reparations to developing countries by letting these abuses happen?

You have me there Champ , what do you mean by the 'West' paying reparations to developing countries in the context of this thread ?

You have me there Champ , what do you mean by the 'West' paying reparations to developing countries in the context of this thread ?

By taking in immigrants from developing countries, giving them job opportunities then allowing them to stay indefinitely on JSA, housing lists etc.
    The Left think that the West has plundered and stripped developing countries of their resources and now by letting them in en masse especially in the UK, we are giving something back?
    Now Cameron wants to cease that.
    Bit of a tangent but still relevant.
    (Also, please don't address me as 'Champ')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

No do go on arrive on a plane and head to the nearest welfare office and see what entitlements you would get. It would be a lot less than what they are getting straight off the plane here. Just an idea like to see it from both sides of the coin.

It's irrelevant.

By taking in immigrants from developing countries, giving them job opportunities then allowing them to stay indefinitely on JSA, housing lists etc.
    The Left think that the West has plundered and stripped developing countries of their resources and now by letting them in en masse especially in the UK, we are giving something back?

Fair enough ,

have you read any of his posts on that forum .
    He's a UK national who's lived here before and is in the process of setting up a business , his wife has secured part time work.
    Id imagine he's a bad example to use as an immigrant.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Nodin wrote: »
    It's irrelevant.
    How so??

Really now if you arrived in Largos and went to the nearest welfare office what would you get entitlement wise??

I had no idea "the West" was such a cohesive political body......

Fair enough ,

He's a UK national who's lived here before and is in the process of setting up a business , his wife has secured part time work.

I have and he seems to have his head screwed on and I imagine he wishes to add positively to society. He is availing of government assistance as a temporary aid which is it's stated purpose.
    By the way I have great respect for those who work with the homeless, fair play to you.

How so???

WTF has what happens in terms of African social welfare got to do with here?

You can't get off a plane and claim here either.

And why do you use Nigeria as an example?

Here's his post

Nope, I was fiddling about on google and found the post I linked to. Read the rest there now. Its seems hes looking to become self employed and his missus found work.

Welcome and g'luck to them.

WTF has what happens in terms of African social welfare got to do with here?

And why do you use Nigeria as an example?

Do you believe in the principle of reciprocity? There are 70 different nationalities on the housing list in fingal. Other than in the U.K., where would an Irish family receive a council gaff?

Fair enough ,

Nope, I was fiddling about on google and found the post I linked to. Read the rest there now. Its seems hes looking to become self employed and his missus found work.

Welcome and g'luck to them.

I read it too , 'magine that.

Do you believe in the principle of reciprocity?

You'll pardon me if I don't bother getting too close to whatever self justifying notion people pull out of their ass.
    There are 70 different nationalities on the housing list in fingal. Other than in the U.K., where would an Irish family receive a council gaff?

I've no idea - its irrelevant. They can't arrive here and claim either. As has been pointed out once or twice before.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

What's this actually based off ?
    Are you involved with social welfare ?

Its not having ago but its easy to come to a forum and say no it not happening ,and everybody else is wrong

Gatling wrote: »
    What's this actually based off ?
    Are you involved with social welfare ?

Its not having ago but its easy to come to a forum and say no it not happening ,and everybody else is wrong

You Cannot Arrive Here And Claim.

As I asked earlier - If it is is possible, where does it say its possible to do so? Hmmm?

• Advertisement

You Cannot Arrive Here And Claim.

As I asked earlier - If it is is possible, where does it say its possible to do so? Hmmm?

So its just your opinion then

You'll pardon me if I don't bother getting too close to whatever self justifying notion people pull out of their ass.

I've no idea - its irrelevant. They can't arrive here and claim either. As has been pointed out once or twice before.

Its absolutely relevant. Why are we, a bankrupt rock off europe,housing 30, 000 non irish families, of which, there are at least 70 different nationalities, when only one, houses our citizens?

Only the citizens of the U.K should be allowed social housing here, as thats a reciprocal deal. The rest should be given a tent or a flight ticket.

So its just your opinion then

You don't seem too clued up on how this works. You have asserted that its possible to arrive here and claim. It's up to you to show that it is. I'll even make it easy for you, by saying the information - should it be there - would be on a government website or one advising on government services. Now off ye go.

Its absolutely relevant. Why are we, a bankrupt rock off europe,housing 30, 000 non irish families, of which, there are at least 70 different nationalities, when only one, houses our citizens?

Only the citizens of the U.K should be allowed social housing here, as thats a reciprocal deal. The rest should be given a tent or a flight ticket.

Pig ignorant xenophobic bollocksology of the first order.

Imagine , Wayne , if all thirty thousand families asked for a tent .

Pig ignorant xenophobic bollocksology of the first order.

Hahaha. Its xenophobic to think housing 30, 000 non Irish families is a bit mad, considering our financial predicament?

The majority of sovereign states in this world must be very xenophobic so. Very few states house 70 different nationalities for free.

Imagine , Wayne , if all thirty thousand families asked for a tent .

Be a lot cheaper.

It would send out a message - Paddyland is no longer a soft touch.

Again its your sole opinion

Again its your sole opinion

No, you made an assertion. It's for you to prove it. The link to the requirements was posted earlier. You have to prove that somewhere theres a place where these are discounted and the Government actively pays people who arrive.

No anecdotes, either from you, your mates or your in-laws who run a garage and saw the cheque, btw. Because the plural of anecdote is "bollocks".

• Advertisement

Again its only your opinion it doesn't happen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement