Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cameron to curb welfare entitlements for migrants - Should Ireland follow suit?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Duzzer wrote: »
    From personal experience I think Cameron is right. You have all types of "refugees" here claiming welfare never having contributed or having any intention of working here after getting citizenship. I see it everyday. Plenty on here living in middle class bliss arguing in favour of full entitlements for migrants, haven't got a clue!

I really wouldn,t be paying a lot of attention to any UK policies , heavy handed at the very least would be the best way to describe some of them.

Have a look at the PTA or more recent attempts at alcohol/drug policy particularly in England and Wales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

All the proof in the world will still not get him to change his view.

None of the proof in the world certainly has no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

after the last ten or so pages gave me a brain aneurism I for one now wait in hope for the day when anarchism will remove all states and be the death of racists

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Nodin wrote: »
    None of the proof in the world certainly has no chance.
    Head out foreign so and see how well you are treated in any African or Eastern European country and let us know how you get on. I am sure it would make for a fascinating read to see what entitlements you would receive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Head out foreign so and see how well you are treated in any African or Eastern European country and let us know how you get on. I am sure it would make for a fascinating read to see what entitlements you would receive.

Brilliant answer that. Its up there with "But in Saudi Arabia they'd...." in terms of devastating rebuttals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,024 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ah ok - that proves HRC is not implemented.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Nodin wrote: »
    Brilliant answer that. Its up there with "But in Saudi Arabia they'd...." in terms of devastating rebuttals.
    No do go on arrive on a plane and head to the nearest welfare office and see what entitlements you would get. It would be a lot less than what they are getting straight off the plane here. Just an idea like to see it from both sides of the coin.

Jayzus.,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

Ah ok - that proves HRC is not implemented.

But this does - http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=129187

Four weeks here, one the dole and a medical card in the back pocket.

mattjack wrote: »
    :) Wayne , would'ya stop with that compare and contrast shite.

You want me to stop comparing Ireland's immigration policies with other wealthy western nations?

Why- does it make you uncomfortable?

• Advertisement

after the last ten or so pages gave me a brain aneurism I for one now wait in hope for the day when anarchism will remove all states and be the death of racists

Anyone that wants to bring down the Irish state should be strung up using piano wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Take the hypothetical situation of a Hungarian (or other eu newbie) who has worked in Ireland from 2005-2008,and upon redundancy has claimed jsb and rent allowance, yet is still unemployed in 2013. He could well be a great worker,and genuinely seeking employment,but, due to lack of skills and poor job prospects,cannot find work.

Said work might not be so forthcoming in his native land and Orban Viktor becomes yet more dictatorish,so decides to buckle down in Ireland. Is the lad a monster? Quite clearly not,but this sort of arrangement does not benefit Ireland.

Something has to change.

You want me to stop comparing Ireland's immigration policies with other wealthy western nations?

Why- does it make you uncomfortable?

Wayne , how you can make a connection between Irish back packers acting the maggot in Australia and Ireland's immigration policy has me .

Your second question is even more daft than your first comment.

You compare and contrast for me , then I'll add comment to any of your argument .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

The op in that post is British. Try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Mena wrote: »
    The op in that post is British. Try harder.

Irish , see words Garda ,and. Irish immigration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Well there ya have it ,a guy from Peru and his wife can come in and get dole within 4 weeks! We really are a soft touch:(

youtube! wrote: »
    Well there ya have it ,a guy from Peru and his wife can come in and get dole within 4 weeks! We really are a soft touch:(

That explains why we're over run with thousands of Peruvians , doesn't it ... there thousands of Peruvians where you are , right ?

Peruvians in the shops , at the schools , on the dole queue ... ???????

In fact they're at my door as we speak.........

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That explains why we're over run with thousands of Peruvians , doesn't it ... there thousands of Peruvians where you are , right ?

Peruvians in the shops , at the schools , on the dole queue ... ???????

In fact they're at my door as we speak.........

Reading an article earlier not sure how official it is ,
    According to Eu data Ireland has the highest Eu migration influx ie 2010 '2011'2012 an average of 50,000 to 42,000 pa travelled here and are still here ,that doesn't include numbers from the assesion states or non EU immigrants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Doesn't really matter where they are from but if you actually take the time to read the thread you will see what the problem is, I stand by what I said

WE REALLY ARE A SOFT TOUCH

Anyway I am outta here.

Doesn't really matter where they are from but if you actually take the time to read the thread you will see what the problem is, I stand by what I said

WE REALLY ARE A SOFT TOUCH

Anyway I am outta here.

When you say outta here , do you mean you're emigrating somewhere ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

When you say outta here , do you mean you're emigrating somewhere ?
    You are an intelligent poster with experience in this field, it would seem. Do you believe that the current system is working ok, or would you like to make changes,and if so, what changes?

crockholm wrote: »
    You are an intelligent poster with experience in this field, it would seem. Do you believe that the current system is working ok, or would you like to make changes,and if so, what changes?

Thanks , my end of things is working with people who are homeless or risk of being homeless alongside looking to access whatever welfare is there for them , so my view is from a particular standpoint.

So the HRC is something I see from time to time with both Irish and foreign nationals looking to satisfy it , it can be extremely difficult to satisfy.
    What surprises me here , is that some posters seem to actually have never heard of it , while others dont understand how it works at all.... and that,s ok , we live and learn.

Our system is just ok , I'm talking about welfare in general.
    I think Child benefit needs to be looked and also Rent Supplement .
    We tend to be reactive in response to issues without looking at the bigger picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Except, he's not from Peru.
    Please try reading things more thoroughly in the future, It may save you from being wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,024 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No. All it does is prove someone said it on the internet.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Except, he's not from Peru.
    Please try reading things more thoroughly in the future, It may save you from being wrong.

Read things thoroughly ? pfft .. don't you come in here with your common sense , logic and reasoning.

I'm being sarcastic , not to yourself mr.hooradiation .

Wayne , how you can make a connection between Irish back packers acting the maggot in Australia and Ireland's immigration policy has me .

Your second question is even more daft than your first comment.

You compare and contrast for me , then I'll add comment to any of your argument .

Listen, buddy. The Australian immigration system is lauded as one of the best in the world. Maybe we should replicate it, no?

The Irish who emigrated there have a choice - work or go home.

Proper order.

Read things thoroughly ? pfft .. don't you come in here with your common sense , logic and reasoning.

That lad is here four weeks and hes been hooked up with a medical card and the dole.

Makes a mockery of your whole 'its sooooo hard to satisfy hrc, I work in the charity industry'' spiel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Listen, buddy. The Australian immigration system is lauded as one of the best in the world. Maybe we should replicate it, no?

Proper order.

No it isn't except by a few nuts maybe, and right wing recactionary types, oops same thing!

Proper order.

I have no idea about Australia.
    That lad is here four weeks and hes been hooked up with a medical card and the dole.

Makes a mockery of your whole 'its sooooo hard to satisfy hrc, I work in the charity industry'' spiel.

Indeed it it does . Buddy.

Are ya getting a bit uncomfortable ? you know the way I was asked was I uncomfortable ..

Again he's here four weeks , got a PPS number and a medical card that quick ... now he is a fast mover.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Didn't happen, posted on the internet by a shíte stirrer, you know the type someone with a racist extreme right agenda.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement