Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP thread for people involved in film

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

'less famous'? :eek::confused:

RIP Sam, a giant of writing, stage and screen

Again, I'm going to say that there should be a single, simple RIP thread and not this weird arbitrary hierarchy of passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

"We just lost the initiative"
    "But I'm still goin' upstairs like a bat outta hell." :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

He died back in 2005.
    Y
    Early 2006 it was. I liked him in True Romance.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,098 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 27,936 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Watching RTE documentary on the making of Excalibur.

The following main cast members who have died were remembered near the end of the programme.

Nicol Williamson - Merlin.
    Nigel Terry - Arthur.
    Nicholas Clay - Launcelot.
    Corin Redgrave - Cornwall.
    Robert Addie - Mordred.
    Niall O'Brien - Kay.

I hope its ok mentioning them here in a single post as they havent been mentioned hitherto.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Robert Hardy has died aged 91. His best known film role was playing Minister Cornelius Fudge in the Harry Potter series.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hardy

On TV he was Siegfried Farnon in All Creatures Great and Small, and played Winston Churchill several times, most notably in Winston Churchill: The Wilderness Years, for which he won a BAFTA.

Joseph Bologna, an actor, playwright and screenwriter who was so memorable as the egotistical King Kaiser in the 1982 comedy classic My Favorite Year, has died. He was 82. Bologna died Sunday morning at City of Hope hospital in Duarte, Calif. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer three years ago, said his wife of 52 years, actress and screenwriter Renee Taylor. Bologna received an Oscar nomination for adapted screenplay, shared with his wife and David Zelag Goodman, for his work on Lovers and Other Strangers (1970).
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni61403279/

People on these shores may remember My Favorite Year as it starred Peter O'Toole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

William M. "Sonny" Landham

February 11, 1941 - August 17, 2017

He played tracker Billy Sole in the movie Predator. He had the best line for me in that film 'there's something out there, we're all gonna die'.

RIP

cid_1612E332-A87E-4BF5-9B73-E2009F0863A4hsd1_ca_comcast_net.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1362663918392

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Awe no :(

edit: just read his wiki article - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Landham

I think a week of Sonny Landham movies is in order now. Southern Comfort, Predator, 48 Hours, Lock Up, and if it can be found "Billy Lone Bear" who is running from the IRA on an Indian Reservation!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I think a week of Sonny Landham movies is in order now. Southern Comfort, Predator, 48 Hours, Lock Up, and if it can be found "Billy Lone Bear" who is running from the IRA on an Indian Reservation!
    Don't forget Best of the Best 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Heisenbug

tricky D wrote: »
    William M. "Sonny" Landham

February 11, 1941 - August 17, 2017

He played tracker Billy Sole in the movie Predator. He had the best line for me in that film 'there's something out there, we're all gonna die'.

RIP

cid_1612E332-A87E-4BF5-9B73-E2009F0863A4hsd1_ca_comcast_net.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1362663918392

"There's something out there waiting for us...and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

That line haunted me as a kid.

RIP Sonny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

6a7d8d37585a6a0f6cb26e95bdfd831c.jpg
    This moment in Predator was really badass.

Rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,298 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jerry Lewis has died aged 91. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

His best performances were as the nutty professor and the talkshow host Jerry Langford in the King of Comedy. He should have done more "serious" acting

Less Famous????

• Registered Users Posts: 18,914 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Couldn't stand hm myself. Never figured out what anyone saw in his "comedy".

But yeh, less famous....um....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Tony EH wrote: »
    Couldn't stand hm myself. Never figured out what anyone saw in his "comedy".

But yeh, less famous....um....

I wasn't really a fan either....until I saw The King Of Comedy.

Turned out playing the "straight man" worked quite well for him.

RIP.

Less Famous????

Start a thread for the man then.

As been said many times why does a thread have to be for less famous let it just be for anyone involved in film.

If people then feel the need to start an individual thread let them!

Start a thread for the man then.

As been said many times why does a thread have to be for less famous let it just be for anyone involved in film.

If people then feel the need to start an individual thread let them!

Except that the thread IS for less famous. Dislike that? Poll the forum users to change the title

• Advertisement

Except that the thread IS for less famous. Dislike that? Poll the forum users to change the title

Well as I said start a thread for the man then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,914 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Zeek12 wrote: »
    I wasn't really a fan either....until I saw The King Of Comedy.

Turned out playing the "straight man" worked quite well for him.

RIP.

Agreed and it's really the only thing I've ever liked him in.

I could never get the Martin and Lewis act and his films I wouldn't rate in any shape or form.

There's just a lot of American humour that I find very lacking, I suppose, and Lewis belongs in that bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Richard Anderson (August 8, 1926 – August 31, 2017)

Was in Forbidden Planet but probably remembered mostly as Oscar in The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman

MV5BMTg3MjAwOTY5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDMzMDQ2._V1_UY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Marje wrote: »
    Richard Anderson (August 8, 1926 – August 31, 2017)

Was in Forbidden Planet but probably remembered mostly as Oscar in The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman

MV5BMTg3MjAwOTY5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDMzMDQ2._V1_UY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Ah no. loved him in The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman. I started watching The Bionic Woman again on wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭p to the e

- It was...... Fargo Boyle!
    - (Gasps) Fúckin Hell

Star of the stage and big and small screen Peadar Lambe dies at the age of 87.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/0902/901726-actor-peadar-lamb-dies/

p to the e wrote: »
    - It was...... Fargo Boyle!
    - (Gasps) Fúckin Hell

Star of the stage and big and small screen Peadar Lambe dies at the age of 87.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/0902/901726-actor-peadar-lamb-dies/

the cry of Fúckin Hell was done by graham linehan.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

the cry of Fúckin Hell was done by graham linehan.

He played Fargo Boyle.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    He played Fargo Boyle.

i know that. but the gasp of Fúckin Hell was voiced by graham linehan.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

i know that. but the gasp of Fúckin Hell was voiced by graham linehan.

I don't think anyone suggested otherwise? Or did they make out it was Lamb that said the line in the article posted above?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't think anyone suggested otherwise? Or did they make out it was Lamb that said the line in the article posted above?

?? you seem to have got out of the wrong side of the bed

Advertisement