Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€3750 for per year for house tax...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Althought my tenants will be footing the bill on my rental properties.

If I was your tenant, I'd be moving out!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

My tax is €157 for six months.

Happy enough with that. If it was calculated on SqFt, I'd be in trouble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

cabledude wrote: »
    My tax is €157 for six months.

Happy enough with that. If it was calculated on SqFt, I'd be in trouble.

For now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Slick50 wrote: »
    You seem to have a deep insight into paper qualities, but I won't be using it for cleansing purposes... just giving it a hint of what I think of this tax, I can still afford loo roll, presently.

I don't intend to stand in line like a domino, to make it easy for them. And I'm sure they will catch up with me eventually, all the sooner if enough mugs line up to make it easy for them... but I'm hoping this bunch will be gone before they get the benifit of charging me rent on my own home. Especially as their manifesto explicitly stated they would not introduce a tax on the family home.

This is what gets me so riled up about this country. The shower in the Dáil are supposed to be serving us, not the other way round. They say jump, the country complains about it, but eventually asks 'how high?'. If we all stood together and didn't listen to what these crooks ask of us there'd be a turn around.

The Irish, subservient 'til the end :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr. Wong

€o 'cos I threw the letter in the stove yesterday.

****!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Yeah, bank debt.

Not its not. Estimate debt is around 11bn this year excluding bank debt.

In other words we are spending 11 bn more than we take in. I think Bank debt is around 4bn a year so taking that away from the 11 we are still spening 7 bn more then we take in.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

Mr. Wong wrote: »
    €o 'cos I threw the letter in the stove yesterday.

****!
    Yea, not too sure that will work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Isn't the figure on the letter what you'll pay if you do nothing and not an estimated value of what they think your house is worth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

~1000e

for a house I don't own.

I was renting, 3 years ago with 4 others yet somehow I got the lpt letter saying I have to pay.

and and, the onus is on me to return the letter, can't update anything online.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭newbie2013

This thread is depressing me. Im a single guy and havent worked in a few years. I own a large house in the west of the country and im dreading the outcome after i sent the letter away. I thought it was just 80euro for houses on the wesy coast.

I dont even know the value of my home. I know what it was worth at the height of the boom, 345k but i cant even get 150k for it . Been trying to sell it for a few years now.

Can anyone tell me how the tax is worked out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Isn't the figure on the letter what you'll pay if you do nothing and not an estimated value of what they think your house is worth?
    Yes, but what you'll pay is supposed to be calculated on what they estimate your proprty is worth. They haven't a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

newbie2013 wrote: »
    This thread is depressing me. Im a single guy and havent worked in a few years. I own a large house in the west of the country and im dreading the outcome after i sent the letter away. I thought it was just 80euro for houses on the wesy coast.

I dont even know the value of my home. I know what it was worth at the height of the boom, 345k but i cant even get 150k for it . Been trying to sell it for a few years now.

€80????
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/lpt/index.html
    You inform revenue of the current market value of your home. Tax is calculated in bands of €50,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I don't plan on paying any time soon.

It's paying rent on something you own.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Do you think you could get something over 100k for it? If so, you are in the 100-150k band. Otherwise you are in the under 100k band.

Its really simple.

I don't plan on paying any time soon.

It's paying rent on something you own.
    Yeah. But the problem is the revenue interest/penalties is paying rent on something you owe.

Phoebas wrote: »
    Do you think you could get something over 100k for it? If so, you are in the 100-150k band. Otherwise you are in the under 100k band.

Its really simple.

I have it advertised for 150k but what if i pay in the 150k band and i get a sale for more.

I have it advertised for 150k but what if i pay in the 150k band and i get a sale for more.
    Not a problem, according to an interview I heard with Josephine Feehily (revenue chair) recently. As long as you make an honest stab at a valuation you'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Yeah. But the problem is the revenue interest/penalties is paying rent on something you owe.

I'll take my chances.

The law is an ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Not a problem, according to an interview I heard with Josephine Feehily (revenue chair) recently. As long as you make an honest stab at a valuation you'll be ok.
    I thought that the new owner was advised to report it - has this changed? Solicitors will probably be involved during conveyancing as well, as unpaid taxes will have to be paid from the proceeds of the sale.

I thought that the new owner was advised to report it - has this changed? Solicitors will probably be involved during conveyancing as well, as unpaid taxes will have to be paid from the proceeds of the sale.
    As long as the self assessment valuation is honest then later selling the property for more isn't a problem.

• Advertisement

What about people who are on the dole or disabilty allowance, do they have to pay also

As long as the self assessment valuation is honest then later selling the property for more isn't a problem.

Well them mines will be getting valued at the 150 im selling it for. What if i put down 149,999 would it make my tac cheaper. Does anyone know how much i need to pay at this value

What about people who are on the dole or disabilty allowance, do they have to pay also
    Yep, although some people on very low incomes can defer payment. But they have to pay eventually with interest.

Well them mines will be getting valued at the 150 im selling it for. What if i put down 149,999 would it make my tac cheaper. Does anyone know how much i need to pay at this value
    Its done in bands of 50k, so the tax between 100k and 150k is the same. I think its €112 for this year

Yep, although some people on very low incomes can defer payment. But they have to pay eventually with interest.

With interest, bastards! This country needs a revolution. The fighting irish my ass. Were a bunch of cowards

With interest, bastards! This country needs a revolution. The fighting irish my ass. Were a bunch of cowards
    Its 4pc p/a.
    I think the interest rate is double that if you just done pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Its done in bands of 50k, so the tax between 100k and 150k is the same. I think its €112 for this year

Its really simple.

All very helpful, and considerate. Josephine Feehily couldn't have done better herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

202 for half the year so some thing like 408 in my mothers house,(i expect this to rise) which we moved into about 20 years ago then she got ms and is on invalidity all the relations helped out to pay of the mortgage for her because how badly the situation changed and thats cleared now, and now after the mobility allowance cuts and all this other crap we get this where the *bleep* do think some one on a invalidity pension can get an extra 408 euro :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

Doom wrote: »
    looks like I paid €3750 tax a year for the last 6 years

€22,500 tax in 6 years. How exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

€112 for the half year.

Advertisement