Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€3750 for per year for house tax...

Options
  • 28-03-2013 9:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

I bought a house 6 yrs ago and paid stamp duty, I was hoping for a exemption for a few years from property tax, looks like I paid €3750 tax a year for the last 6 years, so maybe €404 per year from now till the next time they raise it is not so bad.......:mad:.......so how much did you get stung for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

still no letter from revenue yet.

Doom wrote: »
    I bought a house 6 yrs ago and paid stamp duty, I was hoping for a exemption for a few years from property tax, looks like I paid €3750 tax a year for the last 6 years, so maybe €404 per year from now till the next time they raise it is not so bad.......:mad:.......so how much did you get stung for?
    You should work out what your rent has been for the last 6 years using the same logic, must be astronomical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

no letter here yet either.

Not that I'm bothered mind you........

112 for 6 months. The perks of living in Leitrim ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

€494 for the year. Just thrilled so we are :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

€209 is what the wrongly addressed letter that we got said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I bought a house 6 yrs ago and paid stamp duty

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/horo_horo04/violin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,244 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

335, but selling the ****er so someone else's problem.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

€382 for the half year...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

112 for 6 months. The perks of living in Leitrim ;)

But on the other hand, you live in Leitrim

• Advertisement

T'is lovely so it is :)

Leitrim doesn't exist. It's like the Bielfeld Conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

The current tax charged is only half of what it's going to be next year?

FFS :mad:

Lol Ikky, I liked this part...

1. Do you know anybody from Leitrim?

2. Have you ever been to Leitrim?

3. Do you know anybody who has ever been to Leitrim?

A majority are expected to answer 'no' to all three queries. Anybody claiming knowledge is said to be part of the conspiracy or being deceived themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Friend of mine got her assessment, for €475, she thought it was for the year. Turns out to be for the half year, valuing her home at €450 - €500k. The most recently sold house in her area went for €165k.

I recon this is another fishing exercise, they haven't got a clue who owns what, or what it's worth. So, they send out these outrageously in-accurate assessments to frighten people into contacting them to tell them how wrong they are.... then SNAP, the trap is sprung.

What about all the sh*te, they came out with, that people are obliged to contact them and tell them who is liable, if they were wrongly billed. That became, "we strongly ask".

Look at what happened to register even if you're not liable... "thank you, you're now liable". I'll be wiping my arse with mine.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    €382 for the half year...

Nice house!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

339 for the half year. That's a third more than I reckon the house is worth. I will be revising downwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anna.fun

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Leitrim doesn't exist. It's like the Bielfeld Conspiracy.

I know someone who was born in Bielefeld though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

As a Civil Servant I'm exempt. Althought my tenants will be footing the bill on my rental properties.

I do however, have to pay Turkish and Canarian tourist authority officials a small annual stipend, to avoid local taxes on my holiday homes.

anna.fun wrote: »

I don't trust you any more. I'm risking my life even takling to you:cool:.

• Advertisement

anna.fun wrote: »

Anna the Alien.

WE DO NOT WANT TO HARM YOU.
    WHAT. PLANET. ARE. YOU. FROM?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Slick50 wrote: »
    I'll be wiping my arse with mine.

You'd be better off wiping your arse with the envelope only.
    Its much more absorbent than the letter which is made from that shiny kind of paper, which will really just serve to temporarily displace your excrement (which, come to think of it, is an apt metaphor for what ignoring the Revenue demand will do for you).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I'm going to burn it...wait 'carbon tax' ......in the bin so...wait 'refuse tax'.....in the toilet wait, 'water tax'...fcuk! Bastards have us everyway

• Registered Users Posts: 24,486 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

stamp duty is a transaction tax, not a house tax OP...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm in Vancouver, my landlord pays $700 a month in property tax. That covers, water and garbage pickups etc.

Is it covering anything this tax in Ireland?

Phoebas wrote: »
    You'd be better off wiping your arse with the envelope only.
    Its much more absorbent than the letter which is made from that shiny kind of paper, which will really just serve to temporarily displace your excrement (which, come to think of it, is an apt metaphor for what ignoring the Revenue demand will do for you).

You seem to have a deep insight into paper qualities, but I won't be using it for cleansing purposes... just giving it a hint of what I think of this tax, I can still afford loo roll, presently.

I don't intend to stand in line like a domino, to make it easy for them. And I'm sure they will catch up with me eventually, all the sooner if enough mugs line up to make it easy for them... but I'm hoping this bunch will be gone before they get the benifit of charging me rent on my own home. Especially as their manifesto explicitly stated they would not introduce a tax on the family home.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm going to burn it...wait 'carbon tax' ......in the bin so...wait 'refuse tax'.....in the toilet wait, 'water tax'...fcuk! Bastards have us everyway

I shred my paper and stuff bean bag chairs with it. Take that establishment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Is there any way to claim the house not in use? Like you would with a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

RasTa wrote: »
    Is it covering anything this tax in Ireland?

Yeah, bank debt.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

stamp duty is a transaction TAX, not a house TAX OP...

Fixed that for you....:rolleyes:

Advertisement