Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Well done in athy oyrx. Pity I didn't bump in to you. I have no idea how you managed such a long cycle today. I'm broken! Barely moved off the couch :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Well done in athy oyrx. Pity I didn't bump in to you. I have no idea how you managed such a long cycle today. I'm broken! Barely moved off the couch :)

I was the one rolling on the ground, crab like, trying to get a wetsuit off. :) How did you do? Have I missed your log update?

Easy recovery run today. Just under 8k in 45 mins but I walked a short section when I met a friend. Its muggy and warm out, sweaty running weather. And I just love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Have you cut the legs from your wetsuit yet? I've to do this with mine, cut at an angle halfway up the calf, meant to make it easier to get off.

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Have you cut the legs from your wetsuit yet? I've to do this with mine, cut at an angle halfway up the calf, meant to make it easier to get off.

No. Im doing a sea swim tomorrow and want to see how it is then. Practice a bit more before massacring it. Might phone b2r where I got it for advice. It was an expensive suit and I don't want to wreck it. Measure twice and cut once, and all that.

• Advertisement

Monday pm
    Kettlebells. More of the usual. I could feel the tiredness from the weekend but all in all it was easy enough. Though on a get up I twisted on my kneecap and revived an injury that had just healed. Its minor enough but scaldy when something like that happens. Am miffed cos now I have to get it to heal all over again. Stoopid!

Off to bed now, these early mornings are hard going!

Oryx wrote: »
    I was the one rolling on the ground, crab like, trying to get a wetsuit off. :) How did you do? Have I missed your log update?

finally got round to updating my log today. You werent the only one with wetsuit trouble :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Well done Oryx! Nice solid improvement in this race...and just think of the additional improvement if you had smoothly peeled out of that wet suit! It would have been massive! You are well ready for 2 weeks. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Nicely done Oryx, making solid progress.

My bad. I was wrecked this morning and didn't pool swim. I did get to the sea this evening though and yet again fought the waves for a tough half hour. They tell me it was flat calm last night. It bloody wasn't tonight. But it was pleasantly warm which is something. Only did 900m or so, fighting the sea all the way. Afterwards I stayed calm, did everything by the book, and my wetsuit came off without issues. Im still not quite Dita von Teese at getting it off but at least I didn't need help this time.

Out for a warm up run afterwards. 5k loop which was windy but gorgeously sunny. My legs were horribly heavy by the end, the race and long bike are still very much in them. 26.5 mins.
    To bed now in the hope I can get my lazy ass out of bed tomorrow for the early swim!

• Advertisement

I got out of bed for the early swim. All about drills not distance. 1600m mixing it up.

Thats all for today. Taper is necessary, but it's hard to switch off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

That's really funny about the wetsuit :P I had to helped into mine this evening :o:o

Thursday am
    Fartlek in the continuing sunshine. These are happy training days, it must be all the vitamin D. One minute off, one minute on, as usual. 32 minutes total session including 4 min wu and cd. Now, this felt hard. The 'on' bits got very puke inducing halfway through. I don't know if this is was because I was running really well or running really tired. My quads felt it, anyway.

I enjoy this session though because its quick and sharp. I feel like I've worked but I'm not burnt out after it. And it seems to be having an effect, if last Saturdays run time is any guide. So I'll keep doing it.

You are so going to kick some @ss in just over a week! :D

Dory Dory wrote: »
    You are so going to kick some @ss in just over a week! :D
    52 hills in 56 miles might just kick mine. But I will try!

http://www.bikemap.net/en/route/1529368-ironman-uk-703-bike-course/#lat=51.075205109036&lng=-3.3526767822267&zoom=11&maptype=ts_terrain&gsc.tab=0

:eek::eek::eek:
    Sweet jumping Jehoshaphat!!! Better you than me. :eek: Um, you'll be grand!!!

Dory Dory wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:
    Sweet jumping Jehoshaphat!!! Better you than me. :eek: Um, you'll be grand!!!
    When Dory damns you with faint positivity, you know youre fcuked. :p

Thursday pm
    Cycle with the gals. This was an easy one for me because the others are pretty new to cycling, so I put a few hard sprints in now and again just to make it more interesting. 28.5k in 70 minutes, which felt very short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Jesus that's like Everest. Fair play

• Advertisement

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Feic!
    Jesus that's like Everest. Fair play

See. It's not just me. :o:D

Guys, you're wrecking my naive optimism. :)

Friday am
    Pool swim. 500 wu of mixed drills, 4 x 400 and 100 sd. Felt a little slow today but the 400s got easier as I went through them. Did a hard 50 at the end just to make sure I still could. Took decent breaks between sets, seems everyone is in taper or recovery so no seriousness and loads of chat. Yet again that's all for today. Well, apart from work and domesticity!

Guys, you're wrecking my naive optimism. :)

Off course you will be grand, Is it next weekend?

Off course you will be grand, Is it next weekend?

Yeah. Sunday.

Yeah. Sunday.

Not a bother to ya, you wont even notice those small inclines :)

Saturday am
    Against my better judgement, I went out with the xc crew for a run this morning. I hadn't seen them in ages, so I fancied a catch up. They are in the last week of Hell and Back training, so the session involved steep hill sprints, interspersed with burpees, pushups and crawling. Not the kind of thing that's on my agenda at the moment, I had planned a steady run. We did a practice loop, then started reps of the 1km circuit. On the second lap my quad decided to act up, and no amount of field massage would get it out of spasm. So I split off from the group and took to a flat trail, and once I got off the hills, no pain. I did about 7.5k then went for a dip in the sea, I reckoned it would be good for the legs. It was lovely, cold and refreshing, and the beach was blissfully empty.

I have since gone and got a vari-roller to use in work today, see if I can fix this stubborn muscle.

Sunday am
    Cycle with a short run off it. Picked a rolling route, lots of long drags but nothing tricky. 66.5k in two and a half hours then 15min jog. My leg was fine for the bike but not for the run. Gorgeous day for it though, sunshine and birdsong all the way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

That looks REALLY easy, you'll breeze that.

Imagine how easy BOTE will be after that!

• Advertisement

Hey chickie-momma....when do you leave for your Sunday HIM?? You got a pit crew going with you for support??

Advertisement