Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RuPaul's Drag Race

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Justice For Jan! She was robbed and you could SEE it in her mannerisms and face when Ru said she was safe.

Gigi is clearly productions favourite and being pushed as a contender for [redacted] in the top 2, now with [redacted] being disqualified, it'll be Gigi, the young skinny, white fashion queen that they want to win.

RuPaul's Secret Celebrity Drag Race starts on 24th April in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Okay, this was needed in this current time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Sherry Pie is 27? And younger than Aiden. What sort of twilight zone are we living in?

Oh also #justiceforjan though she is running with the memes online right now and having fun with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mattdhg

Hrududu wrote: »
    Sherry Pie is 27? And younger than Aiden. What sort of twilight zone are we living in?

Oh also #justiceforjan though she is running with the memes online right now and having fun with it

Ooooph, 27!? 35 < would be more believable

Tbf it was also unfair how Ru addressed her first after the judges deliberations, because generally the first addressed is always the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭kg703

She was so excited in Untucked aswell :D

Ah well, its all for tv anyway.

I only really realised the other day no finale has been filmed..... how are we going to get a conclusion :O

Mattdhg wrote: »
    Tbf it was also unfair how Ru addressed her first after the judges deliberations, because generally the first addressed is always the winner.

Not always, there have been plenty of times where she tells at least one person that they are safe before announcing the winner of the challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mattdhg

kg703 wrote: »
    She was so excited in Untucked aswell :D

Ah well, its all for tv anyway.

I only really realised the other day no finale has been filmed..... how are we going to get a conclusion :O

The finale is always shot months later. They film different endings for the finale, one where each queen is announced as the winner and they get to strut with the crown and scepter. The actual winner is announced when the episode airs, and we all get to see which ending/queen they use :pac:
    Its a good way of maintaining hype but by god must it be underwhelming for the winner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Mattdhg wrote: »
    The finale is always shot months later. They film different endings for the finale, one where each queen is announced as the winner and they get to strut with the crown and scepter. The actual winner is announced when the episode airs, and we all get to see which ending/queen they use :pac:
    Its a good way of maintaining hype but by god must it be underwhelming for the winner

It was very underwhelming last year. The 4 finalists filmed watching the finale on a couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who are the celebs for RuPaul’s Secret Celebrity Drag Race?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who are the celebs for RuPaul’s Secret Celebrity Drag Race?

I didn't know any of them, but it's really enjoyable so far

Hunchback wrote: »
    I didn't know any of them, but it's really enjoyable so far

Oooft, no spoilers but while this Celebrity RPDR started brilliantly, my toes are curling with the cronge now lol. Hopefully the episode is redeemed in the third act

Also had no idea who the 'celebrities' were, but apart form one of them being very OTT and thinking that because they were a big fan of the show that the whole thing was about them, it was enjoyable, if a little cringy at times for other reasons.
    I was glad when Nico didn't win, the look on their face was priceless, definitely someone with an inflated ego getting knocked down a peg or two. I also hated their speech about the 'straight guys' taking part and validating them [Nico]. Like what a complete tosser!

Haven't seen any of celeb Drag Race as I don't recognise any of them, plus one offs aren't that interesting to me.

Having lost Jan before she ever really took off I have now jumped ship to Jaida. Normally I don't care for the pageant queens too much but she has made me laugh a lot. I think we will probably end up with a final four that includes her, Sherry Pie and Gigi. It doesn't really matter who the 4th is because those three have dominated. And we know SP won't be winning. Gigi started off strong, and I loved her snatch game but she's been a little quiet lately.

It will be interesting to see how they do the finale due to everything that's going on. Having a big production with lip syncs doesn't look likely at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I watched celeb Drag Race. In the latest episode I knew one of the three (Alex from Glee) and I have heard of the show Schitt's Creek that Dustin stars. Never heard of the stand-up comedian. I thought it was a good episode and a roast is always hilarious!!

On the main show, I find myself warming up to Crystal Methyd. I really like her kooky drag and would be someone that I would go and see in a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭isohon

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I watched celeb Drag Race. In the latest episode I knew one of the three (Alex from Glee) and I have heard of the show Schitt's Creek that Dustin stars. Never heard of the stand-up comedian. I thought it was a good episode and a roast is always hilarious!!

On the main show, I find myself warming up to Crystal Methyd. I really like her kooky drag and would be someone that I would go and see in a show.

Schitts Creek is really excellent, with a nice LGBT storyline. Definitely worth the watch if you can.

Latest trailer says there are only two episodes left - not three so reunion and finale look to be rolled into one.

Be such an anti climax to crown the winner over a zoom call! Especially as its been a great season, I would have loved to see those final lipsyncs!

But there's only 5 girls left. So if there's 2 more episodes (Netflix are still listing 3 episodes left) then that leaves a Top 3 which they haven't done in 4 seasons.

I'll spoiler the next bit, as it's a major S12 spoiler
    Sherry reaches the finale so it's gonna be interesting how they are going to edit around that. If it is a Top 3, then will it automatically be a Top 2 and leave it as that? Or will they replace Sherry with the queen that went before her? WoW are doing everything they can to remove SP from the episodes when they can so they don't want to feature her at all so I can see them replacing or removing her and not mentioning it at all and hoping we just carry on like nothing happened. I'll also be surprised if they don't give us some form of reunion this season but considering the circumstances, on the show and in the world, I wouldn't be surprised if it is left out this year.

PFMC84 wrote: »
    But there's only 5 girls left. So if there's 2 more episodes (Netflix are still listing 3 episodes left) then that leaves a Top 3 which they haven't done in 4 seasons.

I'll spoiler the next bit, as it's a major S12 spoiler
    Sherry reaches the finale so it's gonna be interesting how they are going to edit around that. If it is a Top 3, then will it automatically be a Top 2 and leave it as that? Or will they replace Sherry with the queen that went before her? WoW are doing everything they can to remove SP from the episodes when they can so they don't want to feature her at all so I can see them replacing or removing her and not mentioning it at all and hoping we just carry on like nothing happened. I'll also be surprised if they don't give us some form of reunion this season but considering the circumstances, on the show and in the world, I wouldn't be surprised if it is left out this year.

I reckon the 2 episodes could be similar to previous seasons: next episode one girl gets eliminated and the top-4 remains and then, if I recall correctly the top-4 will have one final episode and all 4 of them go to the final
    if Sherry gets to top-4, then I agree that either the last eliminated girl comes back to fill in top-4 or a top-3 and only one final lip-sync between the 3 of them - similar to season 10 final lip sync

Based on the note that comes up in every episode, am I right to say that the final hasn't been filmed yet?

• Advertisement

I dont know? They haven't been very forthcoming with details.

They could possibly film it live with no audience. If the UFC can go ahead, the Olympics of drag can surely take place :D Socially distant lipsyncs, Ru watching regally from a balcony.... could totally work!

The finale is usually filmed a week or two before broadcast so no, it hasn't been filmed yet, nor has the reunion, which might not get filmed. We have no idea what they are planning or are able to even do at this point.

It’s now been confirmed that the reunion has already been filmed and the finale has also been filmed both virtually rather than in the theatre hall.

We don’t yet know how things are going to happen regards SP. Will one queen go tonight leaving a Top 4 for the finale and if SP is one of them it becomes a Top 3? Or will whoever gets eliminated tonight (if not SP) get to be brought back to replace SP and keep it as a Top 4?

PFMC84 wrote: »
    It’s now been confirmed that the reunion has already been filmed and the finale has also been filmed both virtually rather than in the theatre hall.

We don’t yet know how things are going to happen regards SP. Will one queen go tonight leaving a Top 4 for the finale and if SP is one of them it becomes a Top 3? Or will whoever gets eliminated tonight (if not SP) get to be brought back to replace SP and keep it as a Top 4?

Thank you PFMC84. I just read it and was coming to post it!!
    Really excited now, I wish Crystal Methyd could make it to top-4 although I would also be happy for her to win Miss Congeniality.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

This weeks episode was so good! I really think this could be the season that finally tops season 6.

Very Happy with the top-4 - or should I say top-3?? It will be interesting to see what format the final will have. I like Jackie but having been in the bottom a couple of times she had the disadvantage. I think it will be between Gigi and Jaida as they were consistently good all season and have the most wins.I think the editing team deserve another set of awards for how they were able to reduce Sherry's time and keep the show flowing nicely

On the celebrity front, I found the episode less interesting than the previous ones. I only knew Hayley Kiyoko - I reckon these people are well known in Us but not necessarily out of it. And it is always great to see Miss Vanjie even as a mentor - I really like her!!

The Celebrity series has been a complete flop.

Also, given by how much camera time
    Jackie Cox
    was given in the lip-sync, I'm surprised she didn't win it.

Either way, it's a great final 5 girls (not including SP obviously) and this has definitely been one of the better seasons in recent years.

I'm
    Team Jaida
    for the win.

I feel like we're missing an episode. Normally it feels like once we get to the final four there is an episode where its just the four of them, they get a tic tack lunch with Ru and Michelle, and they do that excruciating thing on the runway where they talk to childhood pictures of themselves. Or maybe I'm just mixing up episodes and that's normally in the final five episode.

Hrududu wrote: »
    I feel like we're missing an episode. Normally it feels like once we get to the final four there is an episode where its just the four of them, they get a tic tack lunch with Ru and Michelle, and they do that excruciating thing on the runway where they talk to childhood pictures of themselves. Or maybe I'm just mixing up episodes and that's normally in the final five episode.
    Please God they don't have to talk to photos. That is some bullsh******t

• Advertisement

What we were all thinking watching Secret "Celebrity" Drag Race...

Advertisement