Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RuPaul's Drag Race

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

La_Gordy wrote: »
    So ready for the Vixen to go. She is such a jealous person.

I've been so up and down with her opinion - before last week's episode I would have said she had purpose and a valid point to her behaviour. Esp. given the reaction on social media and other queens of colour's support.

But after last week's episode - she just seems soooooo self-obsessed. It's quite sad because it gives Eureka a get-out-of-jail card for acting the same way (albeit with that southern belle accent) but we won't hold that against Eureka because anyone would seem reasonable against the Vixen's obsession for feeling attacked.

As an aside - I looooved Monet's snatch game - loved Cameron's too and not quite sure why she thought she was in the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Ash885 wrote: »
    I've been so up and down with her opinion - before last week's episode I would have said she had purpose and a valid point to her behaviour. Esp. given the reaction on social media and other queens of colour's support.

But after last week's episode - she just seems soooooo self-obsessed. It's quite sad because it gives Eureka a get-out-of-jail card for acting the same way (albeit with that southern belle accent) but we won't hold that against Eureka because anyone would seem reasonable against the Vixen's obsession for feeling attacked.

As an aside - I looooved Monet's snatch game - loved Cameron's too and not quite sure why she thought she was in the bottom.

To my mind it is rather similar to the Nina Bo'nina Brown situation on season 9. There is clearly some underlying thought process and insecurity going on that is colouring the Vixen's perception. I liked her, thought she was interesting but the whole thing from Aquaria on has shown that she is a just not a nice person. Her defence of this is that 'oh I'm just being real, I have to be true to myself', well fine but sometimes yourself is as mean person and so people have the right to react to you on that level.

The thing is though that Nina was nice, the Vixen just isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

It's Vixens hypocrisy that annoys me most. She's just 'being real' and if you don't like it you can f*ck off is basically her attitude even when everyone is telling her "hey, try and chill with the aggression". But apparently the same thinking doesn't apply to Eureka, who should try and change even though it seems like she doesn't rub most of the other up the wrong way half as much as Vixen does. :confused:

Also her tits are ALWAYS wrong and it bugs me. :pac:

Also re: Kameron - I LOVE her. She's so sweet and lovely. She has some major insecurity I think, and it means she stays quiet but she's doing well. I don't think she's top 3 or anything but still.

My top 3 at the moment are

1) Eureka- I loved her on S9 and I love her this year. She's funny, she's polished and she has a sweet heart I think under all the brashness. And tbh come on, shrinking violets don't get anywhere in drag.

2) Mz Cracker. I love her looks and her comedy but she does seem to be flailing a bit. One really bad week and she's gone. Which would be a real shame.

3) Asia O'Hara - I love her looks and I just wish she has a bit more confidence. She seems to add stuff when she sees the other girls outfits (like the mask last week) and it's not neccesary.

I like Aquarias looks but she wrecks my head and I really hope Vixen is next to go. Kameron is a pet (even her instagram stuff is adorable). Monet is grand but she looks and sounds exactly like Bob if you ask me and she's just not quite at that level so it bugs me.

Also her tits are ALWAYS wrong and it bugs me. :pac:

DECEASED!

I don't think anyone can deny Eureka is a class act at drag - the Drag Con panel challenge was a delight. But what errk'd me a little was this kind of stereotypical bitchy gay streak she can have.

I thought Asia's mask was iconic last week - seriously if you look back at her runways they have been for the most part world's apart. They've been literal spectacles and I have to commend her for it - acting and looking a goof is something Drag hasn't had in a long time.

I love Monet but agree - for me she's kind of like what Peppermint was like - coasting along because of what we think she's capable of....but not necessarily ever coming close to it.

Someone had said to me, not sure if it's a legit spoiler, but that Vixen was to be sent home last week only for Monique making a complete balls of the lip-sync. I'd say Vixen will be Top 4 now given the storyline of her Vs world.

I thought Asia's mask was iconic last week - seriously if you look back at her runways they have been for the most part world's apart. They've been literal spectacles and I have to commend her for it - acting and looking a goof is something Drag hasn't had in a long time.

Oh I loved it but did she not say she added it when she saw the stuff the other girls had on? I think she did the same with one of her other looks, I can't remember...

I love Monet but agree - for me she's kind of like what Peppermint was like - coasting along because of what we think she's capable of....but not necessarily ever coming close to it.

I shall hear no bad words against Peppermint. I have had a massive crush on her since day one and even the fact that I have since found out her name is Agnes - AGNES - hasn't dimmed my ardour. :pac::pac::pac:
    I'd say Vixen will be Top 4 now given the storyline of her Vs world.

V's world?

• Advertisement

*Versus the World.

Agnes is such a choice!!

I love the Vixen; she is reality TV gold.

I also really admire her for being so intelligent and informed on racial issues and racial bias (which I feel anyone outside the US finds it hard to appreciate just how complex it is over there for them); Untucked was filmed last August and she managed to predict how the fans would view her feud with Aquaria correctly even back then.
    She is talented, intelligent and confident; pity people overlook all that because she is "mean."

Tbh I can tell she’s intelligent. I can tell she’s well
    Informed. I think she’s talented. I don’t have the view of her as “angry black woman”. I think she - at least how she is portrayed on the show - is somewhat determined to see the world as being against her personally. Understandable in fairness as a person of colour in the US at the moment but I still think it’s fair to call her out on her hypocrisy vs Eureka.

I love the Vixen; she is reality TV gold.

I also really admire her for being so intelligent and informed on racial issues and racial bias (which I feel anyone outside the US finds it hard to appreciate just how complex it is over there for them); Untucked was filmed last August and she managed to predict how the fans would view her feud with Aquaria correctly even back then.
    She is talented, intelligent and confident; pity people overlook all that because she is "mean."

No one is overlooking anything. She is all of the things you have pointed out, I believe most people agree with that. The problem is that whatever her plus points are they do not excuse her conduct. She isn't just 'mean', she is a hypocritical bully with no real appreciation of how she comes across.

As to the issue of racial bias, everyone of her fellow queens of colour said she needed to be booted. You also don't get to dismiss genuinely poor behaviour by claiming people will view it through the lens of race. Even accounting for racial bias, the Vixen's behaviour was objectively awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Well, ahm glad
    to see the Vixen go. I did feel a bit sorry for her in Untucked when she was leaving. I feel her drag was pretty weak and it looked like she was lashing out because people weren't 'getting' her, but there just wasn't much to get. For the race issue, I think she did well in showing how living in such a society where being black and gay are gonny mark ye down, and how that will affect so many aspects of your life.

Ahm no sure who is going to be top 3, and I have no real favourites. Glad to see more Kameron though. And not just because he's a ride.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Ariana Grande

Monet is my absolute fave queen but her runway looks really bring her down and it's so frustrating to see. She has so much potential but she's just not polished enough in that area. It's weird tho because isn't she like Bob's close friend? Couldn't she have borrowed some of her outfits?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Anyone have any spare tickets to ru paul in olympia in July??

I was relieved to see
    the Vixen go, especially having taken a look at her social media postings. That said I do feel sorry for her and for the whole situation. Maybe she will be brought back later in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Maybe she will be brought back later in the series.

I hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Trixie coming to Dublin and Cork next March. That should be fun- wonder where she’ll go in Cork?

I was relieved to see
    the Vixen go, especially having taken a look at her social media postings. That said I do feel sorry for her and for the whole situation. Maybe she will be brought back later in the series.

It’s too late in the season to bring anyone back.
    But if Ru was to bring anyone back, we all know who it would be...

Ms...... vaaaaaaaangie

I am such a delusion Monet fan but even I found her dripping in glitter gown awful

Still thought she did better than Kameron in the Cher-sical tho!

It’s too late in the season to bring anyone back.
    But if Ru was to bring anyone back, we all know who it would be...

Ms...... vaaaaaaaangie

Is it? I thought they were only half way through the queens? Didn't we have people get added previously at this point or later?

Is it? I thought they were only half way through the queens? Didn't we have people get added previously at this point or later?

14 queens when it began and only 6 left with maybe only 2/3 episode left. I just don’t see it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

There are four more competition episodes remaining.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine there is going to be a returning queen and/or no elimination episode. So far the eliminations have been spot on really, which is the first time in Drag Race Herrrrstory.

Anyone else really enjoying the season though? I think it's really brought life back into the format.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Anyone else really enjoying the season though? I think it's really brought life back into the format.

Yeah, I think it's been a really good season so far. Maybe not the best of the best queens (I think that'll always be season 5 for me) but the show itself has been solid.

I think the slightly longer running time might help. Things have felt a little less rushed at times.

I'd imagine there is going to be a returning queen and/or no elimination episode. So far the eliminations have been spot on really, which is the first time in Drag Race Herrrrstory.

Spot on! :)

Did a post go missing or am I that sad that I dream about Boards.ie RuPaul discussions:p

I didn't want to see either of those queens go home.
    So I am glad for the shantay you both stay moment. That said, I found myself routing for Kameron Michaels, which was a surprise to me.

I like Eureka, I think she has the talent and look to go all the way. I am dying for a big queen to win. There has never been a big winner and I want one. Big queens have always played a major role in the development of drag.

That said, Kameron is so dignified and hard working. I absolutely admire her position of letting her work/actions speak for her, and she does work. Her routine was streets ahead of everyone. I know she fumbled in the acting challenge, but what I wish she knew was 'that performance on the main stage... THAT IS ACTING, and you killed it'. Eureka underwhelmed in the challenge and frankly disappointed on the main stage. I can't help but think that the bullying has gotten to her. IT can't be easy to face that level of opprobrium.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mtx

What do these people look like when they're 80?

Mtx wrote: »
    What do these people look like when they're 80?

Last weeks challenge will tell you ;)

What kind of message does that show send to kids? Get a boob job and cut your Johnson off ? Not sure how it's allowed on TV at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

What kind of message does that show send to kids? Get a boob job and cut your Johnson off ? Not sure how it's allowed on TV at all

Yeah because that's exactly what's going on.

Have you ever even watched the show? This is about drag queens, first of all. It's about a legitimate artform that has existed for generations. Not transgender folks.

And frankly "even if" it was about trans folks, being trans is not an illness, it's not a crime, and it's not wrong.

Mod hat on: I would recommend you read the LGBT forum charter, and please don't come on to the board and disparage trans folks. It is not permitted and you will be sanctioned and banned from posting here if needs be.

• Advertisement

Ok but they were trans people on it unless they were using some chicken fillets

Advertisement