Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get a €60 voucher for only €29 at Captain Americas.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭fsfg

Basq wrote: »
    It benefits everyone who can avail of the deal..

.. what's the point in having one person reap all the benefits of having people use his / her affiliate link?

I don't understand your logic, surely 1or 2 getting most of the benefit is better than nobody benefiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 grenfinger

Using the voucher do kids have to pick from the Main Menu or can they use the kids menu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

We went yesterday , didn't eat as there was a 2 hour wait for a table but there was a sign up saying Living Social Deal Vouchers must be mentioned BEFORE ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Karen23 wrote: »
    We went yesterday , didn't eat as there was a 2 hour wait for a table but there was a sign up saying Living Social Deal Vouchers must be mentioned BEFORE ordering.

Why is that I wonder? Do you get less food or something?

Does one have to book and mention this voucher on booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

I'm so annoyed by this. You are getting a €60 voucher which should not make a difference to the service you get. The only reason they want to know beforehand is so they will give you smaller portions.

• Advertisement

BrianJD wrote: »
    I'm so annoyed by this. You are getting a €60 voucher which should not make a difference to the service you get. The only reason they want to know beforehand is so they will give you smaller portions.

Is it though?

I don't think it's a condition of the offer to say it upfront is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is it though?

I don't think it's a condition of the offer to say it upfront is it?

I'm really pissed off at their attitude about this. Just posted on their Facebook page and I HATE people who bitch on Facebook pages.

I just hate the way companies can't see the reason you give half price vouchers is to create new custom, i.e customer who enjoy the experience and come back again and pay full price. Instead they scrimp and give an experience worse than they normally provide.

We went to Captain America's years ago when they opened and found the whole experience and food so so. This is another opportunity to try them and already, I feel negative about them.

We recently used a voucher for Rico's new Italian in Cork and it was a fantastic expericence and we will definitely go back again so the whole Groupon and Living Social deal can work for a Company if it's used correctly.

Why is that I wonder? Do you get less food or something?

Does one have to book and mention this voucher on booking?

As a family of 4 we couldn't book , they only take bookings for partys of six or more

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

I ate in there today with my wive and two kids who ate off the childrens menu and i had it booked so i do nt know who you were talking to in there , and i had no issues ,:D

I had read it on their website that they only take bookings for 6 or more http://www.captainamericas.com/blanchardstown/reservations/, I rang and was told the same thing , we went yesterday and decided we didn't want to wait 2 hours so asked could we book a table for today and we were told no as there wasn't 6 they couldn't take a booking

So that was 3 times

• Advertisement

Told me when I rang today that they cant take booking for under 6 but to call tomorrow afternoon to be put on the "wait list" for tomorrow night???

Also told me to mention voucher but I wont be doing that till afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭ooter

Just because there's a sign up doesn't mean you have to see it.;)
    I went last Thursday and I only mentioned the voucher when I was "paying."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

ooter wrote: »
    Correct .

And if you are worried, just make a booking for 6. If only 4 turn up, what can they do ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

I was in the cork CA yesterday , Booked for 5 no problem BUT tbh the food was YUCK , i had fish and chip absolutly tasteless , my child had hotdog it was disgusting. I did complain when asked by manager about food and she didnt charge for fish , saw pizzas being served so thats what we will be having next time to use the other voucher after that wont be back , hubby got free refill too no problem ,

That's true , did they say anything when you showed the voucher at the end.

Told me when I rang today that they cant take booking for under 6 but to call tomorrow afternoon to be put on the "wait list" for tomorrow night???

Also told me to mention voucher but I wont be doing that till afterwards.

They have a list of people waiting for tables , so when a table becomes free next on the list gets it.

Ring about an hour before you get there and you should be at the top of the list before you arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

For those who have already used the voucher, did you bring a paper copy, or just show your phone?

That's true , did they say anything when you showed the voucher at the end.

Nothing was said.
    I used my phone to show the voucher and I just turned up and asked for a table,only had to wait 20 mins and that was Thursday evening around 7 o clock.
    They have a waiting room so it wasn't a problem.

Nothing was said.
    I used my phone to show the voucher and I just turned up and asked for a table,only had to wait 20 mins and that was Thursday evening around 7 o clock.
    They have a waiting room so it wasn't a problem.
    Thanks - just to clarify - when did you show the voucher?
    BrianJD wrote: »
    I'm really pissed off at their attitude about this. Just posted on their Facebook page and I HATE people who bitch on Facebook pages.
    Here's the response on their FB page; https://www.facebook.com/CaptainAmericas?ref=ts&fref=ts
    Captain Americas Hi Brian, we have 3 Captain Americas restaurants in Ireland and sometimes certain vouchers are not redeemable in all 3. We ask you to show your voucher before you order to make sure that the voucher you have is redeemable in the restaurant you are in. Having a voucher does not affect the quality of food or the portions. I hope that answers your questions.

RainyDay wrote: »
    Thanks - just to clarify - when did you show the voucher?

After the meal,I went to the counter and said I wanted to pay for my food and then showed the voucher.

• Advertisement

Facebook Reply

Captain Americas Hi Brian, we have 3 Captain Americas restaurants in Ireland and sometimes certain vouchers are not redeemable in all 3. We ask you to show your voucher before you order to make sure that the voucher you have is redeemable in the restaurant you are in. Having a voucher does not affect the quality of food or the portions. I hope that answers your questions.

Captain Americas no you can get a free refill with your voucher
    Unlike · Reply · Tuesday at 15:49

Good news story from their FB page;
    The waiter asked us when taking our orders today if we were using a Living Social voucher, and I told him that we were using a voucher. I was a bit surprised that he asked, but there was absolutely no sign of any 'downgrading' of service of food or service. We asked for some extra tortilla wraps with one of the adult's fajitas dish so our daughter could share the fajitas, as she'd never manage a full portion on her own. They provided the extra wraps, along with extra dips, and an extra helping of fries at no extra cost - nice flexible service. Food was good, the 80s soundtrack was good, and the service was good.

We went today and I have to agree , there was no smaller portions because of the voucher.

We actually ended up with too much food and the waitress gave us a box to take home the rest of our pizza. We have another voucher and will much more aware of the huge portions next time.

We went today and I have to agree , there was so smaller portions because of the voucher.

I guess you meant 'no', not 'so'?

Sorry for the typo , I did mean no not so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Sorry for the bump!

But if anyone missed this, I've got a voucher that I won't be able to use before the expiry date of June 28. Selling on adverts if anyone's interested - pm for a link!

blue-army wrote: »
    Sorry for the bump!

But if anyone missed this, I've got a voucher that I won't be able to use before the expiry date of June 28. Selling on adverts if anyone's interested - pm for a link!

My sister was only looking for one on Wed , I'll see if she still wants one

Just looked it up , it's for Grafton St. Think she'd prefer Blanch

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Button09

But if anyone missed this, I've got a voucher that I won't be able to use before the expiry date of June 28. Selling on adverts if anyone's interested - pm for a link![/QUOTE]

whats the link blue army ....... i can offer €25 for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

Does this have to be booked today? Voucher is a bit confusing.

Advertisement