Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get a €60 voucher for only €29 at Captain Americas.

Options
  • 24-03-2013 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I'm not sure if this has been posted but looks like a good deal to me. It includes drinks which is important !:o
    https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/642442

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Nice one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

sue97 wrote: »
    you forgot to mention that if 3 people order through this code you get it for free.

The referral has already been removed, the link is now fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭Indestructable

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/642442

A €60 food and drink voucher for only €29 at Captain Americas. Pretty good deal, only one day left. Omnomnom

• Registered Users Posts: 13 irishviewer

dont know if allow to post my link here.. if you have three buyers you get deal for free etc..

http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/642442-60-to-spend-on-food-and-drink

Once i have buyer and when its done I can remove this link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Good deal but u can't pre book which is bizarre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

I know captain americas doesn't do bookings, but in the t&c it mentions that a reservation is needed, what's that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Moody_mona wrote: »
    I know captain americas doesn't do bookings, but in the t&c it mentions that a reservation is needed, what's that about?

All these restaurant type of vouchers say that you have to make a reservation. Probably just used the same template from another restaurant and didn't bother changing it. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ALS

Booked today no problem , voucher has to be used off the main menu, when I asked for a soft drink refill I was refused because "I had a voucher " , asked to speak to the manager and pointed out that Captain America's always offered free refills as standard and just because I had a voucher made no difference,
    Not so sure these deals are as good as they appear, they come with a lot of special conditions these days,
    Anyways she relented in the end and agreed to free refills.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

ALS wrote: »
    Booked today no problem , voucher has to be used off the main menu, when I asked for a soft drink refill I was refused because "I had a voucher " , asked to speak to the manager and pointed out that Captain America's always offered free refills as standard and just because I had a voucher made no difference,
    Not so sure these deals are as good as they appear, they come with a lot of special conditions these days,
    Anyways she relented in the end and agreed to free refills.:)

Did they make you sit in separate area to the other customers too?
    This voucher makes the food just about value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

How typically Irish, the way so many businesses treat customers with vouchers after signing up for the process. The amount of hotels, restaurants and other service industry companies that treat voucher holders like second class citizens is incredible. I would have thought the point of signing up to a scheme like this (where profit margins are usually minimal or non existent) is to attract new customers to the business. Then those same new customers are treated like **** on a shoe and handing over the voucher is akin to handing someone cancer.

It really really grinds my gears :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭Indestructable

sweetie wrote: »

Yep it's far to expensive without the voucher, but it's decent enough food! You can get a lot for 60 quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

ALS wrote: »
    Anyways she relented in the end and agreed to free refills.:)[/QUOTE

We are going to Blanch tomorrow and will be using a voucher. Did you go to Blanch or Grafton Street and was it much hastle in getting the refills or were they very slow in coming around. Bringing some kids along and this would be really useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ALS

Grafton St for me and took a bit of persuading but they did come round

Use the voucher for food and pay for your drinks separately and they can't deny you the refills surely?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Livingsocial are offering a €5 off coupon today only MARCH5IE
    Don't forget fatcheese for another 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

sweetie wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, brought the family there a few weeks ago. The enchiladas were close to inedible, and the burgers and chips the kids had were nothing special. The only thing I'd go back for is the deserts. Basically you come out of there saying it would've cost you 20 Euro in Burger king:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

:o
    snubbleste wrote: »
    Livingsocial are offering a €5 off coupon today only MARCH5IE
    Don't forget fatcheese for another 10%

Where to enter the March51E code please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dunno, it's I not 1.
    _q80.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

jmorrisey wrote: »
    How typically Irish, the way so many businesses treat customers with vouchers after signing up for the process. The amount of hotels, restaurants and other service industry companies that treat voucher holders like second class citizens is incredible. I would have thought the point of signing up to a scheme like this (where profit margins are usually minimal or non existent) is to attract new customers to the business. Then those same new customers are treated like **** on a shoe and handing over the voucher is akin to handing someone cancer.

It really really grinds my gears :mad:

It is crazy, but I never had any troubles with restaurant vouchers, and I use them a bit. Recently went to Le Bon Crubeen, asked on entrance about any "special" terms for us - none. Had best steak ever!.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

snubbleste wrote: »
    Dunno, it's I not 1.
    _q80.png

L 1 still don't know where to put it to get the reduction:)

Edit - you redeem the code just before purchase

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Just got this there using Fatcheese & the €5 off, cheers op - not bad for €21.60!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Excellent deal. Was in there on a Sunday night after a rugby game a while back and it cost about €65 to feed 3 adults and a child and included a couple of beers and a couple of cocktails

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Just got this there using Fatcheese & the €5 off, cheers op - not bad for €21.60!

Hmmm. €1.95 cashback pending on fatcheese for me which is plainly not 10%. Get your pitchfork!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

cheers OP , just ordered there and used the 5euro voucher got it for 24 euro :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Cheers for the discount code, was just about to get another one. Over the past few months i've ended up a pretty frequent customer of CA's in Blanch. Completely disagree with what @DubOnHoliday said. We've always had great food out of there, no need to mention the voucher until paying and they just tick your name and voucher number off there list. No need to have printed if you can show it from the app. The deal itself is great value and you can get two 3 course meals and drinks for just over twenty quid.. you really can't complain. I've never experienced a lesser standard food here using a deal or voucher.

Yes you can't avail of 2courses for €15 on the voucher, but that's pretty obvious. Food is always top notch and fresh. I've never had a bad experience there. Only thing I can say is, yes it's always busy at peak times but your only ever waiting a few at max for a seat - in the seated waiting area so no complaints. drinks tend to take a few minutes as they come from the bar.

Its not everyone's cup of tea. But for an american styled diner its brilliant. That's just my 2 cents :)

Also, for those not wanting to splash out too much, theres BOGOF on mains with meteor goodies this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

groom wrote: »
    Hmmm. €1.95 cashback pending on fatcheese for me which is plainly not 10%. Get your pitchfork!

Yeah - noticed that myself, but looking at Fatcheese it says Cashback calculations exclude both taxes and any postage costs. The use of a voucher code not listed on the FatCheese website may affect your cashback earnings.

Still nothing to sniff at, at €22.05! Was in Captain America's before for a meal (won a meal for 2) and it was lovely, so went for there rather than town, as that one is alway full.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Is there anything to stop you going into the Bar and ordering 12 pints with the voucher? Thinking of splitting it 3 ways and heading in with a few mates to have 4 pints as a place to start in town. Could always just have 2 pints and a Burger each I suppose. Good value @ €8 each.

cson wrote: »
    Is there anything to stop you going into the Bar and ordering 12 pints with the voucher? Thinking of splitting it 3 ways and heading in with a few mates to have 4 pints as a place to start in town. Could always just have 2 pints and a Burger each I suppose. Good value @ €8 each.

small print says valid for dine in only but a burger or a starter each would probably work.

cson wrote: »

the fine print

Voucher valid for food or both food and drinks, cannot be redeemed for solely for drinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Wings and Pints it is then. :)

Advertisement