Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get a €60 voucher for only €29 at Captain Americas.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭fsfg

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/642442

last day for this. do you have to tell them you have a voucher before ordering?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

duplicate.jpg
    Hmm reposting the referral link after a mod has removed it. Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'd like to remind our users that referral links are not permitted on Bargain Alerts..

.. knowing users of Bargain Alerts are benefitting from the bargain you posted is beneficial enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

If you use code march5ie today on living social, you get this deal for 24€ :)

Fair Enough :o

Can I ask why they are not permitted (the only thing I seen is spam which I wouldnt categorise it as). I would understand if it was to avoid multiple threads on the same offer but it seems to be just a blanket ban.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

fsfg wrote: »
    Fair Enough :o

Can I ask why they are not permitted (the only thing I seen is spam which I wouldnt categorise it as). I would understand if it was to avoid multiple threads on the same offer but it seems to be just a blanket ban.
    If think it's generally to do with referral links are usually only a bargain for the person who refers the others and that it's a little underhanded because no one ever mentions there is a benefit to themselves.
    I would rather have done this with my friends than give you a free deal for example...

Not to get too off-topic so I'll keep it short - lots of reasons but I'll just name three:

a) referral links are misleading.. some are for personal gain (for who posted it) but some are simply referral links to say you clicked an offer in a e-mail sent by Aldi (which they keep track of). If we allowed one and not the other, you'd get reported posts left and right and investigations into if this one is for personal gain or is it not.
    b) referral links will be re-used.. Bargain Alert's is a very busy forum. If we allowed referral codes, everyone would post their own and ask for it to be used. Then we'd have 50 posts in a thread to the same offer with a unique referral link.. and then you'd have someone complaining that no-one used his but yet used one after him. It's messy.
    c) Boards.ie could easily make money from this (a lá HotUKDeals) using the likes of TradeDoubler or Affiliate Window (etc) but I'm speaking as myself personally, I'd prefer we keep links and deals transparent and keep deals just good value.

That's just two reasons!

subway wrote: »
    If think it's generally to do with referral links are usually only a bargain for the person who refers the others and that it's a little underhanded because no one ever mentions there is a benefit to themselves.
    I would rather have done this with my friends than give you a free deal for example...

I appreciate that but your initial purchase will not benefit anyone (or your friends initial purchase) so I dont see the harm. I would understand a rule where it states you must be upfront about the referal or a referal thread. That way if I am buying it anyway sumone benifits and I can throw my code up and someone may return the favor.

The current setup does not benefit anybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

mel123 wrote: »
    If you use code march5ie today on living social, you get this deal for 24€ :)
    Excellent, thanks
    last day for this. do you have to tell them you have a voucher before ordering?
    It says "Reservations are required and subject to availability" and "Must book by 28 June 2013", so I guess they are required.

Funny, I haven't been in Captain A's for ages, but I thought that they didn't take reservations at all. Maybe it's changed, or maybe my memory is faulty. There is a bookings facility on the website. http://www.captainamericas.com/graftonst/bookings/

Combine this with the free kids on Luas offer in April, and you've got a good day out in town for the family at minimal cost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I appreciate that but your initial purchase will not benefit anyone (or your friends initial purchase) so I dont see the harm. I would understand a rule where it states you must be upfront about the referal or a referal thread. That way if I am buying it anyway sumone benifits and I can throw my code up and someone may return the favor.

Apparently its benefits you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Just booked this for blanch. Does anyone know if it's pram friendly as I don't think grafton street is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I would chance saying that all of the stores are more accessible, compared to Grafton, that is.

It benefits everyone who can avail of the deal..

.. what's the point in having one person reap all the benefits of having people use his / her affiliate link?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

yellow hen wrote: »
    Just booked this for blanch. Does anyone know if it's pram friendly as I don't think grafton street is.

Yes its on ground floor ,and plenty of room for prams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

yellow hen wrote: »

Yes, definitely much more roomy than town, that's why I went for there too as we have a 17month old.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Whats the situation with booking this ?? There is only two of us and I thought captain Americas was just a walk in dinner ?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Little Pea wrote: »
    Whats the situation with booking this ?? There is only two of us and I thought captain Americas was just a walk in dinner ?

You can tell them you've a voucher if you want but not necessary. As long as you order from the main menu there's no problem. You can walk in, anytime we've ever booked it was unnecessary.

After meal, go to the paying counter rather than ask for the bill and show them the voucher. They have all the voucher purchases on a spreadsheet and will just tick your name off, allowing you to then pay any surplus over 60 if required

Saves any awkwardness and confusion :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it. I was hoping to go to the Grafton Street dinner after work. However I didnt want to be tied down with a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭ooter

Never been to ca's before,is the a la carte menu a separate menu or is it part of the main menu?

ooter wrote: »
    Never been to ca's before,is the a la carte menu a separate menu or is it part of the main menu?

The a la carte is there main menu. They have another all day 2 courses for €15 menu and a €10 lunch menu that you cannot avail of using the voucher.

Here is the different Blanch menu's http://www.captainamericas.com/blanchardstown/menu/

It is anything. There is an ala carte menu and there are special menus with 2 courses for x amount and there are cheap kids menus

So you can order anything,not just from the a la carte menu?

So you can order anything,not just from the a la carte menu?

No. No use of special promo menus allowed, i.e. you cannot avail of 2 for €15, or €10 lunch menu

See terms:
    Voucher valid on main a la carte menu only, menu may be subject to change.

Voucher not valid in conjunction with any other offer, special or promotion

Yeah that's what I thought,Thanks.

oops. Thanks for putting me straight

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

damn missed it, nice deal for 24e...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Just printed off €120 worth of CA stuff for the princely sum of €48. Lubly jubly :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    You can tell them you've a voucher if you want but not necessary. As long as you order from the main menu there's no problem. You can walk in, anytime we've ever booked it was unnecessary.

After meal, go to the paying counter rather than ask for the bill and show them the voucher. They have all the voucher purchases on a spreadsheet and will just tick your name off, allowing you to then pay any surplus over 60 if required

Saves any awkwardness and confusion :pac:

If you don't tell them about the voucher until the end can you then avail of the free refills that previous posters had problems with.

Advertisement