Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling homesick anyone else?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I admire you all for actually moving away cos I know I could never do it myself - I'm a real home bird, always have been and always will be.

I even feel a bit silly saying that I am a home bird nowadays cos a lot of people my age have moved away and are "having the time of their lives" or something like that, in Australia or Canada - It's like some of the older generation (in their 50's/60's) can't understand why a young person wouldn't want to travel the world or work abroad because "there's nothing here sure, oh i wish I was living in Australia" - well bloody well go then! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Im not from Ireland, and find it quite lonely over here.
    I get homesick a bit, there's been times when im in the airport, to come back to Ireland, and im crying because im homesick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

20260622 wrote: »
    Comes and goes all the time and unfortunately being on the other side of the world means I can't just pop on a plane and go home for a weekend.

Been lucky enough to get home every Christmas thanks to my very generous parents so I spend every year on the countdown to December, not an ideal way to live but it has to be done for now.
    Hoping to come home for good in 2015 so saving hard and looking forward to it, whatever the state of the economy.

As Dorothy said, there's no place like home :D

I'm in a similar boat to yourself. I'm living in Arizona so it's way too far away to just hop on a plane and go back for a short visit. The time difference is also a kicker, I'm lucky if I get to talk to my family once a week. I was in New York at the weekend and noticed a lot of Irish around the place. In Arizona I have not met any Irish (Not a huge deal to me but might be to others) No immediate plan to go back to Ireland. My brother has his own family and his own responsibilities, my sister lives in a different county to my parents and most of my friends are scattered around the place. Though I'm homesick a lot, there's not much waiting for me back in Ireland....

Advertisement