Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money "Stolen" from Garda station

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

If it happens all the time why is it news now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That money was just resting in his bank account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

I don't think it was stolen, The news reported that there was a "hole in the evidence bag" Case closed! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Look for the fella with the crown and fur coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I can't wait to see a list of the 'suspects'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Ming will do time for this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Do the 'quotes' imply that the money wasn't really stolen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Do the 'quotes' imply that the money wasn't really stolen?

WHAT?? This is an outrage!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Sitec wrote: »

Or the guy with the mustache. It's always the fellas with the staches.

Hitler, Stalin, Dick Dastardly, Mary Harney. The list goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gardai have released an image of the suspects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I heard that 2 eastern european males (non-Gardai), possibly Roma, were seen fleeing the station recently. There are 12 Garda witnesses to this event!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Predicted statement from the GRA.

"The underlying issue here is not really about the money that may or may not have been stolen.
    The government need to realize that until they give the Garda a 50% increase in salary and a preferential rate of tax then this thing will happen. I for one want to know what Enda Kenny plans to do to address this."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Could someone post the article, cant open it.

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

Sitec wrote: »

Fcuking Hell !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

gimme some thanks please

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Why did they have to hold cash as evidence for two months anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭skyfall2012

Ah Lads, I told you not to be leaving money lying around the station!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

if the evidence was a pair of smelly pants this wouldn't be in the news...

moral is, shíte goes missin sometimes, now lets never speak of it again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Money stolen from Garda Station and who is investigating it, ahh yea, the gaurds themselves, thats grand then.!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Feck sakes lads, sure wasn't there a hole in the bag! I blame the dept of justice for providing the guards with poor quality and probably imported evidence bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

Look for the person that made bail at a sureity of, you guessed 9,000 Euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

they have to wait; for the filth to arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They should look down the back of the interrogation sofa, and they'll probably find a few missing socks as well, and some Taytos and M&Ms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Herc and Carver must have been on the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Someone probably needed to pay their second mortgage on the buy-to -let property. I blame Shatter and his cuts.

The hole in the bag :rolleyes: they should follow the trail like Hansel and Gretel

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Could someone post the article, cant open it.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/9000-of-raid-cash-missing-from-garda-station-29144611.html
    Tom Brady Security Editor– 21 March 2013
    GARDAI have launched an investigation after €9,000 disappeared from an evidence bag at a garda station.
    A small tear was found in the bag that held a large quantity of cash recovered several weeks ago after a post office robbery.
    A major investigation is now under way into how the cash went missing at Balbriggan garda station -- with forensic officers examining the bag to determine whether it was cut open.
    The money in the bag was the suspected proceeds of an armed robbery at a post office in Lusk, north Co Dublin, last January.
    Armed raiders made off with €26,000 after holding up staff at the premises, but the haul was recovered soon afterwards.
    Detectives on an anti-crime patrol responded to an emergency call about the raid and intercepted the gang as they were making their escape.
    After the cash was taken by gardai to Balbriggan station in Dublin, it was bagged and tagged after being photographed for use as evidence in a subsequent criminal trial.
    The money was then placed in a safe at the station.
    However, when the owner of the premises called to seek the return of the money, gardai discovered a small tear in the side of the bag.
    The contents of the bag were checked and it was discovered that €9,000 had disappeared.
    A thorough search of the station was carried out and members who handled the money were interviewed.
    But none of the missing cash has been traced.
    The garda authorities have now appointed a senior officer from outside the division to head a formal investigation into the disappearance of the cash.
    One officer said last night that it was too early yet to say whether the cash had been stolen again while in garda storage.
    But there was no evidence to indicate that it had been mislaid.
    In the January raid, three thugs held up four members of staff and two customers at gunpoint, and locked the staff in a back room while the customers were ordered to lie on the floor.
    They ran out with the money and jumped into a getaway car. But before they could drive off, gardai blocked their exit.
    The gang locked themselves into the car, but gardai eventually smashed the windows of the vehicle and pulled out the suspects.
    The post office money was recovered inside the car.
    The post office also operates as a Costcutter shop. Two raiders were shot dead at the premises during a botched robbery in May 2005.
    Robbers Colm Griffin and Eric Hopkins were gunned down when they confronted members of the Emergency Response Unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I don't think it was stolen, The news reported that there was a "hole in the evidence bag" Case closed! :pac:

Maybe if they used a case and not a bag, this might not have happened :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

gardai are looking into it, boom boom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 invincibl3

I'll save the Gardai Siochana and their sycophants here the bother by saying "shur there's bad apples in every barrel"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Two fellas were killed for stealing that before it became evidence, if it was stolen I hope the prick that took it dies screaming too.

Advertisement